Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice

Unity Editor Windows Quartered and Clipp

Discussion in '2017.3 Beta' started by cansub, Nov 26, 2017.

1. cansub

cansub

This issue has suddenly sprung up on all my versions of Unity 2017.2.05, 2017.3.08, 2017.3.10. The whole editor window is clipped into the top left corner - see below image.. Only the menu bar works and I can move around in the Scene view. Other than that nothing else is available. If I minimize and maximize, the windows clip back in either black or white or not at all. Visible in the image is the Unity editor and I also opened up the Animation window which opened up with the exact same issue.

I have uninstalled all versions of Unity with Revo uninstall and deleted a registry files and support files. I reinstalled Unity 2017.3.10 after a reboot but no change. I even went physically into the registry with regedit and manually deleted Unity registry entries, rebooted and reinstalled Unity 2017.3.10. Nothing has changed and Unity is unworkable now. Unity is the only program that I am having an issue with and I cannot find any known issues through google searches. Anyone with any suggestions (other than a clean wipe of the system, which is likely to work but not a good option)?

upload_2017-11-25_23-4-21.png

2. Evaldas_Unity

Evaldas_Unity

Unity Technologies

The first thing I'd guess is GPU Drivers. Maybe Windows decided to do a sneaky update and sneaked in a GPU driver update too.
    Other than that - no idea. Have never seen such behaviour. You also said that it _suddenly_ started appearing on _all_ versions, so looks more like a system, not a Unity problem.

3. Peter77

Peter77

QA Jesus

I've seen something similar yesterday.

My computer was in sleep mode while Unity editor was open. When I woke up my PC and focused Unity, the editor window appeared, but was completely white. Only the application titlebar was displayed correctly. After a few seconds of doing nothing but starring at the editor and wondering whether it recovers, the editor crashed.

I submitted the crash as:
    (Case 972709) 2017.3: Editor crashed after wake up from sleep

4. cansub

cansub

I agree, it really does seem like a GPU issue. If I grab the window and move it around it really starts clipping and leaving parts of itself around. I've had it go all white or all black minimizing it and then maximizing it. Windows has been doing quite a few updates lately (being on the fast ring) and I think they broke something on mine. I will look at rolling back drivers...

5. Dave-Bacher

Dave-Bacher

I was having a similar problem to this as well, on Insider Fast as of a week ago, on my Surface Pro 3. I can't promise this is the case for you, and so on...

But right click Unity.exe and go to properties, and pick compatibility. In the compatibility options, mark "Override high DPI scaling behavior." In the drop down, pick "Application." Close it out, and then start Unity. And what I'm seeing at that point is that all the UI renders correctly (albeit small).