Search Unity

Unity Editor will not load: "License is not active"

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by peteforde, Jun 20, 2020.

1. peteforde

peteforde

Hi there, I'm a Unity Plus customer with a valid license running Windows 10 2004 update 64-bit. When I attempt to open any project with any version of the editor, the splash pops up for a moment before returning me to Unity Hub v2.3.2.

Looking in the very sparse editor log it seems as though it can't connect to the license server, even though I am fully logged-in via Unity Hub and on my web session. Looking at Task Manager while I attempt to load a project, I see subtasks including Unity.Licensing.Client.exe and inexplicably, NodeJS.

Having done a fair bit of Googling, this problem does seem to come up a lot for folks running inside of a Docker instance. I am *not* running Docker, but I do have an Ubuntu VM running inside of a WSL2 container. I don't know why this would impact my situation, but I am including it here in case it is relevant.

Here's the interesting part of my editor log:

[LicensingClient] ERROR Failed to connect to local IPC
    [Licensing::Module] Failed to connect to channel: LicenseClient-pete
    [Licensing::Module] Successfully launched the LicensingClient
    [Licensing::Module] Successfully connected to LicensingClient on channel: LicenseClient-pete
    [Licensing::Module] Successfully launched and connected to LicensingClient
    Entitlement-based licensing initiated
    [LicensingClient] Licenses Updated successfully in LicensingClient

LICENSE SYSTEM [2020620 14:54:18] Next license update check is after 2020-06-21T18:19:04

Built from '2019.3/staging' branch; Version is '2019.3.2f1 (c46a3a38511e) revision 12872250'; Using compiler version '191627012'
    OS: 'Windows 10 (10.0.0) 64bit' Language: 'en' Physical Memory: 65428 MB
    [Licensing::Module] License is not active (com.unity.editor.ui). HasEntitlements will fail.
    BatchMode: 0, IsHumanControllingUs: 1, StartBugReporterOnCrash: 1, Is64bit: 1, IsPro: 0
    No valid Unity Editor license found. Please activate your license.
    [Package Manager] Server::Start -- Port 57449 was selected

What else can I say/offer to assist? I am completely locked out of Unity right now, and it sucks.