Search Unity

1. Unity 2020.2 has been released.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Good news ✨ We have more Unite Now videos available for you to watch on-demand! Come check them out and ask our experts any questions!
    Dismiss Notice

Bug Unity Editor Update Check window is non interactive

Discussion in '2020.2 Beta' started by Hyp-X, Dec 3, 2020.

1. Hyp-X

Hyp-X

Now that beta 14 is out beta 13 greets me with this window.
    Nothing works on this window (buttons, checkbox).

upload_2020-12-3_10-44-19.png

I get this error message it might be related:

Failed to destroy editor windows: #1
    EditorUpdateWindow
    UnityEditor.WindowLayout:LoadDefaultWindowPreferences ()

2. Baste

Baste

Workaround: I believe "Check for Updates" is a global preference. That window was crashing the editor on startup after we updated our 2020.1 version, opening a 2018.4 version, opening the update check and unchecking "Check for updates" stopped the crashes in 2020.1.

3. LeonhardP

LeonhardP

Unity Technologies

Looks like this could be due to this bug: https://issuetracker.unity3d.com/product/unity/issues/guid/1274737/

A fix is currently being worked on. I've reached out to the devs for an update.

We have a fix for that issue in the pipeline: https://issuetracker.unity3d.com/product/unity/issues/guid/1285668/

4. Baste

Baste

In my case, the crash happened without user interaction - ie. I opened a project, the window popped up, Unity crashed. Case 1295380

5. SilverStorm

SilverStorm

I tried to create a new project for URP in 2020.2 from the hub. Unity loads the new project with the green bar on the tab going to 80% then I see a black empty popup called Unity Editor Update check and if clicked it just makes an error sound and Unity stays frozen like this no longer moving the loading bar. Should I take this as a sign to quit game development?

That was until I took a closer look because something that was barely visible was tucked behind the black window.
    And after clicking on it-it came to the surface despite the black window. It says failed to load window layout. No matter what I click on revert or load it will keep repeatedly popping up. Only option is to close or quit and doing so will close Unity. I had to reopen the project and then it proceeded to work fine. This is clearly a bug that I will post here rather than reporting as I can't be assed dealing with the devs, I've reported too many in the last month.

[]---3.jpg []---4.jpg

unityunity