Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Bug Unity Editor crashes after startup

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by JSBgamedev, Jul 24, 2021.

1. JSBgamedev

JSBgamedev

Hi, when I open my project in unity, the editor crashes soon after starting up. I can occasionally get to play mode, but when I exit, it crashes. I tried upgrading from unity 2019.4.27f1 to 2019.4.28f1 but it only made it happen more often. I would really appreciate some help because it makes the development process impossible.

2. altepTest

altepTest

it crashes with the default unity project or you have added stuff to the project?

3. JSBgamedev

JSBgamedev

I had been working on the project for a couple of hours beforehand. It seems to only crash on this project and any copies of it.

4. altepTest

altepTest

unity doesn't deal well with scripts that create an infinite loop especially if those are used to show information in the editor. Meaning the script is attached to a gameobject and has public variables that can be changed in the editor properties panel.

check your scripts and see if there is any logical error. if you have a "for loop" then it may be the place where the error is

5. JSBgamedev

JSBgamedev

there are no errors, and no for loops. There is only 1 script and I have used the same script in another project and I do not experience the crashes...

6. JSBgamedev

JSBgamedev

Update: Upgrading to unity 2020 seems to have fixed the problem for now