Search Unity

Unity doesn't open from Unity hub

Discussion in 'Unity Hub' started by QuantumCalzone, Mar 30, 2018.

1. fherbst

fherbst

Can confirm that this seems fixed in 2020.2.0a16 and still broken in 2019.4.1f1 as of today. I do hope this will find its way into 2019 LTS or people will fight with this for a looong time.

2. BasilUnity

BasilUnity

Unity Technologies

Thanks for confirming this on your end, @fherbst

Yes, you're absolutely correct: it's important that the fix makes it into the LTS version, as it's a possible blocker for a significant number of our users.

fherbst likes this.
  3. DavidRDev

DavidRDev

This issue was only present for me if I had my ethernet adapter disabled. I was only using Wi-Fi and instead of disconnecting ethernet cable I disabled adapter and introduced these issues.

If you have your ethernet adapter disabled enable it.

4. JosephRiches

JosephRiches

This fixed the issue for me! Thank you very much.

5. Ruzihm

Ruzihm

I have two ethernet adapters - one plugged in (Ethernet 2, enabled) and one not (Ethernet, disabled).

Enabling the unplugged Ethernet fixed this problem for me. Go figure!

No0B25, tealm, feisuzhu and 2 others like this.
  6. junior1kill

junior1kill

hello, I have a problem, if someone can help. when I try to open a project or create a new one.
    even using one of the options the program does not work.

Failed to load window layout
    this can happen if layout contains custom windows and there are compile erros in the project.

options

load default layout
    revert factory settings
    quit

Attached Files:

7. coward

coward

Even in October 2020 this has helped me get around this ridiculous loop. Thanks!

8. MurraySimon

MurraySimon

hi im having trouble with launching unity it says Failed to create project. Error code:ERROR.LAUNCH_EDITOR.LICENSE i have no idea what it needs me to do but if someone has any info on how to fix it that would be great thanks.

9. DrunkenMastah

DrunkenMastah

Dont use the Unity Hub. I've had wasted days just because of this. Instead click the download link next to the download from hub link
    upload_2020-10-13_10-59-28.png

https://unity3d.com/get-unity/download/archive

10. BlueDotDevelopmentStudios

BlueDotDevelopmentStudios

I have made a video on how to solve this problem with unity hub 2.3 and after

11. socialtrens

socialtrens

Correct answer:
    If Unity Hub can't open project that's mean the license has been expired, to fix this you need to update the license.

In Unity Hub. Go to Preferences --> License Management --> Check for updates

12. Leniaal

Leniaal

......... How is this a thing?

13. Leniaal

Leniaal

Thanks so much. Disabled some random VPN adapters yesterday, had to turn them back on for Unity Hub :confused:

TristanBondi likes this.
  14. feisuzhu

feisuzhu

Worked for me, thank you!

TristanBondi likes this.
  15. abitowhit

abitowhit

Hard to believe this is still an issue looking back at the thread dates.
    Interestingly, I found that if I opened a newer project 2020.x.x, let it open fully and then open the 2019.3.15f1 using the hub it would finally open.

16. xXxTheProxXx

xXxTheProxXx

I need help as I am trying to open World Map 2d Edition 2 in Safari on apple IOS, but it says:
    ‘Safari cannot open the page because the address is invalid.’ Please help me.

17. GabrielCarver

GabrielCarver

I'm on a chromebook.
    When I'm on Unity, I click the 'get started' and then 'start here'. It downloads something for me. Once it has downloaded, I click it and then it says 'No results found'.

Anything I'm doing wrong

18. Yasintatar

Yasintatar

I am still getting that issue and i have no idea what to do :(

19. AndreiKubyshkin

AndreiKubyshkin

Wasn't able to open any of installed Unity versions today ( 5.6, 2019.4, 2020.something). Windows 10, desktop. Couldn't start them neither from hub nor from .exe file.

What did not help:
    - Reinstalling Unity Hub
    - removing folders in AppData\Roaming
    - removing files in ProgramData\Unity
    - installing older versions of UnityHub
    - Reactivating licence in unity Hub

What did help: Someone mentioned it has something to do with ethernet adaptor. I opened device manager and the was exclamation mark icon on ethernet adapters. I removed the driver and unity opened again.

20. ivanriga2015

ivanriga2015

HelIo! I'm from Ukraine!
    I download Unity Hub and install 2020.3.1f1. Than I create new project but project can't be created!
    And if I want to create project I have error:

I push Diagnose button.This be in diagnose file:

Unity Package Manager Diagnostics (v0.1.8)
    ============
    Ran 7 checks
    ============
    6 succeeded
    1 did not run
    ============
    ✅ UPM registry reachable (PASS)
    Make an HTTP request to the UPM package registry
    >> HTTP/1.1 200 OK
    >> X-Powered-By: Express
    >> Provider: Genesis
    >> Date: Mon, 29 Mar 2021 06:14:24 GMT
    >> Connection: close

✅ Ping UPM registry (PASS)
    Measure the latency of the UPM package registry API
    >> 6 pings made in 5.384 seconds
    >> Average latency: 142.33 ms
    >> Minimum latency: 140.75 ms
    >> Maximum latency: 147.31 ms
    >> Standard deviation: 2.49

✅ Ping UPM download (PASS)
    Measure the latency of the UPM package download endpoint
    >> 5 pings made in 5.283 seconds
    >> Average latency: 36.76 ms
    >> Minimum latency: 35.74 ms
    >> Maximum latency: 39.77 ms
    >> Standard deviation: 1.70

✅ UPM registry download speed (PASS)
    Test the Internet connection using the UPM package registry
    >> Measured speed to the UPM registry: 13.14 Megabits per second

✅ Speedtest.net (PASS)
    Test the Internet connection using Speedtest.net
    >> Measured speed to the Speedtest.net server: 14.79 Megabits per second

✅ HTTP proxy environment variables (PASS)
    Detect whether proxy-related environment variables are set (HTTP_PROXY, HTTPS_PROXY, ALL_PROXY, NO_PROXY, UNITY_PROXYSERVER, UNITY_NOPROXY)
    >> No proxy support has been configured through environment variables.

❓ UPM health check (UNKNOWN)
    Start the UPM process and call its health endpoint
    >> Could not find UPM executable at path 'E:\*There Ukrainian words*\2020.3.0f1\Editor\Data\Resources\PackageManager\Server\UnityPackageManager.exe'

Somebody can help me?

21. sxa

sxa

That may be your problem; the filepath maybe isnt working properly because it contains 'nonstandard' characters.

What you could try is uninstalling Unity, then creating an english-language named folder for the installation (eg E:\UnityInstalls), and redirecting the Hub to install Unity into that (cog icon on the Hub brings up preferences, set 'Unity Editors Folder' )

22. HyungonKim

HyungonKim

Turn on wifi. It works for me.

I can use Unity 2020, 2019.4 but 2019.2. After turning on wifi, 2019.2 works.

Somehow, Unity Licensing system tries to use a wifi network rather than the wired network based on the version of Unity.

23. Zimmabue

Zimmabue

Hi, I have the same problem here. Yesterday it worked just fine, and today it doesn't open any projects.
    I cannot open unity from both hub and the exe. It close the splash screen after "resolving packages" and then nothing.
    I tried make a new project, same thing. I tried to update the hub, the licence, reinstall the hub, open the hub without connection, etc.. nothing

24. smithincqhs

smithincqhs

I solved my issue, although it sounds like there are several similar issues with different solutions on this thread. I discovered I had installed Unity on a different harddrive than the one i saved my projects on. Transferred my projects to the other drive and it worked just fine.

25. kamilukeko1337

kamilukeko1337

Hi, I think that I have similar problem. When am trying to open my unity project it just doesn't show up. Unity logs are not helping. I've recorded entire process. There are logs that you can see on video.

Code (CSharp):
    1. {"moduleName":"LocalProject","level":"info","message":"[ 'openProject projectPath: D:/GasStations, current editor:',\n  undefined ]","timestamp":"2021-07-14T15:30:55.554Z"}
    2. {"moduleName":"RestEvent:Project","level":"info","message":"[ 'onProjectOpen data:', { projectPath: 'D:/GasStations' } ]","timestamp":"2021-07-14T15:30:55.555Z"}
    3. {"moduleName":"LaunchProcess","level":"info","message":"[ 'child process exited with code 3221225622' ]","timestamp":"2021-07-14T15:30:58.893Z"}

26. gydala

gydala

This helped. Thanks

27. ina

ina

Can't create or open projects! After upgrading to 2020.3.26 LTS

28. Zairoangelo

Zairoangelo

Copy/Transfer Your "Unity Project" on your Drive C: (Main)

29. EastEnderEmpire

EastEnderEmpire

I can't open projects from the Unity Hub. When opening projects, the Unity Editor splash screen shows for a moment, after which the Unity Hub is put to the front, and then the Unity Editor splash screen closes without it having opened the Unity Editor.

I've tried many things, among which removing the C:/ProgramData/Unity folder, turning off the internet, trying a different version of Unity Editor, but nothing has worked. I just can't get Unity to work, which is very frustrating.

Edit: In addition, when I open the scene directly from the explorer I get other issues. For example, I can't find RigidBody component in Unity 2020.3.32f1, and I can't open materials in 2019.4.37f1. I'm litterally getting problems every avenue I take.

30. EastEnderEmpire

EastEnderEmpire

This was the fix for me:

provided in this thread:
    https://forum.unity.com/threads/my-unity-projects-wont-open.1258704/

Yvain-Leikir likes this.
  31. vuframe8

vuframe8

We experienced this when using a netdrive, which was not registered as a proper Netdrive for Windows. This can happen after it boots up. Links will work, the networkdrive will show up but opening the project from the hub will fail. Recreating the network drive fixes the issue.

32. gamer069

gamer069

I Have a Similar issue but when I open the project from unity hub on macOS it launches the unity app but the app doesn't show anything, does someone know how to fix this, if I try to open the project one more time it says "project is not valid"

33. dothienan2109

dothienan2109

Hi,I'm from Vietnam and I got a bug like you.So I open my Unity Hub(The Newest version)to edit my project.And when I open it up it not responding.Please tell me how to fix

34. dothienan2109

dothienan2109

The window look like this:

35. dothienan2109

dothienan2109

Untitled.png
    It's gone black for an hour

36. corriedotdev

corriedotdev

Going to echo that this issue STILL persists. I have removed anything related to Unity hub and editor installs and done a new. I do think its license change related as i went from buisness license to student license based on my circumstance and its been an issue ever since.

The hub loops the unity project and then vanishes. I have shared logs in the past with unity and i was told its a known issue..

Doesnt help me to kill the process in the task manager, reopen, put in license key again and repeat. Going to make a macro or something..

37. Oknaa

Oknaa

I had similar issue with Unity 2021.3.11f1 LTS, the latest LTS version at the time. Nothing happened when clicked the project in Unity Hub or directly using the editor executable.

Solved by refreshing the license in Unity Hub.

null_audio_ref likes this.
  38. gwdanar

gwdanar

Yeah had similar issue. Unity editor won't load. No splash or error screen tried everything. Finally had to return license and add new one. Fixed issue. Sometimes I wonder if it more of an issue with Windows than Unity. Tends to be an issue for me after Windows decides to do an update.

39. PandaArcade

PandaArcade

Ahhhhhhhhhhh Unity please... FFS (fury fury squid)

40. Nukeplan

Nukeplan

hi i dont know why whenever i try to open a project from 2019.15.2f1 it will display the opening thing for ten seconds but then unity hub refreshes and then it disapears.