Search Unity

Unity deploys unusable apks - Invalid app signature on Play Console, test build doesn't run on phone

Discussion in 'Android' started by agostonr, Jan 9, 2018.

1. agostonr

agostonr

upload_2018-1-9_16-47-3.jpeg
    Here is what I get after waiting for the upload. I'm using Unity 2017.1.3f1 with JDK 8 (because 9 wasn't even building). Now the project builds but I can't deploy it to the console nor can I to the Emulator.
    Note, I did assign my keystore file and I did write the passwords. I'm not uploading a development build, I double checked that.
    For the build I was using the old .25 tools (inside the sdk folder I replaced the existing ones). I did that so that I can get a build.
    I would like to ask for help to get this sorted out.
    @Yury-Habets @JuliusM If I saw it right, you took part in some Android related questions. Could you lend a hand? I've tried upgrading to the latest Unity, no luck. I tried the latest Android Studio (and SDK) as well as the latest Java SDK, still no luck. I'm out of ideas on this one :(

2. Yury-Habets

Yury-Habets

Unity Technologies

3. agostonr

agostonr

Thank you for replying to both my threads.
    I actually upgraded windows to 1709 creator's, then resetted it to get rid of any unwanted settings. Then downloaded Unity 2017.3.0f3, Android Studio 2.3, JDK 8, and tools for AS 25.x, set up the required JAVA_HOME env var and that way I successfully built and deployed the game.
    If you could fix the build so that we don't need a 25.x version tool, it would be great though. Other than that the problem is solved.

4. Yury-Habets

Yury-Habets

Unity Technologies

Latest Unity should work with latest SDK. Please share your error with the latest SDK.

5. agostonr

agostonr

When was the latest version shipped? On the download page I saw a december X date, 2017.3 version. The version I had the error on was 2017.3.0f3.

6. Yury-Habets

Yury-Habets

Unity Technologies