Search Unity

1. We are looking for feedback on the experimental Unity Safe Mode which is aiming to help you resolve compilation errors faster during project startup.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Good news ✨ We have more Unite Now videos available for you to watch on-demand! Come check them out and ask our experts any questions!
    Dismiss Notice

Unity ECS and Job System in production

Discussion in 'Data Oriented Technology Stack' started by eizenhorn, Sep 26, 2018.

1. francois85

francois85

Well Im his listener and he need to make me happy and I want to hear how this game was made ;)

2. Shablo5

Shablo5

You mentioned you changed core of your game. How much of your 2018 write up on page 1 is now different or bad advice ?

3. jdtec

jdtec

I'm looking forward to the write-up. Can't believe the original post was in 2018. Time flies.

4. eizenhorn

eizenhorn

100% (if not count audio\models\textures but even they changed many times and improved in comparsion with beginning), through 2 last years of, from GDC 2018, our game development (and it was 2 years before our decision change our game to DOTS) it absolutely different game, because DOTS evolve, API evolve and change (and we always on latest version). And month ago, as I mentioned, we decided rewrite game core now it clean, much more performant, using better memory management :) About bad advice - concept still the same, split data effectively, use more atomic systems istead of big complex monsters (same for jobs), know your data, pack chunks with less fragmentation (of course there is caseses where chunk have 1-2 objects, all depends on situation) etc, just API and way of implementation different.

Last edited: Apr 22, 2020
  5. francois85

francois85

@eizenhorn Ive asked you earlier in your project if you jumped to SRP and you said no. Did you end your project on SRP, I ask because I thought I read somewhere you used shadergraph.

6. eizenhorn

eizenhorn

No. We're on built-in. I not use any node graphs, I prefer write shaders manually.

MNNoxMortem likes this.
  7. bugfinders

bugfinders

Having not written shaders I didn’t know how to instance them to make what I wanted.

hats off to you again

8. eizenhorn

eizenhorn

9. florianhanke

florianhanke

Beautiful! :D

10. MNNoxMortem

MNNoxMortem

unityunity