Search Unity

Resolved Unity DOTS Animation and DOTS physics problem

Discussion in 'Physics for ECS' started by DevViktoria, Oct 26, 2021.

1. DevViktoria

DevViktoria

Here is a video of the problem:

In this project I am using the DOTS Animation package to animate the black thing on the bumper.
    I also use the DOTS physics engine for doing the physics calculations.
    If I animating with the enabled Physics body the black thing moves close to the origin. If I animate with disabled Physics body then the black thing is animated at it's original position.

The black thing has an AnimationStateData which I am using to track the state of the animation.
    The animation happens in two steps.
    First I have TriggerAnimationSystem. This system modifies the AnimationStateData to indicate that the mocing animation should be played.
    Then I have a AnimationClipPlaySystem which changes the animation to the moving animation if the AnimationStateData indicates thet the moving animation should be playing.
    The TriggerAnimationSystem is annotated with [UpdateInGroup(typeof(FixedStepSimulationSystemGroup))][UpdateAfter(typeof(EndFramePhysicsSystem))].
    The AnimationClipPlaySystem is annotated with [UpdateBefore(typeof(DefaultAnimationSystemGroup))].

I tried to change the AnimationClipPlaySystem to be annotated with [UpdateInGroup(typeof(FixedStepSimulationSystemGroup))][UpdateAfter(typeof(TriggerAnimationSystem))]. But this did not solved my problem.

If you need any more information please let me know.
    Thank you for any ideas in advance.

2. DevViktoria

DevViktoria

Hi,

I found a solution: if I change the Physics body to be static it works, the way I wanted :)