Search Unity

Unity Editor Camera Speeds

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by ZBlade, Oct 10, 2012.

1. ZBlade

ZBlade

I have found that when you try to edit a large amount of land ( the scene ) The camera tends to move very slowly throughout the scene In my project ( Operation Delta ) I am trying to make a multiplayer map around 5000x5000 and the editor camera is moving ever so slow around the scene, And as for my wish, I would like to have a camera speed setting most likely placed in the "Edit" Section maybe under a new Heading called "Editor Settings" maybe, this would help developers a lot and I think it should be a addition to the next unity

2. antenna-tree

antenna-tree

Hold down shift while doing scene camera fly through (right mouse button and WASD) to speed things up. Also the speed increases the longer you do a fly through.

3. ZBlade

ZBlade

ok, thanks mate and what about Dx11 being compatible with unity? it seems when I downloaded it its not showing up as a graphics option in the unity editor?

4. antenna-tree

antenna-tree

DX11 is available in Unity 4... it can be turned on in the player settings.

5. RobG88

RobG88

I'm only following up on this because I feel all these questions were like mine, yet all the answers are F***ing stupid.

If you're having issues with FLYING around the editor, for whatever reason your camera is far too slow or maybe too fast, here's where you want to go:

Attached Files:

Jerry_Pei, wwg, niuage and 8 others like this.
  6. niuage

niuage

Thank youuuu. I'll have to agree with you there, I can't believe most of the answers I found online don't mention those obvious settings <3