Search Unity

Unity directional light adding blue tint?

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by jallen720, Mar 27, 2015.

1. jallen720

jallen720

I have a scene full of white blocks and a directional light. Since upgrading to Unity 5, everything has a blue tint and is too bright. I noticed when I disable the light for a second it gets dark blue and then just dark (without blue tint). Then, when I re-enable the light, it goes to the brightness it should be (without the blue tint) for a second before the blue tint pops up again. I'm assuming some other lighting feature is causing this but I'm not sure where to look for it to turn it off.

Koolaid_Man_Oh_Yeah and shekalo like this.
  2. goat

goat

The 'cure' for that is to add yellow and to scale back the intensity. The default seems to be set up for high noon at 5500 - 6500K.

3. jallen720

jallen720

For anyone who is having this problem, I discovered the "blue tint" was a reflection coming from the default sky-box. The settings that handle this are in Window > Lighting under the Scene tab.

4. goat

goat

I switch from the standard shaders to mobile diffuse, they are too reflective and too slow. Nice to know there are other approaches too.

5. weeeBox

weeeBox

You can also add reflection probes to fix that

6. MoeBull

MoeBull

Thanks for sharing your fix this helped me too!

7. Us3r

Us3r

Hey. I also had a blue tint problem. Got it fixed Window > Lighting > Scene check off Fog. Hope it helps.

Koolaid_Man_Oh_Yeah likes this.