Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice

Unity Editor UI keeps reloading something after each click

Discussion in '2021.1 Beta' started by newguy123, Jan 31, 2021.

1. KarlKarl2000

KarlKarl2000

Ok I'll give that tool a look when I find the time. Btw I sent you the log file via DM, hope it helps.

Regarding the repo, thanks for the suggstions!

2. syscrusher

syscrusher

FYI, I'm seeing this error at an extremely high level, almost making the editor unusable in some projects. Tonight I literally "called it quits" for the evening simply because I was tired of waiting for the "repaint" that was happening literally every mouse click in the Scene View.

I ran my editor log through a "grep" to select just the performance lines, then ran the following to look for the problematic ones. I've highlighted the worst offenders.

scott@Picard:~$ awk '{print $1, $2, $3, $4, $5, $6, $7, $8, $9, $10, $11, $12;}' < archviz-editor-perf-20210413.txt | grep ' s (' | grep Repaint
    [Performance] GameView.Repaint : 144693 samples, Peak. 15.4 s (1717.2x), Avg. 8.96 ms,
    [Performance] SceneHierarchyWindow.Repaint : 1722 samples, Peak. 2.69 s (571.9x), Avg. 4.71 ms,
    [Performance] InspectorWindow.Repaint : 2610 samples, Peak. 24.6 s (889.6x), Avg. 27.7 ms,
    [Performance] GUIView.RepaintAll.PlayerLoopController : 143871 samples, Peak. 16.1 s (718.4x), Avg. 22.4 ms,
    [Performance] GUIView.RepaintAll.RepaintScene : 106783 samples, Peak. 24.6 s (17924.0x), Avg. 1.37 ms,
    [Performance] SceneView.Repaint : 153008 samples, Peak. 103 s (10482.5x), Avg. 9.81 ms,
    [Performance] GUIView.RepaintAll.RequestRepaint : 1097668 samples, Peak. 1.15 s (203671.9x), Avg. 5.62 us,
    [Performance] LightingWindow.Repaint : 2334 samples, Peak. 1.03 s (264.6x), Avg. 3.88 ms,

(Nota bene: There are better ways to do that "awk" step, but I'm really tired and that was the syntax I could remember offhand.)

This is happening in multiple projects for me. I haven't taken detailed notes yet on the common factors, because until now I hadn't seen this as more than a minor annoyance, but I'll start tracking it more closely to see if I can spot a pattern.

Some things I can say for sure, and others I can say tentatively:
    • Tentatively, I think there may be a connection to HDRP in particular, or to SRP in general. The projects where I'm having the problem all use SRP and mostly use HDRP (there's one URP project, but I can't recall if it's having this problem).
    • The project that has this problem worst for me is not using MicroSplat (which someone else suggested might be involved). This observation doesn't prove MicroSplat can't trigger the bug, but it does prove that MicroSplat is not "the cause" of the bug.
    • Likewise, I can say the bug reproduces in projects with, and without, Amplify Shader Editor, which I thought might be related to the problem. (I did not think ASE itself was the cause, but rather that Unity might be stuck endlessly recompiling ASE's output or something of that sort.)
    • None of my projects are using DOTS.
    • I don't recall observing this before Unity 2020.1, but I won't swear to that.
    I'll keep looking into this, but in the meantime I have to add my voice to those asking the Unity team to consider this a critical bug. Until recently it's been an inconvenience, but I've migrated a couple of larger projects lately, and it's worse for these.

One final note: I understand as a developer why Unity wants to get copies of projects where bugs can be reproduced, but please understand that for some of us the idea of uploading a 20 GB or larger project is simply infeasible due to Internet speeds. My Internet is 48 megabits down and 12 megabits up, very asymmetrical. Even "stuffing the pipe" for an upload will result in about 1 megabyte/sec of upload, which works out to approximately 16 minutes per gigabyte. So uploading 20 GB will hammer my Internet for 5 hours.

Julinoleum and KarlKarl2000 like this.
  3. Aras

Aras

Unity Technologies

Anything would still be better than nothing. For example: exact list of packages (and their exact versions) that you use in your project that exhibits the issue. This one is like a kilobyte size file that's easy to send in a bug report :)

Or: duplicate your project, delete Library and all the textures+audio files, send that. This likely would cut down the project size massively, and with some luck might still reproduce the issue.

4. hacomagi

hacomagi

Here is a list of Package in my project, which has extreme sceneview.repaint.
    You can repro with probably just putting Microsplat with some 4k 16 texture array + vegetation studio (4 trees + 2 grass + 8 plants) + vegetation engine.

3rd Party
    1. Microsplat
      1. Tess
      2. Procedural Runtime
    2. Gaia Pro - Sample Asset removed - mainly used for stamping
    3. Gena Pro - Sample Asset removed
    4. R.A.M - Sample Asset removed - For water and lake
    5. Vegetation Studio
    6. Vegetation Engine
    7. AmplifySE
    8. AmplifyImposter
    9. Peek by Ludiq
    Unity Official
    1. HDRP
    2. VFXGraph - for Top down clouds
    3. ETC. every other pre-installed that comes with 2020.3

Last edited: Apr 16, 2021
    Ruslank100 likes this.
  5. Aras

Aras

Unity Technologies

A bug report with full packages.json manifest would be more useful. Crucially -- exact versions of all the packages, and exact version of the unity editor.

6. jeromeWork

jeromeWork

Lol. Ah, so that's all the big assets that the Unity Store regularly touts as 'top assets'...
    Considering a big part of Unity's business model is based on taking a cut from these Asset Store sales, you'd think the engine team was in close communication with 'top assets' developers :D

7. Aras

Aras

Unity Technologies

No, I mean package manager packages. Is Unity Collaborate used, if so which version? Is TextMeshPro used, if so which version? Is new input system used, if so which version? etc.

8. jeromeWork

jeromeWork

Sorry @Aras I'm just pulling your leg. Ignore me :)

9. jessejarvis

jessejarvis

Same issue for me on April 22, 2021. Solved(ish) it though for me it was related to Peek.HierarchyToolbars > AssetPreviewUpdater.CreatePreviewForAsset(). I just removed Peek for now and no more refresh after every change to any object lol.

10. jacasch

jacasch

We are Facing similar issues after updating out project from 2019.4 LTS to 2020.3 LTS.
    Everytime a script gets saved we have extreamly long time for "Reloading Script Assemblies"

Also there appears to be a memory leak of some sort.
    In the Task Manager the Memory usage quickly rises to above 10GB, (was not even 2GB with the 2019 version).
    If I use the Profiler to Profile the Editor, I dont thath much memory being allocated.

Also Everythign just feels much much slow. (Opening/Closing Editor, Recompiling Scrips, Scene View in the Editor, Entering Playmode).

Its really not possible to work like this.

11. DavidLe360

DavidLe360

Hi, I think I found the cause and work around, at least in my case. (Sorry if I didn't explain by text. It's more easy for me by a video :D) :

Hope can help other

12. VBenincasa

VBenincasa

Having the same issue with 2020 LTS. Pretty much anything I do causes Unity to process for at least a couple seconds, often more.

It frankly doesn't feel like a stable build at all.

13. newguy123

newguy123

This is ANNOYING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

With Unity 2021.2.0a20 I literally did NOTHING but start a new project. After the project started, I left the window open as I was browsing on another screen for few minutes. Going back to Unity, and SIMPLY SELECTING the Main Camera, I'm STILL greeted by this:

upload_2021-6-10_12-5-15.png

Come on Unity, WTF ?!? So in 6 months since my original post about this, nothing has changed it seems. Well the UI does look prettier, but I would prefer no 30 to 60 second delays for simply selecting an object!!!!!!!

Last edited: Jun 10, 2021
  14. zerescas

zerescas

Unity 2021.1.11f1.
    Seems infinity "Hold on" after update a C# script.

Attached Files:

curtispelissier likes this.
  15. Aras

Aras

Unity Technologies

Which code editing package do you have in your project (Visual Studio, Visual Studio Code, Rider)? What is the version of that package? As far as I'm aware, the "unity is busy doing something after saving a C# script" was an issue with some Visual Studio package versions, but it should be fixed now.

alienorbit likes this.
  16. Christopher-Anderson-GISP

Christopher-Anderson-GISP

i am using unity version 2020.3.15f2 and it has gotten so bad i can't continue to work. i have filed a bug report and included the profiler data file (using stand alone). all i have to do is create a new hdr project and nothing else. just moving my mouse around causes the repainting message to pop up. i even removed all of the sample hdr scene and opened a new scene with just a camera and directional light. my cpu usage is almost zero and seems to only run on a single core (i have a 16 core processor). i increased my memory to 64gb but it hasn't helped at all. in fact is appears to have gotten even worse.

Unity, any movement on this issue as it looks to be quite wide spread on multiple versions?
    bug case number is 1357511

adam_pen, newguy123 and KarlKarl2000 like this.
  17. TieSKey

TieSKey

Are u using Vulkan as graphics API? I ran on a problem with the same symptoms on other version of unity (can't remember which) and changing to DirectX worked around it.

18. Christopher-Anderson-GISP

Christopher-Anderson-GISP

i'm running on Windows, but my only 2 options are Vulkan and OpenGLCore. not sure it matters but my processor is an AMD.

19. TieSKey

TieSKey

The first option in that list is what the editor uses. Try moving OpenGL to the top.
    It took me a while to that with the editor hanging every 2 seconds, was an awful experience.

20. HIBIKI_entertainment

HIBIKI_entertainment

It's looking like the common causes are third party assets that are refreshing editor draw state or hierarchy state.

Do you have any of the messages like :
    on click
    on mouse up

These are sometimes followed what is calling it.
    You can also increase the time for these messages to pop up in the editor settings

21. Ruchir

Ruchir

It does look like a lot of third party assets cause this but somehow the editor refresh itself seems slower in many cases. :(

22. TieSKey

TieSKey

Oh don't worry. My particular issue (no idea what it was causing it) was fixed some betas ago. I just posted the workaround I used some months ago in case it could be helpful to others. Afaik the hanging method was not always the same.

Btw, the timer for the message popups won't "unfreeze" or prevent the editor from becoming unresponsive, it just delays the message saying why/where it is unresponsive.

23. SorraTheOrc

SorraTheOrc

It has nothing to do with third party assets. It's Unity itself. the good news is that the problem doesn't seem to exist in 2021. Fortunately my dev work is at a stage where I can afford to skip a version before locking on my final release version. So I'm sticking in 2019 until 2021 hits LTS and then I'll (probably) lock on 2021 (which has some good perf and QoL improvements)..

2020 was a bad year in many ways. It is not surprising to me that Unity had trouble getting a solid release out under the circumstances. But seemingly blaming it on other folks and silently resolving the issues in 2021 is bad form. You can do better than this Unity people.

[EDIT] I should say, I use Visual Studio, but a team member on a recent GameJam uses Rider and is still experiencing some of the problems discussed in this thread.

24. theembracedone

theembracedone

I have been running into this quite often on 2020.3.3f1, but only today after seeing that video @DavidLe360 posted started to really investigate. I only have this problem when I am editing prefabs, and only selective objects as per the video. I managed to narrow it down in my case to a specific component from Databox (link) called DataboxObjectLink.

if I click on a gameobject that has a DataboxObjectLink after opening my prefab and then do nothing, this window keeps coming up about every few seconds... but if I remove that one component, that completely stops. I dont know what can be done about this, but here's an editor log of that particular loop:

https://hatebin.com/tqzzqnqdzq

I doubt it's specifically Databox causing this, as I experience this with a couple of other objects as well that dont have DataboxObjectLink on them...

Here's the contents of my manifest.json with package list: https://hatebin.com/lfqdkmcumf

Upon some more investigation into the aforementioned DataboxObjectLink, I've found that the culprit for this particular object was a line in the DataboxObjectLinkEditor script:
    Code (CSharp):
    1. EditorUtility.SetDirty(dbObject);
    The popup comes up for me also if I edit any attributes of any objects in my prefab even if the object only has a simple Transform and nothing else. Same for removing or adding components; the popup appears no matter what object I'm adding/removing or what's on the gameobject already.

Found another culprit that is caused by the FlowchartWindow.cs of Fungus (link), specifically the lines to do with
    Code (CSharp):
    1. Undo.RecordObject(Object objectToUndo, string name);
    within OnInspectorGUI, MouseDown, MouseUp, MouseDrag etc.

It seems that the issue might come from making sure that attributes get saved and recording actions for saving and undoing so far...

Last edited: Sep 3, 2021
  25. Baste

Baste

The prefab mode has been slow to the point of uselessness from day 1 unless you turn off the auto-save toggle.

26. theembracedone

theembracedone

Thank you, that's a great suggestion. I turned off the auto save and at least the prefab mode is now usable again! I'll report here if I have new findings!

27. SunnyChow

SunnyChow

it's so painful, and my project is not big

28. XyrisKenn

XyrisKenn

I keep seeing MLSManager.GUI repaint, mouse up, mouse down, mousedrag after every interaction in 2020.3.20f1 LTS.
    Why is this happening?
    Is Unity testing for this?
    How can I regard LTS releases as stable when this sort of bug recurs so often?

29. HIBIKI_entertainment

HIBIKI_entertainment

Sometimes repaints can be due to how Asset UIs are repainted.
    In this instance Magic Lightmap Switcher.

It would be a good idea to provide Publishers with this information too, just in case of any bugs or optimisations that they may be able to do on their end, specifically for newer editor versions.

MartinTilo and XyrisKenn like this.
  30. Pattrigue

Pattrigue

Recently upgraded my project to 2020 and I'm having the same issue.

It seems like every time I enter play mode, the loading times just get longer and longer until the editor just straight up freezes and never resumes. Sometimes just editing a serialized field in the inspector causes it to freeze and show a dialogue box that never goes away.

This box (and the Application.EnterPlayMode one) just lock the editor for me more often than not and I am forced to restart the editor via the task manager.

I honestly can't believe this has been an issue for so long. It's impossible to work with this kind of instability.

31. Aras

Aras

Unity Technologies

Most likely this means there is some C# code in your project (straight in your project, or in one of the packages your project uses) that does more & more work around places where "domain reload" happens -- e.g. [InitializeOnLoad] C# script places and similar. I'd try to use Editor Iteration Profiler (https://forum.unity.com/threads/introducing-the-editor-iteration-profiler.908390/) to see where the time was spent around entering play mode -- my wild guess is that it would point to some things in your project/packages.

MartinTilo likes this.
  32. Pattrigue

Pattrigue

Alright - I did that. Ran play mode a few times, it was clear that the duration in ms increased every time I entered play mode.
    upload_2021-10-26_16-40-11.png
    This seems to be the worst offender which does not seem related to any third party packages as far as I can tell - in fact, it looks like an issue with JetBrains Rider, the IDE I use... any idea what this is about?

EDIT:
    I switched to VSCode and only 10 minutes later, it froze again.
    upload_2021-10-26_16-58-36.png
    When closing the editor, I saw a message briefly appear about Unity having lost connection to something but I didn't get to read it before the editor closed.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 26, 2021
  33. Baste

Baste

Your reload time is 8 seconds there, and Rider's just taking 400 ms. What makes you believe it's Rider that's the culprit?

Application.Reload is taking just over 4000 ms, so there's just under 4000 ms of other work happening in EnterPlayMode you're not showing. Of the 4000ms Application.Reload is taking, ProcessInitializeOnLoadAttributes is just taking just over 1000, so there's ~3000ms you're not showing.

The interesting thing here if it takes longer and longer is which values are growing for each iteration.

FlavioIT and MartinTilo like this.
  34. Pattrigue

Pattrigue

I apologize but I have no clue how to use this and I thought this was the correct information.

I tried deleting the Library folder, and that seems to have somehow fixed the loading times increasing over time, however I still get frequent freezes where the editor is frozen with the "hold on" dialogue box. It seemed to happen a lot when I entered play mode while viewing a prefab in the scene view - but that's probably related to what you posted earlier.

35. BigDandBigDandBigD

BigDandBigDandBigD

upload_2021-11-15_14-36-12.png

Editor Profiler

My case is Unity forzes every time when I select a folder with subfolders containing png files, this phenomenon disappears when I close the inspector window.

Based on these circustances I am pretty sure it is not caused by any pacakge or plugin. It might be caused by the refresh logic of the Unity windows, there are more than thousands GC calls below the selected entry in my uploaded screen capture.

Hope this can help finding the right direction.

Last edited: Nov 15, 2021
  36. mahdi_jeddi

mahdi_jeddi

If you can reproduce this easily, it's better to send a bug report.

MartinTilo likes this.
  37. Dreamsy999

Dreamsy999

hi does anyone actually have a solution
    i read through this whole thread and got literally nothing

XyrisKenn and Microgorath like this.
  38. SorraTheOrc

SorraTheOrc

2021 has some pretty nasty UI bugs and a few annoying editor slow downs, but it is (IMHO) significantly better than 2020 - even though it is not LTS yet. LTS is not far away so if you can afford to go forward a release my experience tells me it is worthwhile. That said, my main project is still on 2019 I plan to skip to 2021 if it gets to LTS and the remaining (obvious) bugs get picked off.2021 will then be my release version

Walter_Hulsebos likes this.
  39. olgusahin

olgusahin

If someone is still having this issue with 2020 I just found out that deleting the Assets/AddressableAssetsData/AssetGroups folder gets rid of the loading for long time after each click problem. We have all our assets linked to addressable groups via folders and doing so seems to be the culprit. Multipe assets selected at the same time caused the delay to increase exponentially for me before doing this.

Of course it is not the perfect solution, especially if you are directly working with addressables, but deleting the addressables folder and reverting those changes after I'm done with my part at least helps me to keep on working.

XyrisKenn and FernandoMK like this.
  40. blackbird

blackbird

i still have that issue and Assets/AddressableAssetsData/AssetGroups is not even in my test project . i will stick to unity 2019 if things doesn't improve within next 6 months then i m done with unity each version is worse than before , i will use UE5 it less headache .

41. Houbeenie

Houbeenie

Is there any update on this? Working with 2020.3.33f1 and everything i do (including just multi-selecting objects or saving a scene/script) gives me loading bars of at least 2 minutes.

blackbird likes this.
  42. RubberBandGames

RubberBandGames

Can confirm if anyone is having the Repaint issue it is one of package upgrades, I suggest reverting back the packages manifest to one which didn't have the issue. Our works perfect now Unity 2020.3.34f1

43. armaan8014

armaan8014

What are package upgrades exactly? Which ones would these be? Are these different from store-bought assets?

44. RubberBandGames

RubberBandGames

this is all my dependencies. Compare them with yours

Code (CSharp):
    1. {
    2.   "dependencies": {
    3.     "com.unity.2d.sprite": "1.0.0",
    4.     "com.unity.2d.tilemap": "1.0.0",
    5.     "com.unity.addressables": "1.16.19",
    6.     "com.unity.animation.rigging": "1.0.3",
    7.     "com.unity.burst": "1.6.3",
    8.     "com.unity.cinemachine": "2.5.0",
    9.     "com.unity.ide.rider": "1.2.1",
    10.     "com.unity.ide.visualstudio": "2.0.9",
    11.     "com.unity.ide.vscode": "1.2.3",
    12.     "com.unity.jobs": "0.50.0-preview.8",
    13.     "com.unity.mathematics": "1.2.5",
    14.     "com.unity.memoryprofiler": "0.6.0-preview.1",
    15.     "com.unity.performance.profile-analyzer": "1.0.3",
    16.     "com.unity.probuilder": "4.4.0",
    17.     "com.unity.scriptablebuildpipeline": "1.19.5",
    18.     "com.unity.test-framework": "1.1.27",
    19.     "com.unity.textmeshpro": "3.0.6",
    20.     "com.unity.timeline": "1.4.8",
    21.     "com.unity.toolchain.win-x86_64-linux-x86_64": "0.1.21-preview",
    22.     "com.unity.ugui": "1.0.0",
    23.     "com.unity.modules.ai": "1.0.0",
    24.     "com.unity.modules.androidjni": "1.0.0",
    25.     "com.unity.modules.animation": "1.0.0",
    26.     "com.unity.modules.assetbundle": "1.0.0",
    27.     "com.unity.modules.audio": "1.0.0",
    28.     "com.unity.modules.cloth": "1.0.0",
    29.     "com.unity.modules.director": "1.0.0",
    30.     "com.unity.modules.imageconversion": "1.0.0",
    31.     "com.unity.modules.imgui": "1.0.0",
    32.     "com.unity.modules.jsonserialize": "1.0.0",
    33.     "com.unity.modules.particlesystem": "1.0.0",
    34.     "com.unity.modules.physics": "1.0.0",
    35.     "com.unity.modules.physics2d": "1.0.0",
    36.     "com.unity.modules.screencapture": "1.0.0",
    37.     "com.unity.modules.terrain": "1.0.0",
    38.     "com.unity.modules.terrainphysics": "1.0.0",
    39.     "com.unity.modules.tilemap": "1.0.0",
    40.     "com.unity.modules.ui": "1.0.0",
    41.     "com.unity.modules.uielements": "1.0.0",
    42.     "com.unity.modules.umbra": "1.0.0",
    43.     "com.unity.modules.unitywebrequest": "1.0.0",
    44.     "com.unity.modules.unitywebrequestassetbundle": "1.0.0",
    45.     "com.unity.modules.unitywebrequestaudio": "1.0.0",
    46.     "com.unity.modules.unitywebrequesttexture": "1.0.0",
    47.     "com.unity.modules.unitywebrequestwww": "1.0.0",
    48.     "com.unity.modules.vehicles": "1.0.0",
    49.     "com.unity.modules.video": "1.0.0",
    50.     "com.unity.modules.wind": "1.0.0"
    51.   }
    52. }

45. Endahs

Endahs

I used to get this issue in 2019, ported to 2020, was working for awhile and now I'm getting this issue too. Something is looping in the Editor and it scales based on how many objects I have selected in the Editor Inspector. One object selected? Sluggish but I can get by. If I select 50 files every few seconds I get a repaint window appearing, and it takes me about a minute or two to wait between those windows to change a value for all of those objects.

Example: If I select a single MP3 it takes about half a second to appear in inspector, but I can change values as much as I want and I won't get a repaint/please wait screen from the Editor. If I select 50 MP3s I am spammed with a continuous repaint/please wait screen with very brief windows of time where I can try to use the keyboard to change a value (let's say, volume), and I may need to wait 20 seconds for the value to appear and be applied.

Anyone have any reliable methods for resolving this?

blackbird likes this.
  46. Recon03

Recon03

This is the easy way out..... Unity DOES not make games, so they will never understand until they do.. I been a professional for decades and recently retired, when I worked for a company, as a UX/UI programmer, designer, I could never ever imagine not using the engine myself.... but designing it for users... I would never be able to understand problems, This is the common issue with Unity.... I say this alot, in hope they would listen and get the picture from many experience users, there are alot of experience users who use Unity and are fed up.. .

Look at there sample, they figured out as we did years ago that there default controller, is NOT usable.. as a small example project.. See Unity will never listen to experience AAA, AA or any indie developer I been here 15 years nearly since Unity 2-3, and they used to listen when it was the old team, but the team now a days, team always passing the buck and blame this or that.

Now its common to check a profiler for an issue, its the first thing you should do.. but this is still to this day a common issue, where the UI is trying to repaint every second, it causes lock ups as well... Unity does not have experience UX/UI programmers or designers... most have never worked on an engine or studio, designing programming interfaces , software etc... within an engine.... The few that do, WOULD know better and tell you the same thing I just did, that they could not properly do there job, with out using the engine them selves in a real game development environment.. but this will never change... Now that I had retired, I use Unity way less, and glad I do, way less headaches, than I had to when I did client work...

Unity will never change, which is why people that are making games are jumping ship over and over....

Bottom line the editor, is slow as hell and needs to be looked at by a experience software engineer with engine/game development experience. Not someone from an insurance company who uses Unity or someone else who never made games before or making a UX/UI designer programmer, on your team that is in reality a an artist, yes I pay attention who you guys are hiring today... Sorry but its causing issues and we can see it in the engine.... users are fed up. Then having a CEO call us the idiots? priceless.

.... it should of been fixed by now, I would be embarrassed if I had left this kind of issue to my team....

adam_pen likes this.
  47. deadlycrow

deadlycrow

2022 and this issue is still a pain in the ass. We are currently using the "LTS" version of 2021 and it is bugged as hell, you can't work over 10 minutes without encountering some sort of problem. As the OP says, unity doesnt make games, so obviously they won't easily see the flaws in their engine, but let me tell ya, after having a +100 GB project (which is on the lighter side of a so called "big project") the engine just start falling apart pretty easily. those "waiting" pop ups that doesnt let you do anything happening every 5 seconds are extremely annoying. AND THE PINACLE of it, the hold on pop up freezing your editor for over 5 minutes... While spiking your RAM to over 20 GB it just screams MEMORY LEAKS in the editor with BIG red fat letters. In our company we have a pro license, so that should mean we should have a "preferent" help, do you think thats actually true? HAHAHAH. only reason people is using unity paid licenses in 2022 is to just HIDE the shameful logo of the engine. Imagine the quality of a CEO such as Riticiello that your bussiness strategy is for users to pay to hide YOUR COMPANY BRAND out of shame. The irony of using brand names such as FERRARI in his speeches, brands that strive for being THE BEST, while your company name only represent shame and disgust. THE IRONY of the engine being called UNITY, where the officials that work in said engine just point fingers and blame other unity users for the engine problems instead of fixing the damn things. Shame on them for trying to blame unity devs that put assets on the store, when they should be the ones doing things RIGHT first hand, how? having a damn decent and competent QA team in their facilities to properly test the engine before releasing bugged versions. I understand an alpha can be bugged, a beta can be bugged, but don't laugh at us releasing an LTS official version thats AS bugged as an alpha one. It's UNREAL how incompetent the whole chain of management at unity is. just UNREAL. PUN INTENDED, cause to UNREAL is where all of us are moving to.

Last edited: Jul 29, 2022
    RequiGamer and TieSKey like this.
  48. KingKadriK

KingKadriK

same problem, 2021.3.6f1.

49. digimbyte

digimbyte

Have a minimal project, setting up basics for a template project and configuring content. when putting in a config for Neosis GUI, it had to repaint after every character press.

I wonder if its a hdd read problem, the logic that manages the repainting should be live all the time :/

50. digimbyte

digimbyte

this issue has been going on for quite some time, been quietly suffering since 2020 LTS and now on 2021.3.6LTS
    I am considering moving to other engines at this point and I've been using Unity since Unity 3.2
    Unreal just sucks because you have to deal with the whole 'build project' junk from vs studio and other obscure things.
    these micro hangs are killing me.