Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Question Unity Dashboard account transfer?

Discussion in 'Unity Gaming Services General Discussion' started by irtazakhan100, Jun 22, 2021.

1. irtazakhan100

irtazakhan100

How to transfer unity dashboard project to another unity account?,
    Not organization .Considering all the revenue is in one account , how would i be able to transfer all the access from one account to another because organizations are in access of the owner of account so i need help and stuck from quite a few days. please reply and help me asap if u can .thanks in advance.

2. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

The user transferring has to be a Owner/Manager in both organizations. An individual is just a single-person organization. Why don't you just copy the project and open a new Dashboard (link a new ProjectID)?

3. irtazakhan100

irtazakhan100

Actually the project is in someone else's account and i need all the revenue to transfer too with the project. when u transfer to a different organization still that guy can manage all the organizations which i don't want. i just want the project to completely move to my unity dashboard account.

4. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

Understood. So you are referring to Unity Ad Revenue? You can always drop users from an organization after the move, and assume the role as Owner/Manager. For security, a person must be an Owner/Manager in both organizations. Otherwise an individual person could steal projects (and revenue).

5. irtazakhan100

irtazakhan100

yeah so any solutions to this? what is the best possible way to get that project in your unity dashboard account other than being a guest to it or in organization as a member.

6. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

You mean to take a project from another organization? That is not possible, for security. I have already provided the solution. You certainly need their permission to do as you suggest, so arrange for that user to be a short-lived Owner/Manager in both organizations.

7. irtazakhan100

irtazakhan100

Can u please explain step by step , as i am not getting it.
    if he is already the owner of organization do i need to add me as a owner than transfer . but won't it still show on his account . how to remove the owner as well? if do this will he have any access to the game monetize or any other stuff. thanks for being coperative

8. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

You need to add him as the owner of your organization, and then let him do the transfer. Or he needs to make you the Owner of their organization so you can make the transfer. The same person has to be the Owner in both organizations, at the same time. It has to be either you or him.

9. irtazakhan100

irtazakhan100

Is it not possible with accounts?
    he added me as a owner but he is also the owner how to remove him as the owner? because what u are saying is that organization will have the project but ultimately unity account will be his, if u are getting my point he is the owner of both organizations .. i want me to have the access to the project not him having peek at the project or removing me later from organization. the reason i was asking to transfer from one account to another not organizations or may be i m not getting sorry i m new to this.

10. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

No, you are not transferring accounts, we are talking about transferring the project dashboard between organizations. The same user needs to be the Owner of both. Once the transfer is complete, you can remove the user. This may help https://support.unity.com/hc/en-us/...my-Project-to-a-different-Unity-Organization- and https://docs.unity3d.com/Manual/TransferringProjects.html

11. irtazakhan100

irtazakhan100

It means u cannot transfer project from account to account only by organization to organization , actually i know how to transfer through organizations and have tried that but can't stop the account owner to change that . lastly the only solution i can think is to delete the project completely and make a new one through my account. my concern was the revenue only as i just want that previous account owner to vanish from that project , obviously he wants the same as of now but who knows in future as u can't trust anyone.

12. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

So you are trying to take their project without their permission? That is not possible. You can change the account owner from doing anything by removing them after the move. I thought the point here was to transfer revenue? If you delete the project, you lose the revenue also. Projects (and their respective dashboard) are associated with an organization, not an account.

13. irtazakhan100

irtazakhan100

that is my project and they are returning it to me . the problem is that i can't change the owner ship . they have given me their credentials to do that but i can't figure out how to do that ? i tried to add an organization and transfer it but then how to manage the previous organization to remove from ownership. its too complex . revenue ain't much but won't it be hard to do all that stuff as the game is already live on playstore .

14. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

Yes, transferring the revenue can be a bit tricky. You also have to change the billable user too. I would suggest that you create a Customer Service ticket here https://support.unity.com/hc/en-us Include the Unity ProjectID of the project that you want to own, CS will be able to get your organization info from your email address on the ticket https://support.unity.com/hc/en-us Click on Submit a Request at the top of the form