Search Unity

Unity Editor with dual monitors: 4k and ~1080p

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by Lipoly, Aug 18, 2017.

1. Lipoly

Lipoly

I have a 4k monitor as my primary monitor, and a "regular" monitor (actually 1920x1200) as the secondary. Unity appears to use whichever monitor the main window is on to set it's UI DPI settings and cannot adjust windows independently based on which monitor they reside.

This leads to either unusably huge or tiny windows depending on if the main editor window is on the 4k screen or not...it also won't maximize windows properly...they only take up a fraction of the screen at maximum size. This really makes it pretty much impossible to use multiple monitors with this setup.

I've tested w/2017.1.0f3...I was hoping 2017 would address this, but apparently not.

I know this issue has been raised before per my searches...I was just wanting to see if perhaps I've missed a forecasted fix for it...or of any workarounds.

Ziplock9000 likes this.
  2. Ziplock9000

Ziplock9000

Even though 4K displays have been available for a long time now Unity Editor has not made a move or even have on the roadmap when it will be supported. There's been no dialog either that is easy to find. Unity on 4K is essentially unusable and with it becoming ubiquitous, many will move to Unreal. They don't seem to care.

3. parkovski

parkovski

I wanted to add my input to this - it's been years since it's been supported for Mac. I realize Windows has more display ratios and that makes it harder, but please prioritize this for the next release - I'm not sure if you all use Macs at Unity or something but somebody needs to try the editor on HiDPI Windows and realize that lots of people are forced to use that every day. The blurriness gets really frustrating and there's nothing we can do about it except beg and it feels really pathetic because all of these great features keep getting developed but we can't even get a decent editor experience on Windows.