Search Unity

Unity Editor doesn't seem to honor plugin inspector settings

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by j-borden, May 2, 2015.

1. j-borden

j-borden

I have DLLs that bind to specific preinstalled native DLLs on each platform, and as such Linux, OS X, and Windows all need different managed DLLs. So I made one for each, and then I selected Standalone with only Windows boxes checked for the Windows one, and Standalone with only OS X boxes checks for OS X. However, I can't make a standalone build on Windows because it gives me an error about classes being defined multiple times. Digging deeper, it is including *both* of the standalone versions of the DLL, instead of just the Windows one. I'm on the latest Windows version. Has anyone else experienced this or found a workaround?

2. superpig

superpig

Drink more water! Unity Technologies

Did you bring the DLLs into your project via a .unitypackage file? There's a known issue at the moment where Plugin Importer settings for OS X native plugins don't get stored into package files (678039). It's been fixed internally and will land in a Unity 5.0 patch release in the next couple of weeks.

3. j-borden

j-borden

This is not via unitypackage. I am putting the DLL files directly into the project.