Search Unity

Unity Editor Slows When I Open Visual Studio

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by bekiryanik, Jul 13, 2019.

1. bekiryanik

bekiryanik

Hello,

After i have upgraded my PC system to macOS Mojave my unity editor slowed. Actually, i was thinking that it is because of the computer's system but today i've noticed something about why unity editor slows. I tested it like this;
    - On first try i opened my project and played it. The FPS was very good and there was nothing wrong. I didn't open VS on this try.
    - On second try i opened project and played it and while everything is normal, i opened Visual Studio. After VS is opened, the FPS is dropped around 2-5. I tried to install all of the updates of the visual studio but after i install the updates, visual studio gave error and it's not opening now.

I would like to a few question;
    - Does anyone face this problem before?
    - Do you have any idea why Unity editor slows when i open VS?
    - If you would like to suggest any other script editor which can be used with Unity, what would it be? (By the way, i installed Visual Studio Code and this one also slows Unity editor.)

Thanks in advance.

2. bekiryanik

bekiryanik

By the way, i use Unity 3D 2018.3.11f1 version. I couldn't upgrade my Unity to newer version because i have been working on a very detailed project for a long time.I am developing my game for WebGL, Android and iOS platforms. I have found some solutions like Metal Editor Support is no longer supported on macOS devices and if you turn this option off from Player Settings, your game turns back to normal FPS. But this solution doesn't work for me because i am not developing for desktop. If you have any idea, please share it with me because i am stuck in the last %10 of the project and i really cannot proceed.