Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Unity Editor Locks Object Movement

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by chratcliff, Feb 2, 2019.

1. chratcliff

chratcliff

While in the editor, sometimes a small lock icon appears next to the mouse (something like a lock, can't tell). Just now, I was moving objects fine, I pressed W to begin moving it again and I caught the appearance of this lock. Now i cannot scale, rotate, or do anything to objects in the scene view. IF this is a feature, it's a very poorly implemented one as there's no obvious way to unlock movement and it should not happen out of nowhere if it IS a feature.

I've had this problem a few times, and since it's not evident how to get out of it, I'll have to restart. I know it's going to happen to me again and again, and I've tried to give this a descriptive title so that others who search for a fix to this problem might see this thread. I have had no luck trying to find help with this.

2. chratcliff

chratcliff

Confirmed the locks at the top of the hierarchy, inspector, and near the compass all do nothing to resolve this. It's also not resolvable by clicking any of the menus, like edit. Nothing about locking is selected. I'm in the beta but this also happened in the previous version.

I cannot edit my post due to it thinking this is spam for some reason.