Search Unity

Unity Cutscene Creator / Camera Path - uSequencer [RELEASED]

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by WellFiredDevelopment, Jun 19, 2012.

1. WellFiredDevelopment

WellFiredDevelopment

Hello Hexdump,

This will depend more on your choice of UI system rather than the use of uSequencer, what is it you're using as a UI solution?

Regards,
    Well Fired.

2. BTStone

BTStone

Does the new Usequencer Version work still for Unity 3.5.X

3. WellFiredDevelopment

WellFiredDevelopment

Hey Mayhem,

Absolutely it does, feel free to try out the free version if you want to check the functionality : http://www.usequencer.com/purchase

We're not entirely sure when, or indeed if we will be dropping support for pre 4.0 versions of Unity, however, if we do, it won't be any time soon.

Regards,
    Well Fired.

4. hexdump

hexdump

Hi again,

I'm using NGUI at the moment. I use anchors to set all the menu items to the correct position depending on screen resolutions, density and aspect ratio. What I meant with my previous question is... is there anyway to tell uSequencer to move this object from a position depending on some factors to the anchor position it will have to go on this device because its aspect ratio, etc... etc... I Know I can make move anything from a known position to another known position. But what about when this position is unknown until the game is loaded and some computations are done?

Sorry if I am not being clear enough. It is a bit difficult to explain.

On the other hand, would you mind answering this little questions? I have read all documentation but could not find information about it:

1) I really need to play an animation backwards. This is usseful for example in my case that I do transitions with some ui items. I want my first set of buttons dissapear from screen and others appear. And would like to do just the opposite when I want to go back. Is this possible? I haven't seen any method for this in the API (Have seen ping pong playing though).
    2) Is it possible to have lines instead of curves when modifying property timelines? I mean, sometimes I don't want easy ins/outs just a linear interpolation of for example the position.
    3) Is it possible to do tweens without having to "paint" curves? I mean, for example when you want some gameobject to do an elastic out tween it is really annyoing to have to paint all rebounds in the curve.
    4) Is there anyway to add "global" sequence events? Or should we use a dummy object for this?

Note: For anyone willing to play animation backwards I found a solution. Just skip to end and then set playrate negative :).

Thanks in advance and congratulations for such a great plugin. I'm liking it so far!.

Last edited: Mar 23, 2013
  5. EmeralLotus

EmeralLotus

Does Usequencer work on Flash ?

6. WellFiredDevelopment

WellFiredDevelopment

1) I really need to play an animation backwards. This is usseful for example in my case that I do transitions with some ui items. I want my first set of buttons dissapear from screen and others appear. And would like to do just the opposite when I want to go back. Is this possible? I haven't seen any method for this in the API (Have seen ping pong playing though).

I'm glad you found the solution to this, you are correct, simply set the RunningTime to the Duration and the PlayRate to -1.

2) Is it possible to have lines instead of curves when modifying property timelines? I mean, sometimes I don't want easy ins/outs just a linear interpolation of for example the position.

You can multi select your keyframes by dragging a box around them and then context (right) click on them and select left tangent -> linear and then again, right tangent -> linear.

3) Is it possible to do tweens without having to "paint" curves? I mean, for example when you want some gameobject to do an elastic out tween it is really annyoing to have to paint all rebounds in the curve.

We're currently working on HoTween and iTween support for users who don't want such fine control over their curves. This will be in addition to the current system, meaning users have the choice.

4) Is there anyway to add "global" sequence events? Or should we use a dummy object for this?

Just a simple empty Game Object will do, if you like, you could call it GlobaluSequencerEvents, or something.

I'm glad you're enjoying uSequencer :)

7. WellFiredDevelopment

WellFiredDevelopment

We're currently in the process of adding Flash support, but we have no definitive time frame for this. If you keep your eyes on the forum, we'll keep you posted.

We do, however support the standard WebPlayer.

Regards,
    Well Fired

8. EmeralLotus

EmeralLotus

Great, would you be able to give an approximate time frame like 1week, 1 month, 2 months, 3 months, 1 year ?

Localized Dialogue was able to get his project 100% Flash in 2 days when he gave it the priority. What he thought would take a long time to work he was able to find a solution very quickly. Amazing. Perhaps uSequencer might fully support All platforms including flash sooner than later. Fingers crossed.

Last edited: Apr 8, 2013
  9. meta87

meta87

Wanted to post on here saying how useful uSequencer has been for the game I'm making. I put together a short preview video for my game. The entire first section where the video pans in and the storm was made with uSequencer. Keep up the good work!

10. WellFiredDevelopment

WellFiredDevelopment

Hello Rocki,

Unfortunately, I can't give you a definitive timeframe with regards to Flash support, primarily because we have a large selection of features users want and Flash Support is the least frequently requested. I realise this isn't the answer you needed and I do apologise for this. However, you can rest assured knowing that it is in development.

I'd be suprised if you didn't see Flash Support within the next three months.

In case you're curious, our most requested features and the features we're pushing for a release with, are : A better Curve Editor, HoTween Support, iTween Support. (As well as some other, minor changes)

Regards,
    Well Fired.

11. WellFiredDevelopment

WellFiredDevelopment

Hey Meta87,

This is looking really great and we're ecstatic to hear uSequencer was so helpful! if you ever get a beta version running, feel free to add me to your Beta test list, I'd love to try out your game!

Regards,
    Well Fired.

12. meta87

meta87

Thanks for the kind words Well Fired! I'll definitely send you a beta when the time comes.

13. WellFiredDevelopment

WellFiredDevelopment

Hello everyone!

We just wanted to let you all know that uSequencer V 1.196 has been submitted to the Asset Store.
    As usual, you can try before you buy here : http://www.usequencer.com/purchase

With uSequencer 1.196 we've improved upon uSequencers Prefab support and uSequencers Curve Editor!

New Features in 1.196
    Prefabs now attempt to auto re-linked when instantiated.
    Improve the Curve Editor, you can now multi edit curves.
    Added a new Mesh Renderer Enable Event.
    Performance Increases

Bug Fixes:
    Various

Regards,
    Well Fired

14. WellFiredDevelopment

WellFiredDevelopment

This is now live for everyone to grab on the Asset Store!

Regards,
    Well Fired

15. anwserman

anwserman

I'm looking into purchasing uSequencer, and I am wondering about its cutscenes capabilities. Basically, can I prefab an animation sequence? That way, a sequence could be reused at different portions of a map without any changes? (e.g, character fanfare sequences in rpg games).

EDIT: Looking into it, I could easily do something like this.

Last edited: Apr 23, 2013
  16. WellFiredDevelopment

WellFiredDevelopment

Hey,

I'm glad you found the answer out on your own, but if you have any questions with regards to working with prefabs in uSequencer, feel free to give me a shout.

Regards,
    Well Fired

17. lgz

lgz

Hi,
    I just started testing uSequencer and I have some problems with interface (cannot find this in docs) - is it possible to go to specific time on timeline (numerically or snapping to keyframes)?

regards
    lukasz

--edited--
    found it out :) it is a running time proporty on sequence component... but would it be possible to expose it in
    Sequencer window? would be nice time saver ;)

Last edited: Apr 24, 2013
  18. WellFiredDevelopment

WellFiredDevelopment

Hello lukasz,

The RunningTime Property is in the documentation supplied with uSequence and on our documentation website : http://www.usequencer.com/manual

You can also drag the scrub bar in the uSequencer window.

Ask away if you have any other questions :)

Regards,
    Well Fired.

19. BTStone

BTStone

Does uSequencer work with PlayMaker :) ?

20. lgz

lgz

Well, the problem is that while scrubbing on a timeline I cannot snap to reasonable values (existing keys, "frames", or tenths of seconds) - after 'fast' click i can have somthing like 4.99285s value (and existing key on 5s ). so i have to switch to sequence component inspector. enter value 5 in RunningTime float, and reselect object to animate and preview :) After preview, i have to select sequence, enter value 5 and so on.

It doesn;t sound too hard, but making it again and again is pretty time consuming ;)

I am mentioning it only because I find uSequencer really cool , and adding some minor extensions to key editing would make it a real gem.

~regards

21. WellFiredDevelopment

WellFiredDevelopment

Hey lgz,

Try using the , and . keys. You can also combine these with the alt key (alt + , / alt + .)
    This should work just like the Animation Window in Unity, it's still possible for us to expose the playtime as an editable number, if this will improve some peoples productivity, we'll definitely do it for you :)

Regards,
    Well Fired.

22. WellFiredDevelopment

WellFiredDevelopment

Hello Mayhem,

There is a bundle in the uSequencer bundle that has PlayMaker Events. It contains Playmaker events for uSequencer and uSequencer events for PlayMaker. These events allow the two to communicate, firing a sequence from a PlayMaker event, or vice versa!

Regards,
    Well Fired.

23. lgz

lgz

Cool! That's what I was looking for!.
    Thanks!
    (Nevertheless playtime edit in the window would be nice :D)

24. WellFiredDevelopment

WellFiredDevelopment

I could definitely do this for you! Feel free to forward any more suggestions. :)

Regards,
    Well Fired

25. God-at-play

God-at-play

Can't wait to check out the tweening integration :)

And thanks for the re-connection feature. I'll be needing that in just a bit here.

The smoothness of the curves just has one constant value, right?

26. Lars-Steenhoff

Lars-Steenhoff

I have a request for the playmaker actions, could you expand them to have a finish functionality?

like so :

27. WellFiredDevelopment

WellFiredDevelopment

Hey Lars,

What would you like the Finish Event to do? Fire another event in PlayMaker?

Regards,
    Well Fired

28. WellFiredDevelopment

WellFiredDevelopment

Hey everyone,

We've got a preliminary .unitypackage for you with HOTween support, it's currently very simple, and exposes the HOTween.TO and HOTween.FROM functionality in uSequencer events. (We don't provide HOTween, so you'll have to download it yourself).

Please feel free to give feedback or suggestions if you have any. This will also be bundled with future versions of uSequencer.

Regards,
    Well Fired.

Attached Files:

29. Lars-Steenhoff

Lars-Steenhoff

Yes it would fire when the sequence has finished playing and go to another event

30. WellFiredDevelopment

WellFiredDevelopment

This would be a great idea, whilst we're at it, we'll also throw in some callbacks that scripters can register for. Probably :

OnPlaybackStart()
    OnPlaybackStop()
    OnPlaybackResume()

Regards,
    Well Fired

31. WellFiredDevelopment

WellFiredDevelopment

Hello everyone!

We just wanted to let you all know that uSequencer V 1.197 has been submitted to the Asset Store.

With uSequencer 1.197 we've improved upon the UI and added some extra functionality, including HOTween support.

New Features in 1.197
    Added some additional UI elements, a folder picker for the Record Utility and the ability to set the RunningTime inside the editor.
    Added HOTween support (Currently only To and From).
    Performance Increases.

Bug Fixes:
    Various

Regards,
    Well Fired

32. WellFiredDevelopment

WellFiredDevelopment

Hey Lars, Just to let you know We've got this implemented and it should be available in our next launch.

Regards,
    Well Fired.

33. WellFiredDevelopment

WellFiredDevelopment

Hello everyone!

We just wanted to let you all know that uSequencer V 1.2 has been submitted to the Asset Store.

With uSequencer 1.2 we've improved upon the UI and added some extra functionality, and provided some bug fixes, including improving HOTween integration.

New Features in 1.2
    Added the ability to Fire a Playmaker Event once a uSequencer Cutscene is complete.
    Added some Sequence Callbacks for scripters (PlaybackStarted, PlaybackPaused, PlaybackStopped, PlaybackFinished)
    Improved upon the Recording preferences and added User Presets!
    Added some additional UI elements, a folder picker for the Record Utility and the ability to set the RunningTime inside the editor.
    Performance Increases.

Bug Fixes:
    Fixed issues with HOTween integration
    Various smaller fixes

Regards,
    Well Fired

34. meta87

meta87

Sweet! thanks for the continued updates :)

35. WellFiredDevelopment

WellFiredDevelopment

Version 1.2 is now available in the Asset Store!

36. duke

duke

What's the difference between this an Aperture?

37. WellFiredDevelopment

WellFiredDevelopment

Hello Duke,

Based on my quick look at the feature list and package reviews, I'd say uSequencer offers far better support and far more regular updates.

With uSequencer you're buying a tool that will continually grow and evolve, as well as having second to none support. You're also buying a powerful tool with great usability, we have a fully extendable Event system built right into the sequencer that even scripting novices can extend. You will however notice that it comes pre-built with many many events to get you started straight away.

We've also been working a lot on our Third-Party packages and you'll get extensions for free that enable uSequencer to work with PlayMaker, HOTween, Localized Dialogs and Mecanim.

If you're still unsure about uSequencer, you can always try the free version and see if it works for you. If you like it, you can upgrade and all your existing cutscenes will still work.

38. duke

duke

Sold. Bought it. Have a feature request ;)

Just like in Unity, when you hold ctrl while moving the scrubber, can you have it snap to the nearest second (or a changeable iteration)?

39. WellFiredDevelopment

WellFiredDevelopment

Hey Duke,

I hope you have a pleasant experience with uSequencer, this is a pretty reasonable request.

For now, you might be happy to hear that the , and . Keys offer you some snapping support. You can also combine these with alt to snap between open keyframes.

Regards,
    Well Fired

40. lgz

lgz

Hello!

Thanks for exposing playtime, it's a lifesaver :).
    So here goes next suggestion :cool: :
    Property timeline blocks
    By default property track is black and its range is from 0 to the sequence end.
    For fast work (matching multiple tracks) it would be wonderful to have ability to drag property track (visualized as block from first key to last key), exactly like event block.
    Furthermore. Having such block with defined In/Out points it would be really easy to rescale single parts of sequence (-oh, the first cut camera is moving too slow, can u make it little bit faster ? :D ) (of course this is harder part, as it would require fixing tangents inside block I guess).
    But even simple dragging would be great :)

~regards

41. WellFiredDevelopment

WellFiredDevelopment

Hello,

I like the idea of moving the block :)
    Are you aware that you multi select keyframes? Simply drag select every keyframe in the property area and then you can move them as a whole block.

We will still look into the drag the whole block option regardless :D

Please keep the feedback and suggestions coming, we're busy preparing our next release, if you're quick, you might get in in time.

Regards,
    Well Fired.

42. BTStone

BTStone

Hey there.

So I updated to the latest Version and started to make a new Sequence. How or Where can I say the Sequence it shouldn't play at the Start?
    I want to Control the Sequences via Playmaker but everytime I start the Game in the Editor the sequences start playing :/

Also I have some troubles to figure out how to make my Camera moving to a certain point and then back to its original point.

43. vellum

vellum

Hi Well Fired,

I have been using your product, and definitely enjoy the time it has saved me. I am currently building my project for iOS with bytecode stripping, and noticed that I get the following error only when stripping is enabled:

Code (csharp):
    1. Unhandled Exception: System.ArgumentException: Set Method not found for 'intensity'
    2.   at System.Reflection.MonoProperty.SetValue (System.Object obj, System.Object value, BindingFlags invokeAttr, System.Reflection.Binder binder, System.Object[] index, System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    3.   at System.Reflection.PropertyInfo.SetValue (System.Object obj, System.Object value, System.Object[] index) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    4.   at USPropertyInfo.SetValue (Single time) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    5.   at USTimelineProperty.Process (Single sequencerTime, Single playbackRate) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    6.   at USTimelineContainer.ProcessTimelines (Single sequencerTime, Single playbackRate) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    7.   at USSequencer.UpdateSequencer (Single deltaTime) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    8.   at USSequencer+<UpdateSequencerCoroutine>c__Iterator0.MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    My best guess is that Unity is stripping the setters for the light intensity property (which I change in the cutscene). Any idea why this would be happening, or a workaround so that I may keep my precious stripping enabled?

Regards,
    Brian Reinhart

44. zettam

zettam

I just made my purchase; looks like a great tool.
    However, I encountered a game breaking bug..

I have two cameras in my scene, both of them have the "motion blur" post effect applied. For some reason; when the observer timeline is used to switch cameras; the second shot (does not matter if it's camera2 or camera1) always looses the motion blur..

I hope there is a quickfix for this -

thanks.

45. WellFiredDevelopment

WellFiredDevelopment

Hello Mayhem,

uSequencer Sequences do not autoplay by default, you can only make them Play, through script, Playmaker, uScript, or the Auto Play Sequence prefab provided with the uSequencer Package.

If you could double check your PlayMaker setup, I assume PlayMaker is autoplaying the sequence, because you're not sending an event with an action. If you have a PlaySequence event in PlayMaker hooked up immediately to the Start event then the sequence will indeed play on startup.

With regards to the camera movement, have you had a look at our Property Timeline Tutorial : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tJDIO_PqRlU

Regards,
    Well Fired

46. WellFiredDevelopment

WellFiredDevelopment

Hello Brian,

Thanks for bringing this to our attention, we'll fix this straight away. If you need a version of uSequencer with a fix for this urgently, contact us at support@wellfired.com with your unity receipt and we'll send you a new package.

Regards,
    Well Fired

47. WellFiredDevelopment

WellFiredDevelopment

Hello Zettam,

There are bugs in Unity's own Post Process Event scripts. Motion Blur included.

If you'd like a really quick fix for this, you can try using the uSequencer Event Timeline with the Transform -> Warp To Object Event and just one camera. This will allow you to warp your camera to the correct locations, without having to deal with setting up multiple cameras with Post Process effects. :)

Regards,
    Well Fired.

48. BTStone

BTStone

Oh my god, yeah, I totaly overlooked that one of the Startstates has an "Play Sequence" Action attached...removing it did the job.
    And thank you very much for the Video-Link. I got the Cutscene-Behaviour I wanted to :D

49. BTStone

BTStone

Hm, I need some advice on this.
    So basically I want to do this:

The character moves to a certain spot (there is a big invisible Box marked as "Trigger" which will cause an OnTriggerEnter Action in the PlayMakerFSM attached to that object), at this point that FSM will send an Event to the Sequence-FSM and will start playing the sequence.
    This is working, but the sequence itself should do this:

From that point the character entered the TriggerBox the Camera should "float" to the right to another certain spot. I could manage that easily with the Property-Timeline. But the problem is: How exactly can I get "back" to my character and play? I tried it with a seperate camera, but when the Sequence starts playing and get's back to the character (I made this with Properties again) the camera stays active and the whole GUI is missing. Also when I set the MainCamera for a Transition under the Observer-Line that works, but it deactivates all other cameras in scene and restarts all the Camera-Behaviour all over again which is...bad :D
    Is it possible to do that only with one Camera (the MainCamera which was also following the Character)?

There must be some easy way to accomplish a simple "From Characterposition some X-Values to the right and back to Characterposition"-Sequence, I think I'm just too stupid :D
    At least I managed the work with the Property-Timeline. Neat feature, though!

50. zettam

zettam

Thank you very much for the quick reply.
    I'm also wondering if it's possible to see the events being fired when scrubbing through the timeline?