Search Unity

"Unity Editor has stopped working"

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by mightyvuki, Jul 5, 2019.

1. mightyvuki

mightyvuki

Every time I open Unity Hub and want to create or open any project, Unity starts running but after few second, when it's just about to open, I got this popup saying "Unity Editor has stopped working". I don't know what to do.

I had Unity earlier before, but I had some other issues then I reinstalled it. And from then, that's what happens every time I want to open...

If you know a solution, I would appreciate it so much. Thanks! Untitled.png

2. Check the editor log file. It probably contains information about the problem.

3. SparrowGS

SparrowGS

Try to remove all files related to the editor (excluding existing projects ofc) and reinstalling, what version are you trying to open?, is this with all versions?..

4. mightyvuki

mightyvuki

I've just download a bit older verison and it works perfectly fine. Still don't know why this version doesn't work, but doesn't really matters. Thank you anyway!

5. mightyvuki

mightyvuki

Yeah, I did it already, but still that version doesn't work for me. I've downloaded a bit older version and it works perfectly fine. Thanks you anyway!

6. It does because you are just leaving a potential bug behind what you have found and you don't give the chance to Unity to fix it. Do you think it just will go away by its own? There is a chance of course, but if no one else find this bug next time when you try to upgrade you will find the exact same bug and then you will ask why is it not fixed? Well, because you failed to report, and you didn't investigate it.

mightyvuki and SparrowGS like this.
  7. mightyvuki

mightyvuki

You are fully right! Appreciate your care. I've sent mail to Unity and they told me to update graphics card drivers and update windows. And actually when I had updated graphics drivers I tried to run but it kept crashing... After that, I've downloaded older version and it worked fine. Also, I still had a problem cos whom I had reinstalled unity, and told them about it and they told me to download this https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...ry-insecure-library-loading-could-allow-remot and that problem was fixed. I'll try tomorrow to launch newset version because maybe this problem was also fixed by that.

8. elsaninmecnunu

elsaninmecnunu

I have been facing for last two days.

I am using Unity on Linux Lite, a debian based GNU/Linux distro.

I followed the necessary steps to reinstall Unity via repo.

Even with the newest version, problem is still there. I removed and reinstalled the app, result is same.

I removed the sample project, created new one with in a new folder.

I checked the logs, there wasn't any error log.

I reported the bug, hoping to find a solution.

upload_2022-2-1_12-56-55.png

Joyojoy likes this.