Search Unity

Unity does not Start after 1 use

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by Totalschaden, Sep 16, 2019.

1. Totalschaden

Totalschaden

If I install a new Version of Unity, I can start it no Problem, everything works fine. If I restarted the Computer, it will not start again. If I install a new Version again then (one that was not installed before by hub) this new version will start just fine, but the one that was installed already does not. Its stuck on Loading Screen forever.

Taskmanager says "Atleast one Thread of "Unity" is waiting for Network-E/A to Finish.

Attached Files:

2. Totalschaden

Totalschaden

3. mgear

mgear

4. Totalschaden

Totalschaden

Hey, its looping the following error:

Failed to get socket connection from UnityShaderCompiler.exe shader compiler! C:/Program Files/Unity/Hub/Editor/2019.2.5f1/Editor/Data/Tools/UnityShaderCompiler.exe
    (Filename: C:\buildslave\unity\build\Tools/UnityShaderCompiler/ShaderCompilerClient.cpp Line: 319)

Failed to get socket connection from UnityShaderCompiler.exe shader compiler! C:/Program Files/Unity/Hub/Editor/2019.2.5f1/Editor/Data/Tools/UnityShaderCompiler.exe
    (Filename: C:\buildslave\unity\build\Tools/UnityShaderCompiler/ShaderCompilerClient.cpp Line: 319)

5. mgear

mgear

can you test running unity or hub as an administrator? (some older forum posts seems to mention that helps)

6. Totalschaden

Totalschaden

Started Hub and Editor as Admin, still same error.

7. mgear

mgear

8. Totalschaden

Totalschaden

Im running NordVPN too, I wonder why it works just fine for fresh installs though ? My friend is running NordVPN aswell and he does not have the problem.