Search Unity

Unity doesn't open with log message "No valid Unity Editor license found"

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by unity_KpKt-g_CWTy6nA, Apr 15, 2021.

1. unity_KpKt-g_CWTy6nA

unity_KpKt-g_CWTy6nA

Unity doesn't open when launched from Unity Hub on my Mac - instead Unity hub reopens after about 3 seconds and the Unity icon at the bottom bar closes.

When looking at the Editor logs I see this:
    I had my Unity running with a manually activated license successfully for quite a while.
    When looking at the license windows in Unity hub, I can see that it is there with no change and is not expired

I also took a look at the Unity License Client log, And I can see it did found my license, but had an exception while parsing it:

Last edited: Apr 15, 2021
  2. Magnesium

Magnesium

This might a dumb but it got me as well as my designer confused, are you sure you are connected to your account by clicking the user button on the top-right of the hub before going back and managing your license?

3. unity_KpKt-g_CWTy6nA

unity_KpKt-g_CWTy6nA

I am not logged in, I have an offline manual activation license that was working for me for quite some time now without me logged in

4. NachoooXD

NachoooXD

I just had this problem and I restarted Unity about 2 times and it worked. It's just a problem with the Internet Connection.

5. Celsyum

Celsyum

for me nothing helped , tried everything i could. Luckily got solution from support, this is what i had to do :

```
    1. Delete the license file

(Delete this file:

* Windows: C:/ProgramData/Unity
    * Mac: Library/Application Support/Unity)

2. Close and reopen the Hub
    3. Reactive license using the Activate with license request option
    4. Select Create license request, and open the .alf file that is created
    5. Scroll to the <MachineBindings> section add the following directly after the > symbol: <Binding Key="4" Value="" />
    6. Save changes
    7. Reactivate using the manual activation process
    ```

6. rukukuku

rukukuku

Thank you, it also worked for me

7. evai

evai

Thanks, I had the same problem, uninstalled and reinstalled Unity 3 times... This finally solved my problem !

8. lemketron

lemketron

I keep running into this as well -- I think it might be a firewall issue in that Unity Hub can talk to the license server but the Unity instance is for some reason unable to (maybe I allowed Unity Hub to connect when asked, but didn't get asked about the Unity instance or the actual License Server). I suppose that turning off the Microsoft Defender firewall might let it work (and I'll try that the next time I run into this instead of going to create a new license activation yet again).

In any case I followed the above instructions to "Activate with License Request" and that worked for me but that was when I was away from home using my Wi-Fi. Then I got home and connected my display which also has a hardwired Ethernet interface and I suspect the license server decided my license was no longer valid so I had to repeat the entire process. I thought a node-locked license should still work as long as the (wireless in this case) interface is still present.

I cannot believe how frustrating this has been to resolve. Unity just shows a splash screen and then crashes with no additional information.

There are a few clues that the license is considered "invalid" in the Editor.log file which (on Windows) you should be able to find at: "%APPDATA%\..\Local\Unity\Editor\Editor.log". On Linux it's at "
    ~/.config/unity3d/Unity/Editor/Editor.log"

Last edited: Jul 12, 2022
    Orange_Fella likes this.
  9. Erebar

Erebar

10. Excentrico

Excentrico

Thank u so much

11. fragar65

fragar65

I wasn't able to resolve my issue. How am I suppose to pitch this product to my contract if I can't even use it.

pwahlman likes this.
  12. pwahlman

pwahlman

I was not able to resolve this issue on Mac.
    This was a new installation. No license dialogue appeared, just "No valid Unity Editor license found".
    I tried deleting ~/Library/Application Support/Unity to no avail.

13. fragar65

fragar65

I figured this out.
    1. I setup Oracle VirtualBox with windows 10 pro edition. There are free ova's and ISO's online.
    2. * I configured the environment with no firewall.
    3. I went to this link: https://unity.com/products/unity-personal.
    4. I installed the hub and then I was able to install the editor edition etc.

I think the issue I had on my laptop was due to the firewall and vpn security FW.

14. aadmaa

aadmaa

Here's what worked for me: Install Unity Hub. Then you can log in; and open Unity from the hub.

luizrodrigo17 likes this.
  15. jfonz001

jfonz001

So if you're like me you probably downloaded unity via the top and most obvious button on the top of this page:

Start Your Creative Projects and Download the Unity Hub | Unity

Apparently that's step two, you have scroll down and download step 1, the unity hub. Poor design on the website, but maybe this is supposed to be a good way to weed out people who have no business trying to code games :)

judeariza, Ruminating and rainagan like this.
  16. FNFGamerGorillatagYT

FNFGamerGorillatagYT

it didnt work for me i restarted like 5 times

17. kisaure

kisaure

Hello, I had the same error after install an extra Unity version from :
    https://unity.com/releases/editor/archive

I solve the error by updating Unity Hub to the last version (top right corner) then, reactivate licence, then open project.

18. ceodenwald

ceodenwald

I got this error when I had an older version of Unity Hub. Updating the Hub fixed the issue.