Search Unity

Unity Download Assistant Failing with "Internet Connection Lost" when downloading iOS components

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by jules_fpvr, Oct 23, 2017.

1. jules_fpvr

jules_fpvr

I am trying to update my installations of Unity 5.6 and Unity 2017.1 to the latest patches. I have downloaded the relevant Download Assistants and made serial attempts to install them. Everything goes fine until I hit the "Downloading iOS Build Support" phase. At which point it pops up "Internet connection lost. Please re-connect and click Retry.". Hitting Retry just causes it to redisplay message after a short pause.

When I hit cancel it says:

http://download.unity3d.com/downloa...UnitySetup-iOS-Support-for-Editor-5.6.4p1.exe. The error message is: Transfer Error.

If I try to download this file directly, I get Failed - Network Error from Chrome.

The machine is definitely connected to the internet and I've had no trouble downloading other things from the Unity site.

Error comes up with both versions at the same point.

Anyone seeing anything similar today?

2. cbarnes_bnea

cbarnes_bnea

I'm having the same problem trying to get 5.6.4p1 for macOS; download fails repeatedly.

3. aheidorn

aheidorn

I'm also running into the same issue on macOS High Sierra - Unity 5.6.4p1 download assistant fails getting the Editor (first package).
    I tried downloading the editor and components separately with some success - only UnitySetup-iOS is failing consistently.

4. Portalarium

Portalarium

5. aheidorn

aheidorn

Just got UnitySetup-iOS-xxxx.pkg to download (and install) after trying all morning. I don't know if they fixed a file/server issue, or I just got lucky.

6. Vitebsk_BY_DV

Vitebsk_BY_DV

I just didn't have enough C disk space for some temporary files during installation. When released, everything was installed properly!! and immediately blame the developers

andrjre and (deleted member) like this.
  7. mgrieci

mgrieci

thank you so much for this bro!!

8. gamingwithdanialbusiness

gamingwithdanialbusiness

it works!