Search Unity

Bug Unity Editor Window Flickering when rendering shaded scenes | Linux Xubuntu

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by Aj8841, Mar 19, 2023.

1. Aj8841

Aj8841

I am using unity 2022.2.9f1 and my unity editor started flickering a lot.

What I am thinking that happened is that when I upgraded my project from the Built-In 3D render pipeline to URP it added the URP camera data script twice to the every camera in the project. Including the scene camera. Then the editor viewport wouldn't render anything.

I removed the one of the two universal camera data scripts from all cameras except the scene view camera and it got rid of the annoying error where it couldn't add the Universal Camera Data script. But now, it made it so that my unity editor does this:
    upload_2023-3-18_18-11-56.png

This is super annoying and I have no idea how to fix it!

thanks in advance!

rosaParuvm and GilberM like this.
  2. rosaParuvm

rosaParuvm

A couple days late, but if you're still looking for a solution, I solved this today by going to player settings for Windows, Mac and Linux (even though I'm not building for that platform), unchecking "Auto Graphics API for Linux" and making sure the top API was set to Vulkan.

Hope this helps!

hoodust, Aj8841 and Jakems like this.
  3. Aj8841

Aj8841

I tried that, and it didn't seem to work. I have a small feeling ill just have to start a new unity project and move the files over.

4. srodrigodev

srodrigodev

I get that issue as well. Your suggestion didn't fix it @rosaParuvm

I get an extra issue where my scene tab is full of weird red "particles". I believe it's because I'm using URP, but it's just a template project, so I didn't really add/remove anything. It works fine without URP, but this makes it effectively unusable for me on Linux, defeating the whole point.

Screenshot from 2023-04-12 09-03-12.png

5. KimmoFactor

KimmoFactor