Search Unity

Question Unity Editor doesnt launch (Logs in Thread)

Discussion in 'Unity Hub' started by unity_UD0pZx_qONdGCw, Mar 8, 2023.

1. unity_UD0pZx_qONdGCw

unity_UD0pZx_qONdGCw

So i open Unity Hub no problems, then i try to open my Unity Editor from Unity Hub and it loads all the scripts and stuff. Then the square loading screen box disappears and after that nothing happens, not even an error message. I looked at the logs and may have figured something but i want you to also look at the logs, because i am not quite sure what is the problem, thanks!

Attached Files:

2. mgear

mgear

does it get stuck on other projects too?

if yes, try reactivating license (that makes similar issue where its stuck on that splash screen or no window)

3. unity_UD0pZx_qONdGCw

unity_UD0pZx_qONdGCw

I mean i have two Unity Editors, 2017 and 2023 and i can open the same project with 2023 but i cant with 2017 even though the project is made with 2017. With 2023 theres of course a LOT of errors so i want to use the native version for the project. And lastly how do i reactivate the license and what even is it lol.

4. mgear

mgear

hub Preferences button
    upload_2023-3-8_16-9-46.png

then Licenses, and check that there is some license there (the free one is fine too).

5. unity_UD0pZx_qONdGCw

unity_UD0pZx_qONdGCw

There is a license there, what do i do to it? Refresh? Return? Add?

6. mgear

mgear

try add, then pick free, if it offers that somewhere there.

Actually can try also running the unity 2017. editor alone (without starting project)
    it should then ask for license, if its missing.

7. unity_UD0pZx_qONdGCw

unity_UD0pZx_qONdGCw

Still not working tried adding license but it didnt add and also tried running the exe itself, asked to log in but after i couldnt even open the editor so its the editors problem not the projects