Search Unity

Unity Desktop UI View for Mixed Reality Experience

Discussion in 'VR' started by adamLiminalVR, Jul 25, 2018.

1. adamLiminalVR

adamLiminalVR

Hi all,

I'm working on a wmr VR experience where the VR user (ie. the headset wearer) has their experience monitored and controlled via a standard Unity UI by a second person (ie. the operator) on the tethered PC . So, for example, the operator starts the experience, selects a scenario, and restarts the experience for the headset wearer.
    Is this achievalble with wmr? When I build and run my appbundle the experience runs fine, but there is no Unity UI visible in the wmr portal.

(I would usually develop this type of project on vive, but wmr was a better option given the field requirements of the project,(ie. inside-out tracking).)

This page that talks briefly about using XAML to switch between 2D and immersive views, but tbh, I'm not sure if this is relevant to Unity builds or not:
    https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/mixed-reality/using-xaml-with-holographic-directx-apps

Any help is greatly appreciated :)

Adam.

2. adamLiminalVR

adamLiminalVR

Ended up switching to Standalone with SteamVR, works perfectly :)
    (As a side benefit we stopped experiencing the regular Unity crashes that occurred on the UWP platform).

Last edited: Aug 7, 2018