Search Unity

Bug Unity Editor crash when editor opens subwindow

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by huantianad, Aug 11, 2022.

1. huantianad

huantianad

Editor is crashing when attempting to open any subwindow from the editor, such as Build Settings, Preferences, or Package Manager. Sometimes the window will open and is intractable, but the main editor freezes and crashes soon after.

The stacktrace in the log file seems to suggest an error with KDE. In addition, when attempting to open the bug report window, there's a separate error:
    Attribute Qt::AA_EnableHighDpiScaling must be set before QCoreApplication is created.

System is running NixOS Unstable on KDE Plasma 5.24.4. Crash occurs on editor version 2021.3.6 and 2021.3.7, doesn't occur on 2020.3.25

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 11, 2022
  2. DevDunk

DevDunk

I suggest making a bug report on 2021.3.7

3. huantianad

huantianad

What's the best way to submit a bug report when the bug report window doesn't open?
    Edit: Nevermind got the bug reporter open

Last edited: Aug 13, 2022
    DevDunk likes this.
  4. huantianad

huantianad

I'm not sure if the bug report went through, I've tried it twice and I've not gotten a confirmation email nor found the issue on the tracker either.

5. DevDunk

DevDunk

Did you get the pop-up in the bug report tool that it was sent? Did you put in the right mail?

The issue tracker will only update if QA can reproduce it

6. huantianad

huantianad

The email address should be correct, but there wasn't a pop-up that it was sent after, the bug report window just closed immediately. I'll see if there's some error that occurred in the bug-reporter

EDIT: these are the errors:
    right as the bug reporter opens:
    Attribute Qt::AA_EnableHighDpiScaling must be set before QCoreApplication is created.

as the program crashes:
    QXcbIntegration: Cannot create platform offscreen surface, neither GLX nor EGL are enabled 
    Attempting to create QWindow-based QOffscreenSurface outside the gui thread. Expect failures.

Last edited: Aug 15, 2022
  7. DevDunk

DevDunk

Then it didn't send. If it does it will give a pop-up.
    Never seen these errors, but maybe uninstalled unity and unity hub and reinstall?
    Also delete the temp and library folders of the project and see of that doesn't help?
    Also make sure your GPU drivers are updates to the latest version.

If those are unsuccessful, maybe make a forum post about the crash issue.