Search Unity

Unity Developer Q&A Google+ Hangout #1

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Aurore, Sep 6, 2012.

1. Aurore

Aurore

Director of Real-Time Learning

Hi everyone,

I’m happy to announce that we would like to start regular Unity developer Google+ hangouts. This will give you a chance to ask developers a question LIVE!

The devs answering your questions will be:

Corey Johnson – Field Engineer
    Emil "AngryAnt" Johansen – Content Team Developer
    Shawn White – Editor Developer
    Will Goldstone – Content Manager
    Aurore Dimopoulos – Community Manager

You can post your questions in the comments during the live event. The link will appear on our Google+ page bit.ly/vGwLFY when the event starts and there will be a recording of the hangout on our YouTube channel at a later time. http://www.youtube.com/user/Unity3D/videos

We realise this is short notice but we are testing the systems and ironing out the kinks before we make this a regular thing. This also means that there is potential for technical difficulties so we ask you in advance to be patient if such a thing happens.

The first hangout will be today 06 September 2012 at 7pm BST, 2PM EDT check this link for your time zone.
    http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?msg=Unity+Developer+Q%26A+Google%2B+Hangout+&iso=20120906T19&p1=1352

As a reminder, we will only be taking questions during the live event from the comments, so don't post them here as they won't be answered.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 6, 2012
  2. Aurore

Aurore

3. Aurore

Aurore

4. Dantus

Dantus

Thank you very much! This was really awesome!

5. coronus42

coronus42

Not only does this serve as a nice way to interact with the developers, but now I know you have a YouTube channel! :)

6. sunshine

sunshine

What a joke. In my opinion a complete waste of time. The only one that was cohernet was Goldstone.

7. Dantus

Dantus

That comment is not fair. They try to improve the relationship between Unity and its user base and the only thing you are saying is it is a waste of time?!
    Keep in mind that it was the very first time they did the hangout, so I am pretty sure they would love to get productive comments and your one doesn't belong into this category.

8. xadhoom

xadhoom

I completely agree. Although there is room for improvement I really appreciate this step. The most angry/depressed user comments in the forums are often based on the fact that they feel left alone with a problem/bug/question with no (direct) response from Unity. The hangout is definitely one way to approach that problem. I´m looking forward to future hangouts!

xad

9. Anthony-Tobin

Anthony-Tobin

Great format, for me as a later viewer, to get an authentic feel for the casual face Unity would like to project to users. Getting, variously, the back-story, current state, and future plans context about features and hacks helps set my expectations as to what is possible, how i might approach problems, how hard to code against a difficulty, and when to turn to the community or technical support for help. Please do continue these and put out advanced notification, maybe even an email list.

10. EugeneOv

EugeneOv

Totally agree, and want to add that I watched hangout on youtube, and found some answers to which I don't have questions yet. So in mine opinion it's useful to have such live feedback.

Thanks.