Search Unity

Unity duplication challenge

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by dave_m_moore, Dec 1, 2022.

1. dave_m_moore

dave_m_moore

Hi,
    Basically, I'm trying to find a means of duplicating the view of a single Unity instance on another computer across a local network, as a means of being able to monitor the Unity view. The remote view only needs to be approximate and doesn't need to have full frame rate or resolution.
    I can think of a number of ways of doing that:
    • Enable some form of Unity pairing, whereby one Unity instance passes core data across the network to another instance in order to recreate an identical scene, or
    • Use some kind of compressed streaming from the source Unity instance to another computer for display using a browser or similar.
    I would be interested in your views on what would be the best approach or whether Unity natively supports such functionality. I've already investigated 'Render Streaming' capability, but I can't use that because it needs a nVidia GPU-capable host.

Thanks for any pointers,

Dave

2. Antypodish

Antypodish

You can try remote desktop, like teamviewer.

3. CodeSmile

CodeSmile

or any VNC implementation or Windows‘ built-in Remote Desktop. Mac has something like this too. Try a few because not every tool handles game views (at all, well enough, fast, etc.).

Antypodish likes this.
  4. mgear

mgear

angrypenguin and Antypodish like this.
  5. lmbarns

lmbarns

Antypodish likes this.
  6. Antypodish

Antypodish

Also there is Chrome Remote Desktop as an option.