Search Unity

Bug Unity Editor Download Stuck at 99%

Discussion in 'Unity Hub' started by JonLandmark, Apr 10, 2023.

1. JonLandmark

JonLandmark

Hi, I've factory reset my MacBook Pro M1 and upgraded it to Ventura. The first thing I have tried to do is install Unity via the Unity Hub but every time my download gets stuck at 99% and I have to cancel it.

I've tried many things to solve it...
    1. Waiting hours
    2. Trying different versions of the Hub and different versions of Unity
    3. Factory Reseting my Mac a second time
    4. Manually giving the install folder "Applications/Unity/Hub/Editor" write permissions
    5. Setting a different install location under my users folder
    6. Giving the Hub full disk access in System Settings > Privacy & Security
    But none of the above seem to solve the issue. If I check the download location I am seeing the full install file so I believe it is downloading successfully every time. I'm also not seeing anything in the Hub log that would make me think something has gone wrong.

Has anyone come across this or have any new ideas I can try?

Screenshot 2023-04-10 at 13.10.29.png

GhostlyMidnight likes this.
  2. BetterLife_R

BetterLife_R

I've had the same exact issue for the past 3 weeks. Tried contacting unity support but I haven't heard anything back from them. Unity really needs to get their S*** together. Have you had any luck fixing the issue?

Shodan0101 likes this.
  3. JonLandmark

JonLandmark

I've yet to find a fix, I had to install Unity manually which is not great for handling the modules. The only thought is I'm using a 4g wifi router and maybe that is part of the issue. But I've yet to be able to try someone else's wifi to rule that out.

Edit: I finally tried this on someone else's wifi and it downloaded fine. So my best guess is that it doesn't like my 4g router (I'm based in the UK and it is a Three 4g router if that helps anyone).

Last edited: Jul 10, 2023
  4. Plebbins

Plebbins

I'm having exactly the same issue under exactly the same circumstances, so thank you for following up with the additional info! I had suspected the 4g hotspot to be the cause.

5. smallg2023

smallg2023

interesting, was getting the same issue on 4g too, reset my router and it works fine after

6. gazeranco

gazeranco

Thanks for the info, also on a three 5g router, I enabled a VPN and it now works.