Search Unity

1. Unity 2019.2 is now released.
    Dismiss Notice

Unity Editor doesnt load properly (blank)

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by mosaicDev, Jul 17, 2019.

1. mosaicDev

mosaicDev

Hello,
    I just made a project using the Unity Hub and saved it onto a USB-Stick, on which I have also my Unity Editor 2019.2.0b2 installed. I could work as usual, but Visual Studio decided not to show me the API, so I tried to restart Unity. Unity Hub worked fine, but the Editor took forever to load and now looks like this:

UnityProblem.png

I can still access the files when I click the right place. They are just invisible.

I have already tried rebooting and starting different projects. Nothing I tried so far changed anything.

Thank you

Last edited: Jul 17, 2019
  2. Joe-Censored

Joe-Censored

Are you having this problem with released versions of Unity, or just on the pre-release beta versions?

It is unusual to install Unity directly onto a USB stick by the way, so I doubt that is something Unity tests.

3. mosaicDev

mosaicDev

I've just tested the Version 2019.2.0b2 so far. If it is possible, I would like to keep Unity on the USB stick, because I dont have a lot of memory on this computer.
    Do you think trying another version could fix that?

4. Joe-Censored

Joe-Censored

Do you not understand what "beta" means?

I would clear space on your HDD, install a released version of Unity on it, and see if the problem is resolved. If it works fine then I'd try installing that same version of Unity on your USB stick. If it works on your HDD but not the USB stick then it is an issue installing on your USB stick. If it works on both, then it was one of the likely many unresolved issues in the beta you're using. If it doesn't work, then there's likely some issue with your computer itself. Simple troubleshooting process.

The latest version of Unity is 2019.1.10, which just released 6 days ago.

5. mosaicDev

mosaicDev

I very well do understand what "beta" means.

I will try what you suggested, but I actually wanted to keep the Beta-Version because of its features. That is why I started this thread.