Search Unity

1. Welcome to the Unity Forums! Please take the time to read our Code of Conduct here to familiarize yourself with the rules and how to post constructively.

2. Unity 2022.1 is now available as the latest Tech release.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Improve your project's performance with our new guide on profiling in Unity.
    Dismiss Notice

Unity Editor doesn't seem to honor plugin inspector settings

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by j-borden, May 2, 2015.

1. j-borden

j-borden

I have DLLs that bind to specific preinstalled native DLLs on each platform, and as such Linux, OS X, and Windows all need different managed DLLs. So I made one for each, and then I selected Standalone with only Windows boxes checked for the Windows one, and Standalone with only OS X boxes checks for OS X. However, I can't make a standalone build on Windows because it gives me an error about classes being defined multiple times. Digging deeper, it is including *both* of the standalone versions of the DLL, instead of just the Windows one. I'm on the latest Windows version. Has anyone else experienced this or found a workaround?

2. superpig

superpig

Drink more water! Unity Technologies

Did you bring the DLLs into your project via a .unitypackage file? There's a known issue at the moment where Plugin Importer settings for OS X native plugins don't get stored into package files (678039). It's been fixed internally and will land in a Unity 5.0 patch release in the next couple of weeks.

3. j-borden

j-borden

This is not via unitypackage. I am putting the DLL files directly into the project.

unityunity