Search Unity

1. Unity 2019.2 is now released.
    Dismiss Notice

Unity Editor migration -> IAP crash

Discussion in 'Unity IAP' started by Annopolus, May 25, 2019.

1. Annopolus

Annopolus

Hi All,

last days I had the "pleasure" to install some different Unity versions (because my code is dependent on the issue with audio which was solved in 2019.2 (beta)) and following that I migrated also my project across new Unity Editor versions.

I jumped from 2018.3.12f1 -> 2019.1.3.f1 -> 2019.1.4.f1 -> 2019.2.0b3

ALWAYS I had issues with IAP.
    • Description of your issue
    After new Unity Editor recompilled all code to the higher version I got very similliar errors:
    upload_2019-5-25_22-28-2.png

Additionally all scripts connected to UI IAP elements dissapeared:
    upload_2019-5-25_22-29-13.png
    (whih I assume is a result of above errors).

• Unity Version
    I had this problem in this versions: 2019.1.3.f1, 2019.1.4.f1, 2019.2.0b3
    However, in the 1st and 2nd I was able to fix it accordind to the instruction published on this forum (completely removing IAP by deleting 2 folders in Plugin and importing again from Services window). It works finally fine (not always in the 1st run but finally after some rounds it was fixed). But for 2019.2 beta - no way. I deleted dll's all folders, reimported/imported, etc.... no success.
    • Unity IAP version
    the newest: 1.22.0
    • Platform you are building for
    Android
    IL2CPP
    .NET 4
    ARMv7, ARM64, x86
    • Store you are targeting
    Google Play

EDIT:
    What I just noticed is different between 2019.1 and 2019.2 is the follwoing error when I tried to recreate IAP plugins:

Reload Assembly called from managed code directly. This will cause a crash. You should never refresh assets in synchronous mode or enter playmode synchronously from script code.
    UnityEditor.EditorApplication:Internal_CallUpdateFunctions()

I can see it blocks the full import process, so in result I have only Unity Purchasing folder recreated with Editor subfolder within and 3 packages (UDP, UnityChannel, UnityIAP)

EDIT2:
    Change to MONO from IL2CPP didnt helped :-(

Last edited: May 26, 2019
  2. spacepluk

spacepluk

I'm also seeing the reload assembly error even when trying to import IAP in an empty project with 2019.1.4f1

Reload Assembly called from managed code directly. This will cause a crash. You should never refresh assets in synchronous mode or enter playmode synchronously from script code.
    UnityEditor.EditorApplication:Internal_CallUpdateFunctions()

3. spacepluk

spacepluk

Importing the three packages manually seemed to help in my case. In the middle I got the errors in your first screenshot.

4. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

Unity Technologies

One note, there is a known issue that Unity 2019 doesn't properly trigger the required API update. Ensure that you install Unity into a path with no spaces, like C:\Unity. We are working on this.

spacepluk likes this.
  5. spacepluk

spacepluk

Thanks! Unity Hub puts stuff under "C:\Program Files". Do you think I should reinstall just in case? or is it fine now that I managed to get over the installation?

6. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

Unity Technologies

No, you need to (re)install to a path with no spaces. I believe the gear icon in the Hub allows you to set the location.

spacepluk likes this.
  7. Annopolus

Annopolus

I have all Unity's editors installed in d:\Unity\. and problem exist.
    Maybe the problem is with spaces AND special characters, as HUB installs editors in folder with dots, ie: d:\Unity\2019.1.4f1?

8. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

Unity Technologies

Not sure but would be easy enough to test. I'm currently installing to a folder like "D:\Unity201914f1" and will let you know soon, I'm testing now.

9. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

Unity Technologies

10. sravanthiN

sravanthiN

I am getting same error, after importing AR camera and I have downloaded unity2019.1.9f1pesonal, my laptop is brand new it has enough space for the software, please help me to fix it I am the beginner for unity and vuforia

11. bws99

bws99

Dude, i have same situation with urs. Did u find any solution? im trying to solve this for 3 days. gonna be crazy..

12. Enthused-Dragon

Enthused-Dragon

Same issue here.
    Using 2019.1.10f1

entropicjoey1 likes this.
  13. Faic

Faic

Same issue 2019.3.0a8

Can't continue working on my project. Anyone has a solution?

14. Conferno

Conferno

same issue here 2019.2

15. entropicjoey1

entropicjoey1

same issue 2019.1.10f1 =[ also because of that error, the install prompt never appears, except after ive disabled or reenabled iap through services, and when i do get it to show by toggling it, even when its enabled it says its not enabled so i cant install it that way, ive tried copying the two folders from a workign project i used to work on, doesnt work, ive tried everything suggested in pretty much every forum related to this topic and no luck, been at it for a week searching everywhere i can, no luck ive tried older versions of iap and same issues

i solved my issue, by upgrading to unity 2019.2.0f1, using iap version 1.20 and importing it and also importing manually the unity iap from the plugins folder, then enabling the iap from package manager also temporarily commented alll code pertaining to iap before starting the process, oddly in that order works fine for me headache is gone

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 9, 2019