Search Unity

Unity Editor Customization Course - What would you like to learn?

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by col000r, Mar 31, 2017.

1. col000r

col000r

If I have learnt one thing in the 10 years I've been working with Unity full time, it's this:

Adapting your tools to your needs is one of the fundamental preconditions of success!

I'm working on a course about Unity Editor Customization where I show how to customize every part of the Unity Editor and develop an entire array of useful tools that make it very easy for you to create custom tools that speed up whatever project you're working on.

To make this course as useful as possible to as many people as possible, please help me understand your needs by filling out this short form!

Thanks everyone!

2. col000r

col000r

Who's interested in speeding up their workflow through Editor customization and custom tools? Speak up!

3. pixelChisel

pixelChisel

Done! This is a super-interesting subject! Where would you release your course?

4. col000r

col000r

It is indeed! :)

My plan is to release it on Udemy. I'm aiming to cover all the ways in which it is possible to customize the Editor and build some useful tools on the way. I have about 75% of the research/writing/development done and am looking to round it off with some suggestions or example ideas before I go into full-on recording mode!

5. pixelChisel

pixelChisel

That sounds great! What would you say is the prerequisite knowledge (C# ?) to understand your course?

6. col000r

col000r

I think basic C# skills should be enough to get something out of it! You can do a lot with very little, but if you want to build complex tools, some advanced skills won't hurt. But we grow with our challenges, right? :)