Search Unity

Unity Editor migration -> IAP crash

Discussion in 'Unity IAP' started by Annopolus, May 25, 2019.

1. Annopolus

Annopolus

Hi All,

last days I had the "pleasure" to install some different Unity versions (because my code is dependent on the issue with audio which was solved in 2019.2 (beta)) and following that I migrated also my project across new Unity Editor versions.

I jumped from 2018.3.12f1 -> 2019.1.3.f1 -> 2019.1.4.f1 -> 2019.2.0b3

ALWAYS I had issues with IAP.
    • Description of your issue
    After new Unity Editor recompilled all code to the higher version I got very similliar errors:
    upload_2019-5-25_22-28-2.png

Additionally all scripts connected to UI IAP elements dissapeared:
    upload_2019-5-25_22-29-13.png
    (whih I assume is a result of above errors).

• Unity Version
    I had this problem in this versions: 2019.1.3.f1, 2019.1.4.f1, 2019.2.0b3
    However, in the 1st and 2nd I was able to fix it accordind to the instruction published on this forum (completely removing IAP by deleting 2 folders in Plugin and importing again from Services window). It works finally fine (not always in the 1st run but finally after some rounds it was fixed). But for 2019.2 beta - no way. I deleted dll's all folders, reimported/imported, etc.... no success.
    • Unity IAP version
    the newest: 1.22.0
    • Platform you are building for
    Android
    IL2CPP
    .NET 4
    ARMv7, ARM64, x86
    • Store you are targeting
    Google Play

EDIT:
    What I just noticed is different between 2019.1 and 2019.2 is the follwoing error when I tried to recreate IAP plugins:

Reload Assembly called from managed code directly. This will cause a crash. You should never refresh assets in synchronous mode or enter playmode synchronously from script code.
    UnityEditor.EditorApplication:Internal_CallUpdateFunctions()

I can see it blocks the full import process, so in result I have only Unity Purchasing folder recreated with Editor subfolder within and 3 packages (UDP, UnityChannel, UnityIAP)

EDIT2:
    Change to MONO from IL2CPP didnt helped :-(

Last edited: May 26, 2019
  2. spacepluk

spacepluk

I'm also seeing the reload assembly error even when trying to import IAP in an empty project with 2019.1.4f1

Reload Assembly called from managed code directly. This will cause a crash. You should never refresh assets in synchronous mode or enter playmode synchronously from script code.
    UnityEditor.EditorApplication:Internal_CallUpdateFunctions()

3. spacepluk

spacepluk

Importing the three packages manually seemed to help in my case. In the middle I got the errors in your first screenshot.

4. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

One note, there is a known issue that Unity 2019 doesn't properly trigger the required API update. Ensure that you install Unity into a path with no spaces, like C:\Unity. We are working on this.

spacepluk likes this.
  5. spacepluk

spacepluk

Thanks! Unity Hub puts stuff under "C:\Program Files". Do you think I should reinstall just in case? or is it fine now that I managed to get over the installation?

6. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

No, you need to (re)install to a path with no spaces. I believe the gear icon in the Hub allows you to set the location.

spacepluk likes this.
  7. Annopolus

Annopolus

I have all Unity's editors installed in d:\Unity\. and problem exist.
    Maybe the problem is with spaces AND special characters, as HUB installs editors in folder with dots, ie: d:\Unity\2019.1.4f1?

8. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

Not sure but would be easy enough to test. I'm currently installing to a folder like "D:\Unity201914f1" and will let you know soon, I'm testing now.

9. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

10. sravanthiN

sravanthiN

I am getting same error, after importing AR camera and I have downloaded unity2019.1.9f1pesonal, my laptop is brand new it has enough space for the software, please help me to fix it I am the beginner for unity and vuforia

11. bws99

bws99

Dude, i have same situation with urs. Did u find any solution? im trying to solve this for 3 days. gonna be crazy..

12. DarkDungeonStudio

DarkDungeonStudio

Same issue here.
    Using 2019.1.10f1

entropicjoey1 likes this.
  13. Faic

Faic

Same issue 2019.3.0a8

Can't continue working on my project. Anyone has a solution?

14. Conferno

Conferno

same issue here 2019.2

15. entropicjoey1

entropicjoey1

same issue 2019.1.10f1 =[ also because of that error, the install prompt never appears, except after ive disabled or reenabled iap through services, and when i do get it to show by toggling it, even when its enabled it says its not enabled so i cant install it that way, ive tried copying the two folders from a workign project i used to work on, doesnt work, ive tried everything suggested in pretty much every forum related to this topic and no luck, been at it for a week searching everywhere i can, no luck ive tried older versions of iap and same issues

i solved my issue, by upgrading to unity 2019.2.0f1, using iap version 1.20 and importing it and also importing manually the unity iap from the plugins folder, then enabling the iap from package manager also temporarily commented alll code pertaining to iap before starting the process, oddly in that order works fine for me headache is gone

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 9, 2019
    Ultrapp and nicholasr like this.
  16. pistoleta

pistoleta

Having the same problem on MacOS, installed by Unity hub. The weirdest thing is it happens on my coworkers laptop also using MacOS but not on mine and we are using Unity Collab.
    Both using Unity 2019.2.19f1.
    Any hint?
    PS: the error doesn't seem to affect his build, he still gets Build successful.

17. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

Please provide the error that you are receiving and steps to reproduce. Are you installing IAP?

18. Martin_Gonzalez

Martin_Gonzalez

Unity 2018.4.4f1
    Net 4.x
    Standard 2.0
    MacOS

Steps
    -New project
    -Link a project in services
    -Enable IAP
    -Import

You must see

If I download the IAP from AssetStore works fine the startup, but I have that problem when deleting Library folder the errors
    1. error CS0103: The name 'StandardPurchasingModule' does not exist in the current context
    2. error CS0246: The type or namespace name 'IAppleExtensions' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)

19. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

You may need to install the .unitypackages separately and manually if they are still present in the Assets/Plugins/UnityPurchasing folder by double clicking on them. This should trigger the install process. You have IAP in other projects, is this the first time with this version of Unity?

20. Martin_Gonzalez

Martin_Gonzalez

I've downloaded the unitypackage form the Asset Store and the installation was fine. But my problem when deleting Library and having those errors are blocking me.

We have others projects that in same way we managed to fixed it, but this time it's impossible. I even copy and pasted the folder from other project and still fails

21. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

Sorry, I meant there are two .unitypackage files left that you need to double click on. I'm not referring to the Asset package. The installer fails part way through your installation, and those two files are left behind. All you need to do is execute each one of them, and the installer will complete.

22. Martin_Gonzalez

Martin_Gonzalez

I have executed them, when finishing compilation everything is great.
    Deleting the library and opening again the project WITHOUT using any IAP code this errors are present

Code (CSharp):
    1. Assets/Plugins/UnityPurchasing/script/IAPDemo.cs(35,13): error CS0246: The type or namespace name 'IAppleExtensions' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
    2. Assets/Plugins/UnityPurchasing/script/CodelessIAPStoreListener.cs(21,19): error CS0246: The type or namespace name 'ProductCatalog' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
    3. Assets/Plugins/UnityPurchasing/script/IAPConfigurationHelper.cs(12,91): error CS0246: The type or namespace name 'ProductCatalog' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
    4. Assets/Plugins/UnityPurchasing/script/IAPDemo.cs(36,13): error CS0246: The type or namespace name 'IMoolahExtension' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
    5. Assets/Plugins/UnityPurchasing/script/IAPDemo.cs(37,13): error CS0246: The type or namespace name 'ISamsungAppsExtensions' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
    6. Assets/Plugins/UnityPurchasing/script/IAPDemo.cs(38,13): error CS0246: The type or namespace name 'IMicrosoftExtensions' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
    7. Assets/Plugins/UnityPurchasing/script/IAPDemo.cs(39,13): error CS0246: The type or namespace name 'ITransactionHistoryExtensions' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
    8. Assets/Plugins/UnityPurchasing/script/IAPDemo.cs(40,13): error CS0246: The type or namespace name 'IGooglePlayStoreExtensions' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
    I'm really blocked with this issue.

23. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

You can certainly remove IAPDemo.cs and the demo files from the project. But I doubt that will fully resolve your issue. We will look into the Library folder issue, we had fixed it at one point, I will confirm. If it is a regression, we will try to get it into a future release.

24. Martin_Gonzalez

Martin_Gonzalez

Well, after headaches I was having a *.bin in my gitignore and Unity inject one inside the project. :/

25. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

Can you be more specific and provide steps to reproduce?

26. Martin_Gonzalez

Martin_Gonzalez

Like I told you before in the other thread, my project was failing in my CI environment. This was because we created a .gitignore file from www.gitignore.io where you can select different technologies/programs/tools to ignore the default files/folders that the version control system (in my case gitlab) must not have.

I guess that one of them was ignoring the pattern Bin/ so the Unity folder Bin inside Plugins/UnityIAP was not being committed.

The purpose of failing locally too was because I was doing a `git clean -fdx` and that deletes everything that is not in te origin repo.