Search Unity

1. Welcome to the Unity Forums! Please take the time to read our Code of Conduct to familiarize yourself with the forum rules and how to post constructively.

Unity d3d11 shader warnings ?

Discussion in 'Shaders' started by cod, Apr 30, 2013.

1. cod

cod

Hello, could someone help me with these warnings? Thanks :D

Program 'vert_surf', implicit truncation of vector type (compiling for d3d11_9x) at line 25
    Program 'vert_surf', implicit truncation of vector type (compiling for d3d11) at line 25
    Program 'vert_surf', 'vert': output parameter 'o' not completely initialized (compiling for d3d11) at line 48
    Program 'frag_surf', Microcode Compiler possible performance issue: pixel shader input semantic 'TEXCOORD3' is unused at line 321
    Program 'vert_surf', 'distance': implicit truncation of vector type (compiling for d3d11_9x) at line 70

2. Xystress

Xystress

Hi

I'm not totally sure, so sorry if I'm wrong (if someone can confirm), but here is what I think :

The implicit truncation of vector type is when you assign a float3 to a float4 for instance.
    The "output parameter 'o' not completely initialized" means that you did'nt assigned all the fields of the 'o' struct.
    And I guess the performane issue is because you are not using the parameter which as the TEXCOORD3 assigned.