Search Unity

Unity Developer Hub Discord

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Cosmas, Oct 19, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cosmas

Cosmas

I was part of the Unity Dev Hub Discord but it appears to have been taken down.
    Anyone know what's going on? Is it still active?

The link on the community docs page is also expired:
    https://unity3d.com/community/user-groups

JamesArndt likes this.
  2. arnoau

arnoau

Just noticed this myself, seems to have disappeared.

3. Cepheid

Cepheid

4. Alex_TNT

Alex_TNT

UDH was taken down by a power hungry Admin that had full permission deleting the entire server. The images only shows me trying to enforce the rules when the current staff members decided to have their way with the server and turning it in a kids play area instead of developer group.
    I never took advantage of the server, monetary wise in the entire 2.5 years, even payed from my own pocket for the fees ( bot, website, programming ).

I only asked a help posting my problem to the community when I was advise by same staff members to do so. Deleting the same post after a day because of the backlash.
    This whole discussion that was described on their site it was from 2 days ago. But they had planned this move a month before https://i.imgur.com/5vrY8VT.png . Even if I would not have enforced the rules they still wanted to make this move, just needed some excuse
    https://i.imgur.com/drRNkqg.png
    If I wouldn't have been the owner they would have monetize the entire discord server by now.

I wouldn't suggest joining the server they made but instead sticking with unity official forum and areas by unity communications , overwatched by unity officials.

Last edited: Oct 19, 2018
  5. Murgilod

Murgilod

Oh my god, you continue to be a petulant child about this. You literally liken yourself unto a god at one point in your "everyone who disagrees with me gets punished" crusade.

upload_2018-10-19_1-42-2.png

The best thing that has happened to the community has been your being excised from it, be it on a personal level or an administrative one.

Lurking-Ninja likes this.
  6. Alex_TNT

Alex_TNT

Open your mind take into consideration what I'm saying. You seem like you are brainwashed. Someone needed to enforce the rules and that's the owner that does it.
    The plan for deleting my server was months before I even had this fight with them.
    But hey majority over minority. Since they delete everything I don't have any logs

7. Murgilod

Murgilod

I'm gonna break the timeline of events down for you because I actually watched this S*** go down.
    • You start flexing on the server about three months before this "fight." You get mute heavy, you get ban happy, you ignore the advice of the people administrating the server almost practically 24 hours a day. They were keeping that server running, not you. I think you hated that.
    • This is about when people started getting afraid to talk at all. Before it reached the administration team, we were all talking about it in messages with each other. A lot of us didn't even say anything because we had no way of knowing if that message would make it back to you free of anonymity.
    • Finally, people start coming forward to the administration team. Thankfully, it becomes apparent that they're not gonna F*** us over if we have issues with your heavy handed style and constant undermining of the administration team. This is about when the idea of a new server is floated. I'm not calling them moderators because they were administrators through and through. They ran the server, not you.
    • I remember when, quite openly, you accused everyone of conspiring against you in the chat. You were acting like a crazed despot. Everyone who didn't fall in line with what you thought was right was muted or banned, no reason given. You still are acting like a crazed despot.
    • The "fight" starts, but it's not really a fight. It's people leveling serious criticisms at you because you are killing the server with your childish behaviour. People are afraid to talk at all. You come up with the moderators a lot. You thought everyone was against you and they were. Because you drove them against you.
    • This stuff starts spilling out into the forums where you act the fool in front of everyone, more people start going "who's this blowjob?" whenever you post because you come in swinging at invisible opponents until somebody so much as looks at you, at which point you attack.
    This is all on you, buddy. Your behaviour wasn't anything new at that point, it was well documented. You were making the server a worse place so people took the advice you so famously gave and left.

Invertex likes this.
  8. Lurking-Ninja

Lurking-Ninja

You're not making any sense anymore. Please, stop. For your own sake. Seriously. It does not make any good for you, apparently.

9. Alex_TNT

Alex_TNT

How do I not make any sense? Those who are in charge of "the new server" Purged mine and had plans to do so months ago.

10. Alex_TNT

Alex_TNT

Ok let me reply
    This is a 2.5 year community I moderated the server long ago many of you joined. "You get mute heavy, you get ban happy" I tried to keep the the place clean. Before this 2 days I haven't given a ban or kick without
    Ok let me reply
    1. This is a 2.5 year community I moderated the server long ago many of you joined. "You get mute heavy, you get ban happy" I tried to keep the the place clean. Before this 2 days I haven't given a ban or kick without motive.
    2. That doesn't make any sense I was always open to communication, till the past 2 days.
    3. People don't know the full truth. they only take one side without knowing details from the other side. I have my right to explain why it come to this.
    4. And look were we are now. Seems like I was right.
    5. People kept asking the same questions and over again. I replied as much as I could, but most understood what they only wanted to understand.
    6. I say this again. I have my right to say my part of the story. Not just having people accusing me

11. Murgilod

Murgilod

You told your part of the story in the logs that are freely available online well enough I think.

12. Lurking-Ninja

Lurking-Ninja

I don't know who deleted what, and frankly I don't care much. I haven't been there a single time. I just read the logs here above and apparently your 'enforce the rules' means 'shut up or I mute you peasant'. Which is a very bad move from someone who supposed to work for the community.
    You opened a place for the community and then started acting like a king who has the place. No, it's not yours, you didn't created it for yourself. You created it for the community and as the founder of such community you owe them. (Yes, you read it right, they don't owe you, you owe them, you lured them to that place)
    And you really should stop commenting on this, because you only can dig yourself deeper and deeper no matter what. But of course, you don't have to accept my advise if you don't feel like it, I'm just telling you.

13. Alex_TNT

Alex_TNT

The logs that they wanted to show. Good luck in the future with their server.

14. Alex_TNT

Alex_TNT

"I don't know who deleted what, and frankly I don't care much."
    How's that even a fair judgement? Starting a flame war on public chat, of course I would start muting people for it.

15. Murgilod

Murgilod

Do you read the things you post before you post them and not realise how paranoid and desperate you sound or is this a "fire and forget" situation?

16. Lurking-Ninja

Lurking-Ninja

Life isn't fair, kid.

17. Alex_TNT

Alex_TNT

It seems like it's a closed ended discussion without accepting other side of the story. And blaming only me for this mess.

I'll leave you with this behaviour that forced my hand to enforce the rules, that I managed to save before they deleted everything. It was in #general-chat

Everyone else reading this, thank you for the 2.5 years we've been a community. I tried to keep it together as much as I could. It was a good run. Have a good day/life. Bye bye

18. nhold

nhold

Didn't he create the server? His server, his rules. The only children here are the ones that deleted all the channels and the server in a tantrum, then created a competing discord and are now attempting to draft an apology to the community for deleting things (Including temporary demotions lmao).

Alex. I wouldn't bother with these people, they are hell bent on slinging you in a certain light (I mean, the created a website about it) even though there is very likely more here than what is being said. Great job on building what you did.

19. Murgilod

Murgilod

Ah yes, nothing quite fosters a development community like a pretend emperor sitting on his IRC throne with the actual rule of "If you disagree with me, get the F*** out."

20. nhold

nhold

I'm not argueing that. If you believe that is what was happening and you wanted something better then compete instead of trying to sabotage then filling the hole you created.

21. Alex_TNT

Alex_TNT

Thank you I really appreciate. Currently from my standpoint I have nothing to fight for. Just trying to comment about what I did and why I acted that way, with the little evidence I have, to show the new leadership.

22. Murgilod

Murgilod

I don't "believe that's what was happening" I know because I watched it happen. There was no reason to give him any leverage with his behaviour.

23. Lurking-Ninja

Lurking-Ninja

Okay, apparently you can't stop yourself, so life-lesson #2:

You may think this behavior is wrong. I don't know I wouldn't care.
    You said, you were enforcing rules. The problem is (from the logs I've found) you were only talking about it.
    You used your power to blackmail people, to show off your power. You were threatening people that you will delete the entire server yourself.
    Instead of just delete the wrong messages and remove the rouge moderator or whatever.
    You repeatedly said that 'behave like I say or you're out', 'don't judge me', 'don't argue with me'.

This isn't enforcing rules, this is just cheap talking, rolling on your power. You weren't open to discuss the problems as far as I understand.

But, and I will repeat this again, I wasn't there, so I don't really care what happened. I just tried to advise you to not discuss this in public further, because it will harm you more than anything else. You asked for it.

So basically, as a founder, as an owner, it was your responsibility to keep everything in order. You screwed it up and now you're trying to push this responsibility to everyone else.
    Oh, and the part where you told that "this make you look like a fool in the front of Unity people and game studios" was adorable.
    It is your responsibility to show yourself. You have shown very poor judgement, you haven't fought the right battles, you picked the wrong fights and now you continue this behavior in a more open forum to show everyone. Clever.

Don't victimize yourself, you had the power you had the steering wheel, and the ship has wrecked, captain.

24. Alex_TNT

Alex_TNT

"But, and I will repeat this again, I wasn't there, so I don't really care what happened." - If you don't care about what I have to say then what's the point of this discussion?

"You were threatening people that you will delete the entire server yourself." - Threatening to delete the server? you just throwing words out, prove me wrong, that I repeatedly said that in the arguments.

"Instead of just delete the wrong messages" - I did with some of then, warned them. Why do you think this backlash began from?

"'behave like I say or you're out', 'don't judge me', 'don't argue with me'." - after long discussions about the problem, didn't post that in the logs, did they?

"Don't victimize yourself" - what I have to gain from it? I'm trying to show both sides of the story

You are now commenting on what they lay out for you to comment on. Not the full story, since I see no one commenting about the behaviour of the admin that purged the server. but let's get the pitchforks on me, it's easier.

25. Murgilod

Murgilod

But of course, your version of the truth, the truth that runs against the experiences of the people that were actually in the server, that's the correct version, yes? Do you play a unifier? A saviour? The only good cop in a precinct of crooks? Some sort of superhero?

26. Alex_TNT

Alex_TNT

Isn't a bad example for you to comment when they offered you a role as a Helper/Moderator in the "new server"? or you aren't called "gabe"? and didn't Sirus added you on the my server as a helper?

27. Murgilod

Murgilod

Oh my god, you have no idea who I am, even!

That's adorable~!

28. Lurking-Ninja

Lurking-Ninja

You're ignoring the point of this discussion, there is no point, so after my answer, I'm out. I said what I wanted, you don't listen to anyone. Whatever. I tried.

Stop this. I didn't say 'repeatedly', once is more than enough. Threatening instead of steering is a sign of a weak leader.

This is why I was telling you that you're better off if you don't comment. You couldn't do it. You don't really understand how things work in real life: with these messages you're making those claims they have stronger. Most people will read your lines and will think that they were right.

Maybe they weren't, maybe they were, does not matter, what matters is the perception.

29. Alex_TNT

Alex_TNT

Why not disclose to the public who you are? commenting against me when you had a possition to gain from the "new server"

30. Murgilod

Murgilod

Dude, listen to yourself. You are literally accusing a total stranger on the internet of conspiring against you because of her grand aspirations to... become a moderator on a Discord server? It's F***ing Discord, mate, it's not like running the goddamn EPA.

Lurking-Ninja likes this.
  31. Alex_TNT

Alex_TNT

You said enough, have a good day.

32. Invertex

Invertex

You did actually do this when you were going on about trying to sell ownership of the server and secretly trying to make staff bid against eachother for it, for a server they put much more work into than you like to think you did. When you couldn't find a high enough buyer you lamented that maybe you should just delete the server. This obviously put the people who have put so much of their life into that server on even more edge when combined with your other behavior. That is part of what triggered preparing another server, in case you actually did do just that.

If you had properly recognized the time and effort various staff had put into the server over the years, especially Sirus, and understood that it had stopped being "your" server but in fact was the product of a group of very passionate people who do all this work free of charge, then none of this would have happened. But instead you decided to double-down on your "my way or the highway" attitude of recent.

I'm sure the personal life issues you've been having having recently played a role in your behavior, but that's not an excuse. You still have to accept that your handling of the situation was not fair or respectable. It was a slap in the face, so the staff formulated a plan to escape this situation while trying to maintain some of the community they built.

This is all I'm going to say in this thread, these kinds of discussions aren't really welcome on the Unity forum for good reason. I hope things get better in your life though Alex, I wish things could have gone a less destructive route.

33. Alex_TNT

Alex_TNT

I stated multiple times if I transfer the ownership I would have done it to a Staff member, that means Sirus.
    And nuking an entire community it's an excuse? you only see what you want to see

Commenting again just to turn people against me. A Moderator turned into an Admin suddenly.
    We we'll go trough legal means towards the people in question ("new" owner) that acted in doing all this harm, for the way this all handled.

34. superpig

superpig

Quis aedificabit ipsos aedificatores? Unity Technologies

There's absolutely no way I'm going to let this thread continue here.

NerdIt-, Westland, Alic and 20 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
unityunity