Search Unity

1. Are you interested in providing feedback directly to Unity teams? Sign up to become a member of Unity Pulse, our new product feedback and research community.
    Dismiss Notice

Unity DOTS case study in production

Discussion in 'Data Oriented Technology Stack' started by eizenhorn, Sep 26, 2018.

1. eizenhorn

eizenhorn

Old one. Previously we tried UI toolkit, for a couple of milestones we developed UI on it but eventually dropped (it was in 2020) because at a time we tried that it was without support for important features for us (like custom shaders, more than one layer masking, rich text, SDF text etc.)

Haneferd and MNNoxMortem like this.
  2. MNNoxMortem

MNNoxMortem

Absolutely. Thank you @eizenhorn for everything you have shared with this community so far!

lclemens, apkdev, Antypodish and 2 others like this.
  3. Antypodish

Antypodish

Hi @eizenhorn, I got just a question regarding alpha Steam release date (less about the game release itself).
    As you estimated for 2021 release, what would happen, if you would like push release for 2022 for example?
    Can you change it without an issue?
    Or what is the latest date, you could push the release date, if ever need to?

4. eizenhorn

eizenhorn

Depends on our investors, they've decided to move EA release to autumn, as summer is a silent time in the industry. But we have more time for polishing the EA game version, fix bugs, add some smaller improvements. Full release already moved to 2022 (all depends on EA results and feedback).

Last edited: Jun 10, 2021
    longsl, phobos2077, GliderGuy and 3 others like this.
  5. eizenhorn

eizenhorn

Hello, my friends and enemies :D
    We moved the release to January 2022, because so many BIG games will be released at the end of this year :confused:

BUT there is good news - our game is approved to Steam Next Fest 1-7 October! :) As result - we'll release the demo on September 20, and If you were interested in our game - you'll finally touch it! (of course with limited functionality, the full version will be allowed only for press)

Until that, take a look at what we have now ;) As before - the game is still full DOTS based!
    WIP

Town growth

See you in the demo!
    upload_2021-9-16_20-23-56.png

6. eizenhorn

eizenhorn

7. davenirline

davenirline

I played the tutorial. The game feel is great. Really smooth.

eizenhorn likes this.
  8. eizenhorn

eizenhorn

Cool thanks! Any crashes?

EDIT: Diagnostics successfully gather your crash dumps, no need to send me in PM, thanks to everyone who did that, really appreciate it!

Last edited: Sep 20, 2021
  9. davenirline

davenirline

Didn't crash on mine but I haven't played the actual demo yet. Just gone through the tutorial mode.

eizenhorn likes this.
  10. julian-moschuering

julian-moschuering

Played it on Linux for 2h until I lost :-/ no crashes! Great work!

eizenhorn likes this.
  11. lclemens

lclemens

It's been on my wishlist for an eternity. Oooooolala I didn't know there was a demo --- Installing it now!!!

eizenhorn likes this.
  12. davenirline

davenirline

Hey eizenhorn. May I ask what you used for rendering and animation? I'm quite sure you rolled up your own instead of using the vanilla, but I'm curious what animation handling are you using?

13. eizenhorn

eizenhorn

My own :D On page 4

mariandev and davenirline like this.
unityunity