Search Unity

Unity Cutscene Creator / Camera Path - uSequencer [RELEASED]

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by WellFiredDevelopment, Jun 19, 2012.

1. WellFiredDevelopment

WellFiredDevelopment

Hey,

No problem. Be sure to let us know if you need anything else ! :)

Regards,
    Well Fired.

2. Samsson

Samsson

Thank you for the answer,

It would be really useful to have mecanim animation supported with uSequencer.
    Let me know if you want us to test, improve your beta extension in some real case.

This extension will be separate, so I actually don't need to buy uSequencer for now ?

3. Venged

Venged

4. Venged

Venged

Can I add my own video that I created outside of unity to the timeline?

5. WellFiredDevelopment

WellFiredDevelopment

Hello Samsson,

If you want to wait for Mecanim support, that's completely up to yourself :)
    It will be our next major new addition, so keep your eyes peeled, we'll keep you up to date on the forum.

Regards,
    Well Fired

6. WellFiredDevelopment

WellFiredDevelopment

Hello Venged,

We don't currently support video playback from within uSequencer, because of issues with codec support, and multiplatform deployment. It is however, incredibly simple to add custom events to uSequencer. There are a number of video playback libraries for Unity, and if you managed to pick one up, We'd help you write a custom event to do this. Send us an email over to support@wellfired.com and we'll help you out.

What format is your video in?

Regards,
    Well Fired

7. Venged

Venged

Thanks! I have AVI and MP4 footage. I will email your support when I'm ready to bring it in.

8. WellFiredDevelopment

WellFiredDevelopment

Hello everyone!

We just wanted to let you all know that uSequencer V 1.19 has been submitted to the Asset Store.

As usual, you can try before you buy here : http://www.usequencer.com/purchase

New Features in 1.19:
    Unity 4.0 Mecanim Features! You can now send events from uSequencer to your Mecanim Animator's! (Set Value -> Int, Float, Bool, Vector, Quaternion, and much more!)
    Added USequencerFriendlyName attribute, so you can easily define readable names for your uSequencer events.
    Updated all events with USequencerFriendlyName.
    Removed Unity 4.0 warnings.
    Observer Timelines will now be saved to prefabs along with event and property timelines.
    Added a new scene to display moving the camera along a path whilst mouse looking.

Bug Fixes:
    All Events will now fire in the editor when scrubbing. (One shot events and Duration defined events).
    Editor Improvements and speedups.

Regards,
    Well Fired

9. mohydineName

mohydineName

That is a great tool!
    So I made my little property timeline on an object. Now how Can I duplicate the animation I made within this object timeline? Basically I 'd like to avoir having to redo timelines for each objects when the content is similar. I believe I saw somewhere it can be done, not sure how though

Stephane

10. WellFiredDevelopment

WellFiredDevelopment

Hello Stephane,

This should be relatively easy to do. If you click on the property Timeline in the uSequencer Pane. (Actually click on the words Property Timeline). The property timeline will be highlighted in the hierarchy for you. Simply select this objects parent and duplicate it.

If you're animating the Main Camera, the object you want to duplicate will probably be called Timelines for Main Camera.

Then you'll have a perfect duplicate of any events or property timelines.

Regards,
    Well Fired.

11. meta87

meta87

Just started using your product and it is awesome! Getting really nice looking results so thank you. Quick question, sorry if it's been answered. Is there a way to zoom the timelines inside the usequencer window or increase their height? Thanks!

12. WellFiredDevelopment

WellFiredDevelopment

Hello,

We're very happy that you're pleased with uSequencer!

Unfortunately, it isn't a feature that is currently implemented. You can increase the y height by expanding all components in the left hand pane though.

This feature has one or two votes over on our Uservoice page, if it get's more we'll likely implement it. Feel free to vote for it :) http://usequencer.uservoice.com

Regards,
    Well Fired.

13. WellFiredDevelopment

WellFiredDevelopment

Hello everyone!

We just wanted to let you all know that uSequencer V 1.191 has been submitted to the Asset Store.

New Features in 1.191
    Added a bunch of new events. (Audio, Rendering, Animation)
    Performance Increases

Bug Fixes:
    Various

Regards,
    Well Fired

14. WellFiredDevelopment

WellFiredDevelopment

This is now live in the Asset Store.

Regards,
    Well Fired.

15. NoBullIntentions_P

NoBullIntentions_P

Apologies if I missed something obvious, but whenever I change a property keyframe (eg: position) the key I've modified reverts to having a curve for both tangents, even though it was previously set to linear. How can I stop that from happening so that when I change that property on a keyframe, the keyframe remains with linear tangents?

Thanks!

Last edited: Feb 25, 2013
  16. WellFiredDevelopment

WellFiredDevelopment

Hello Phil,

You should turn off the auto smooth tangent option :)

Regards,
    Well Fired

17. KRGraphics

KRGraphics

Hey Art, I am still eyeing this tool and I am wondering if this will work in conjunction with Playmaker?

18. WellFiredDevelopment

WellFiredDevelopment

Hey Neptune,

Absolutely, we've even gone to the trouble of providing you with PlayMaker events. Inside the uSequencer directory, there is a third party plug-in folder, and inside there is a PlayMaker Package you can extract (It contains events for uSequencer that interact with PlayMaker and events for PlayMaker that interact with uSequencer) !

Feel free to try it out in the Free version if you want to try before you buy :)

Regards,
    Well Fired.

19. KRGraphics

KRGraphics

Sounds like a plan... I am going to be doing stuff like dismemberment and I will definitely make sure that i can call those methods in the cutscene...

20. WellFiredDevelopment

WellFiredDevelopment

Good Luck!
    Also, if you have any problems, just give us a shout! :)

21. NoBullIntentions_P

NoBullIntentions_P

That sounds perfect, but I don't see that option. Where is it? (I'm looking on the USequencer panel itself and also in USequencer preferences.)

Last edited: Feb 25, 2013
  22. WellFiredDevelopment

WellFiredDevelopment

Hello Phil,

If you expand your Timeline Container, and then the Property Timeline, you should see, over to the right hand side three buttons that allow you to specify which curve you are currently editting. R, G, B. Right next to those, is a button that reads : Auto Smooth Tangents. If you click it once, it should change to No Auto Smooth.

Regards,
    Well Fired.

23. NoBullIntentions_P

NoBullIntentions_P

Ah, that's where it is. Thanks very much for the help!

24. WellFiredDevelopment

WellFiredDevelopment

No problem :)

Regards,
    Well Fired.

25. WellFiredDevelopment

WellFiredDevelopment

Hello everyone!

We just wanted to let you all know that uSequencer V 1.192 has been submitted to the Asset Store.

With uSequencer 1.192 we've added some out of the box integration for the flipping amazing "Localized Dialog Cutscenes Plugin" from Mel Georgiou. If you haven't seen it, you can grab it here : https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/#/content/5020 or have a look at everything its capable of here, at the Unity forums : http://forum.unity3d.com/threads/15...System-Cutscene-Dialog-UI-with-zero-scripting!

New Features in 1.192
    Added out of the box support for the Third Party Localized Dialogs Plugin.
    Added a bunch of new events. (Audio, Rendering, Animation)
    Performance Increases

Bug Fixes:
    Various

Regards,
    Well Fired

26. NoBullIntentions_P

NoBullIntentions_P

Sorry, me again.

Your camera control scripts enable/disable the gameobject that the camera behaviour is attached to in order to switch cameras on and off. That interferes with a lot of functionality in my game. If I wanted to change this so that it only disables/enables the camera component, and leaves the other components alone, where in your code should I be looking?

27. NoBullIntentions_P

NoBullIntentions_P

Oops, and another one. If I have an animation playing (looping) on a character when my cutscene ends, the animation is stopped dead at the end of the cutscene? Is there a way for me to have the animation continue playing?

28. WellFiredDevelopment

WellFiredDevelopment

Hello Phil,

No problem, ask away :)

You could write yourself a little uSequencer Event to achieve this, take a look at the USAttachToParentEvent, you'll need to implement FireEvent, which should enable / disable your camera, and UndoEvent, which should reverse this operation. (EndEvent should do nothing).

The out of the box events don't behave in this manor. If you require this, I could write you a custom event specifically for this purpose?

Regards,
    Well Fired

Last edited: Feb 26, 2013
  29. NoBullIntentions_P

NoBullIntentions_P

Many thanks for the reply, Terry. I was hoping that both could be implemented in such a way that I would still be able to get updates as you release them, and it sounds as though I can do this by implementing both as custom events. I'll have a dig into that and see what I can come up with. Thanks very much for the assistance.

30. WellFiredDevelopment

WellFiredDevelopment

Hey Phil,

If you add new events to uSequencer, these will be supported for a very long time. I don't plan to change the interface, since so many events exist, both built in and created by uSequencers users. You can rest assured if you add new Events, you'll still receive future updates without any problems.

If you have any other problems, don't hesitate to ask away ! :D

Regards,
    Well Fired

31. NoBullIntentions_P

NoBullIntentions_P

I must say, you've really created a very straightforward and logical interface from which to implement custom events. I was expecting to have do a fair bit of reading and experimenting before I figured it out, but I've created a custom event which handles my characters' animation in the way I want with very little effort. The camera one was a bit more complicated, but I think I've got that working too.

Thanks for the help! I'm really enjoying working with uSequencer.

32. WellFiredDevelopment

WellFiredDevelopment

Glad to hear you're enjoying your time with uSequencer ! :) It's always great to get positive feedback after pouring so much working into a tool!
    If you need further help, give me a shout.

Regards,
    Well Fired

33. WellFiredDevelopment

WellFiredDevelopment

This update is now live and in the Asset Store!

Regards,
    Well Fired

34. NoBullIntentions_P

NoBullIntentions_P

I'm still working on custom events, and I have some quite complicated things I'm hoping to get going. If I have an event, whose firetime is before the end of the cutscene, but whose duration means that it would still be running after the end of the cutscene. I want different behaviour from an event like this. Essentially, I want to write some code which will allow the event to complete automatically, even though all of your code will have finished.

I assumed that StopEvent would be called on all events which were running when the cutscene terminates, but this appears not to be the case. Is there no way of determining that events which are running at the end of the cutscene are about to be stopped?

35. WellFiredDevelopment

WellFiredDevelopment

Hello Phil,

You basically have two types of events.

1) Fire and Forget (With no duration)
    2) Processed Events (With a duration)

Stop event is called on events that have a duration, when the playback time reaches the end of the event block. Therefore, to receive this callback, your sequence must be long enough to accommodate the whole event block (FiredTime + Duration).

If you want an event to run beyond the end of the cutscene, you should use a Fire And Forget event.

For a brief outline
    1) Undo Event is called when you scrub the sequence back in time and go back to a point before the event started.
    2) Process Event is only called if the event has a duration

I hope this information was helpful

Regards,
    Well Fired.

36. TechnicalArtist

TechnicalArtist

37. WellFiredDevelopment

WellFiredDevelopment

Hello,

That is correct, this is completely possible. There is some build in events for PlayMaker, bundled with uSequencer. You can find a package inside the Third-Party folder. Simply extract this and you can add events to your uSequencer timeline just as you can with the animation window.

Regards,
    Terry

38. TechnicalArtist

TechnicalArtist

thank you very much

39. NoBullIntentions_P

NoBullIntentions_P

Thanks for the information. I made a flag on events which determines whether or not they continue, meaning that they no longer need to overlap the end of the timeline.

I'm experiencing some unwanted behaviour with position and rotation properties, and I'm not sure if it's intentional or not.

I have a sequence which is 4 seconds long and an object moves between 0 and 2 seconds but then stays still for the rest of the sequence. If I click on the timeline at 3 seconds, for instance, the preview shown in the window is incorrect, as the position and rotation have no keyframes which overlap this time.

Now I understand that you can't call ProcessEvent on an event which has finished, but surely there should be some kind of skip mechanism so that events which have been skipped in the timeline are executed correctly. If not in custom events, then surely properties like position and rotation need to be handled or else the preview you see in the window is not correct.

I realize that a workaround is to create keys for the whole animation, but this could be rather time-consuming and fiddly for every object in every sequence.

40. WellFiredDevelopment

WellFiredDevelopment

Hello Phil,

Each event also receives a function callback when the Scrub bar has passed the end of the event block. This is called EndEvent and can be implemented like so

Code (csharp):
    2.     public override void EndEvent()
    3.     {
    4.         Debug.Log("End");
    5.     }
    So, as a recap.

EndEvent - Called when the scrub bar passes the end of the event block
    FireEvent - Called when the scrub bar passes the start of the event block
    ProcessEvent - Called on any event with a duration
    UndoEvent - Called when the scrub bar moves back in time and reverses the event
    StopEvent - Called when the stop button is pressed

As you can see from all of the events in the uSequencer Library the majority of events only need to implement the following three functions
    FireEvent
    UndoEvent
    StopEvent

and, most of the time, the UndoEvent function simply calls stop event. (Or Vice Versa).

Property Timelines should always be accurate in the preview window, if not, you may have found a bug.

Regards,
    Well Fired.

41. WellFiredDevelopment

WellFiredDevelopment

I guess I just tracked down the bug that you spoke of. If you have a sequence that lasts 4 seconds, but keyframes only from 0 -2, and press the stop button. You can jump from 0 -> 3 seconds without a visual update.

I will fix this shortly.

Regards,
    Well Fired.

Last edited: Mar 6, 2013
  42. WellFiredDevelopment

WellFiredDevelopment

Hello Phil,

We have a fix for this property timeline bug now, it'll go through our QA and we'll let you know on here when it has been submitted to Unity.

Regards,
    Well Fired.

43. NoBullIntentions_P

NoBullIntentions_P

Excellent, thanks very much!

44. WellFiredDevelopment

WellFiredDevelopment

Hello,

We've just pushed an update for this, I'll let you know when it's live. :)

Regards,
    Well Fired

45. fallingbrickwork

fallingbrickwork

Hi,

I realise Unity4.1 is just hot off the press, but I thought I would flag an error I am getting after upgrading my project:

FieldAccessException: Field 'UnityEditor.CustomEditor:m_InspectedType' is inaccessible from method 'EditorTimelineObjectMap: GetKey (USTimelineBase)'

Cheers,
    Matt.

46. WellFiredDevelopment

WellFiredDevelopment

Cheers for the heads up Matt, we'll get a fix out for this as soon as possible.

Regards,
    Well Fired

47. WellFiredDevelopment

WellFiredDevelopment

Hello Phil,

the update for this has just gone live.

Regards,
    Well Fired

48. NoBullIntentions_P

NoBullIntentions_P

That's great. Thanks very much.

EDIT: I had a question, but answered it myself. Sorry.

Last edited: Mar 19, 2013
  49. WellFiredDevelopment

WellFiredDevelopment

Hey Matt,

We've just submitted a fix for this, it should be available soon.

Regards,
    Well Fired

50. hexdump

hexdump

A little question about uSequencer and different resolutions. I'm using usequencer right now to show my menus in some fancy way. You know button animations when appearing, etc... The problem is that they will have a target possition depending on the aspect ration/density/resolution of the screen. Is it possible to face this problem with usequencer?.

Thanks in advance.