Search Unity

Bug Unity doesnt save not to remove INTERNET from manifest

Discussion in 'VR' started by byBrickDaniel, Aug 11, 2023.

1. byBrickDaniel

byBrickDaniel

Hi I have:
    Unity 2022.3.6
    OpenXr 1.8.2

I have enabled the open xr and all that stuff. BUT, my app needs the INTERNET permisson to be set in the manifest and I found out that you need to uncheck a stupid checkmark in
    upload_2023-8-11_11-20-14.png

However, when I build the app, Unity removes the INTERNET permission anyway!
    And when I try and restart unity, the checkmark becomes checked again!

Also, even if I uncheck that and the builds, almost every time, unity removes the INTERNET permission anyway!

I tried with using custom manifest but unity still removes the permission!

Its like this isnt saved correctly or what is happening?

I also tried to create a brand new project (the screenshot is from that and the warning is removed later) and just added the openXr, and network code, but unity still checks that field everytime I start unity and it removes the INTERNET permission when I build.

2. byBrickDaniel

byBrickDaniel

Ok, after some testing and checking the settings file. Unity does the check mark as false when I close the project. BUT, when unity opens again, the check is set to true but the settings file still says false. So as soon as I hit save, the setting is rewritten and the check is again set to true.

So the issue here seem to be that unity does not load that check mark from the settings file and instead just sets is as true.

3. aquadragon3d

aquadragon3d

Unity Technologies

Hi, thanks for bringing this up. We've confirmed that this is an issue and we will aim to fix this in the next release.

DevDunk likes this.
  4. GamerTobbe

GamerTobbe

Can we have this "bool" disabled as standard? Im not able to turn it off with Editor script since there's no code path to it.
    We currently have a Editor script setting up new projects from different packages and this "bool" cannot be touched with editor script. Thanks!

5. MadeFromPolygons

MadeFromPolygons

@aquadragon3d is this fixed yet? The internet permission is getting removed by unity builds for XR in latest LTS and its really irritating as it prevents apps from working. This has been mentioned by many users in the last 2 weeks, why is this still an issue? Please can somebody respond with what is going on regarding it?

6. vertexx

vertexx

It was said that this will be fixed in the next release, I imagine possibly a LTS version :) . Be patient.
    It's always best to wait for a LTS version of Unity for stability etc etc.. before "upgrading."

7. unity_E689A8827B3C59AC4AA1

unity_E689A8827B3C59AC4AA1

We are on the LTS, this issue is present in the last 7 LTS versions

8. MadeFromPolygons

MadeFromPolygons

This is the LTS I am on, this is the 7th release of the LTS for this version....

9. zezba9000

zezba9000

You guys need to fix this by allowing us to disable auto permissions and specify them manually like we used to in older Unity 3.5 versions if I remember correctly.

10. GamerTobbe

GamerTobbe

it resets to block network everytime you restart project. Really annoying

11. semateos

semateos

This is still broken in the latest LTS 2022.3.11 and Open XR Plugin 1.8.2

12. semateos

semateos

13. semateos

semateos

Sorry, misread the join date as the post date. But still. We are several LTS releases beyond 3.6 - strangely I did not have this issue in 3.9, but it started in 3.10 - it seems the checkbox is ignored in 3.9. In 3.9 I had it checked because I didn't know about it's existence and android manifest was including the internet permission. But in 3.10 it started to produce android manifest differently. I started getting a conflict around my supportedDevices line in my custom manifest file. So something changed about manifest generation. Is possible it has something to do with the Oculus XR Plugin? It went from 4.0.0 to 4.1.1.