Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Unity Cutscene Creator / Camera Path - uSequencer [RELEASED]

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by WellFiredDevelopment, Jun 19, 2012.

1. WellFiredDevelopment

WellFiredDevelopment

It does not require Unity Pro :)

There are currently no feature differences in uSequencer between Unity Pro and Unity Free, uSequencer is fully functional with Unity Pro and Unity Free.

We prefer to shoot our videos with Unity Pro, since they tend to look nicer with the dark skin.

Regards,
    Well Fired.

2. WellFiredDevelopment

WellFiredDevelopment

We've had a number of companies get in touch with us about specific licenses to keep lawyers happy, if you need any special licenses for uSequencer, don't hesitate to get in touch and we'll do what we can!

You can contact us, at : http://www.usequencer.com/contact

Regards,
    Well Fired.

3. Mars91

Mars91

How can I create a JS script to play a sequence on trigger enter?
    Can I port sequence made using the free version on the paid veriosn?

4. WellFiredDevelopment

WellFiredDevelopment

Hello,

uSequencer comes with some basic prefabs to help you get started, one of them allows you to play a sequence when an object goes into a trigger zone.
    You can find this in the uSequencer / Quick Start Prefabs folder.
    You can place this in your scene, drag a sequence object from the hierarchy. It should work automatically for you :)

Sequences made with the free version can be imported into the paid version, simply by installing the paid version over the free version. :D You don't have to do anything else.

Regards,
    Well Fired.

5. gecko

gecko

Does this work with Flash publishing?

6. WellFiredDevelopment

WellFiredDevelopment

Flash Publishing is something that currently is not supported as it is still in preview, though we are looking into it for a future update, and support for Flash will be here by the time Flash Publishing is no longer in preview.

7. gecko

gecko

Glad to hear that! Flash publishing is (I think!) going to be an official feature in 4.0, which (I think) is imminent -- will uSequencer have it upon the release of 4.0, or will it take awhile? Sorry to be pushy, but I'd love to use it for a current project that releases this fall.

8. WellFiredDevelopment

WellFiredDevelopment

Hey, no problem, ask as many questions as you like :) We've got to get community feature requests from somewhere :)

We're planning to have it available on or before the official release of 4.0, it's in our roadmap, though we can't be 100% sure as to the timeframe, so we can't make promises, though we are very hopeful.

Feel free to make a request over at http://usequencer.uservoice.com/, and people can vote on the feature if they like it :)

Regards,
    Well Fired

9. WellFiredDevelopment

WellFiredDevelopment

Hello everyone,

I've received a couple of requests recently and wanted to let you all know that uSequencer is not currently supported with Unity 4.0 since it is beta, however it seems to be unofficially working.

Feel free to download the trial, if you're unsure before you buy, also, if you're need anything, dont hesitate to contact us.

Regards,
    Well Fired.

10. Quickfingers

Quickfingers

Hey ArtOfSetting, tonight I decided to give uSequencer a whirl, thanks for the trial version, its much appreciated. I'm working in Unity 4 beta and can tell you there are a few serious issues. I thought I'd give you a heads up in case you hadn't spotted these:

Some serious UI Glitches:
    When I load up uSequencer window I get this error :
    ArgumentException: Getting control 8's position in a group with only 8 controls when doing Repaint
    Aborting
    UnityEngine.GUILayoutGroup.GetNext ()

Seems ok at first but then if I close the uSequencer window I get some pretty bad ui stuff going on like this :

All inspector properties text missing and some weirdness at the top. The only way to fix this I've found is to restart Unity.

Also another issue I've found (not sure if this is just 4.0 as this is my first experience with uSequencer) is if I have a sequence in a scene. When I start playing it defaults all objects that are effected by this scene to there properties set in the first frame of the property tracks. Obviously this isn't ideal if you want to trigger a sequence at a specific point in time, this overwrites the start positions of everything. Somehow this would often 'stick' as well meaning even when the sequence is out of edit mode and not focussed the objects would remain in their positions from the start of the sequence rather than their default position.

I hope you can find out whats causing these, its a seriously strong product with huge potential. I love the event system too, great work :)

11. WellFiredDevelopment

WellFiredDevelopment

Thank you so much for the feedback, it's always great go get new feedback, and it's great to hear that people love our sequencer! :)

The bizarre UI issues are a Unity 4.0 problem, you can be sure we'll look into these, and hopefully we'll have a new version of uSequencer which official supports 4.0 sometime in the near future. (Hopefully before launch).

Properties snapping to the first keyframe is technically 'a feature', but we've had a couple of requests to stop this behaviour, so this is likely something we'll change in one of the upcoming updates. Our current release adds Property keyframe support in the inspector, which is another amazing workflow timesaver.

Be sure to get in touch with more suggestions, or you can leave feedback at our Feedback and Suggestions Page.

Regards,
    Well Fired.

P.S. You're free to use the trial version forever, upgrading to the paid version will just work if you overwrite the uSequencer directory, with a paid copy. Meaning you only have to pay if you want to remove the watermark. :)

12. Quickfingers

Quickfingers

thanks for the reply, judging from the rate you update, this'll be an instabuy for me once it works with 4.0 and that snapping feature is optional :)

13. WellFiredDevelopment

WellFiredDevelopment

Hello All,

It's that time once again, here is uSequencer V 1.73 !!!!

This version mainly deals with adding support for every uSequencer keyframe in the editor inspector. If you don't feel like using the UI to manipulate your amazing cutscenes and curves, you can do it the old fashioned way. (WITH NUMBERS).

As usual, you can grab the latest version for free at the uSequencer website.

I'll be sure to update the post when 1.73 is available to get from the Asset Store!

New Features in 1.73:
    Full integration for every uSequencer timeline object into the inspector.
    Property Keyframes
    • Time
    • Value
    • Tangents
    Observer Keyframes
    • Time
    • Camera
    We can no multi edit precisely.
    Added a new Fade Screen Event, which deals with fading in and fading out.
    We can no adjust the default width of the Editor Event boxes in the uSequencer Preference Window (Edit -> uSequener Preferences).

Bug Fixes:
    Sometimes the scrub head would eratically jump to a new location.
    Audio Events will now play audio if you set the scrub head to the a time other than the start of the event and press play.
    Sometimes it was quite hard to select a specific keyframe.
    Ensure we always have a horizontal scroll bar.

Enjoy!
    Well Fired Development.

Last edited: Sep 25, 2012
  14. WellFiredDevelopment

WellFiredDevelopment

Hey guys,

uSequencer V 1.73 is now available for you all to buy in the asset store!

Enjoy,
    Well Fired.

15. WellFiredDevelopment

WellFiredDevelopment

Hello all,

Version 1.73 is now available in the store for you all to buy!

Enjoy,
    Well Fired.

16. WellFiredDevelopment

WellFiredDevelopment

Hello everyone!

Just a quick note to let you all know, the next free version of uSequencer is available to download for free from the official uSequencer website.

New in this version :
    I've completely exposed curve manipulation to script. Add new keyframes, delete keyframes, modify tangents, all from the comfort of your *.cs file.
    I've updated the public interface with useful XML style comments, meaning you guys should now be able to see more detail when interacting with uSequencer through script.

The version should be accepted by the asset store team and available for you through the asset store soon!

Regards,
    Well Fired.

17. cynel

cynel

can uSequencer be used to make Real time Cutscenes for a RPG?

18. WellFiredDevelopment

WellFiredDevelopment

If by real-time you mean an in game cutscene, sure, it's primarily what it was made for :)

You can quite easily trigger cutscenes with trigger volumes, through events, or through script, that's your choice, so you can quite easily move between in game -> cutscene and then back into in game.

We've used it for some internal projects, we use it for something as little as mimicking a simple looping background fight, to something as major as, complete full screen cinematics.

uSequencer was based largely around the CryEngines Trackview.

If you're unsure, you can always give the free version a try, and it it works out, you can upgrade to the paid version without having to re create your work! :)

If you've got any more, specific questions, fire them over to our support department support@wellfired.com

Regards,
    Well Fired.

19. WellFiredDevelopment

WellFiredDevelopment

Hey guys,

You can now grab the latest version from the Asset Store!

Regards,
    Well Fired.

20. WellFiredDevelopment

WellFiredDevelopment

Hello Everyone!

We decided that the usability of uSequencer wasn't good enough for you, the community! So we've gone and added awesome usability features for you. As usual, you can update your free copies right now from the uSequencer homepage! And we'll let you know when the Asset Store Submission was successful and you can update your packages.

What's that, More? I hear you shout? Don't worry, we'll be along with our next update as usual, in a couple of days, keep your eyes to the skies people!

New Features in 1.174 (Usability Update):
    Alter the editors Zoom Speed (Edit -> uSequencer Preferences).
    Alter the editors Scroll Speed (edit -> uSequencer Preferences).
    Hold the control button when zooming to increase zoom speed.
    Alt + click and drag to move the timeline with your mouse.
    Zoom is now retained between serializations (Entering / exiting play mode, after compilation, after saving).
    Scroll is now retained between serializations (Entering / exiting play mode, after compilation, after saving).
    You can now drag timelines up and down in the uSequencer pane (simply cick and drag them).

Bug Fixes:
    New timelines will be appended to the end of the list, not the end.
    Sometimes the scrub head would eratically jump to a new location.
    Audio Events will now play audio if you set the scrub head to the a time other than the start of the event and press play.
    Sometimes it was quite hard to select a specific keyframe.
    Ensure we always have a horizontal scroll bar.

Regards,
    Well Fired.

21. WellFiredDevelopment

WellFiredDevelopment

The asset store team are so incredibly fast!

Version 1.174 is now available for you all in the asset store.

22. Quickfingers

Quickfingers

Hey ArtOfSetting, been testing your new version with Unity 4 and managed to pin down exactly what causes the glitchy UI.
    When you play a scene with a uSequencer sequence in it and the uSequencer editor window is not shown this causes the glitch.

Hope this helps you debug this and can't wait for unity 4 support :)

23. WellFiredDevelopment

WellFiredDevelopment

Hello Quickfingers!

Thanks for narrowing this down so much for me, it's really appreciated! I'll have a look into this as soon as possible, hopefully I can track it down, based on this information.

Cheers!
    Well Fired.

24. WellFiredDevelopment

WellFiredDevelopment

Hey all,

We're coming at you with uSequencer V1.175, as usual, you can get it right now, from the uSequencer Homepage, or you can purchase / upgrade from the asset store when the package has been accepted

New this version
    a super funky Look At Object event (specify The target, and in and out curves).
    Property curves now only affect an object from the first keyframe to the last. For Example, you can animate a property starting at 4 seconds.

Both improvements where user suggested

Remember, keep us improving uSequencer for you by being sure to fire as many user suggestions over to us as you can!

Regards,
    Well Fired.

25. sipon

sipon

Hi,

i use usequencer since a few weeks, and really love it !

I'm used to do camera animations with several animation clip fired with play animation event, but fade camera event don't work over a play animation event.
    hope you can fix this !

tks

26. WellFiredDevelopment

WellFiredDevelopment

Hello this should work great out of the box :( Did you alter the inspector settings? Could you tell me if you receive any debug warnings in the log window? Also, could you let me know what your settings are in the inspector for the fade event.

Regards,
    Well Fired.

27. sipon

sipon

have not alter inspector setting, and no error in log window.
    here's how the timeline look

28. WellFiredDevelopment

WellFiredDevelopment

Hello, thank you for this information, we will look into this for you right away!

29. sipon

sipon

tks a lot ! so great support on this package !

30. WellFiredDevelopment

WellFiredDevelopment

Hello Sipon! We have a fix for this issue, and we will be submitting it to the asset store for submission after our most recent update has been approved.

In the mean time, you can get around this problem by creating a seperate object in your scene (Maybe called FadeObject) and apply the fade in uSequencer to this object.

Hopefully this temporary fix will suffice for a little while.

If you need more support, drop us a line at support@wellfired.com and we can set up a skype session for some personalised support.

Regards,
    Well Fired.

31. sipon

sipon

tks, separate object work !

32. WellFiredDevelopment

WellFiredDevelopment

Hello,

Version 1.175 is now available on the asset store for you to purchase!

Regards,
    Well Fired.

33. WellFiredDevelopment

WellFiredDevelopment

A fix for this has been submitted to the asset store, as well as other features. You can get it from the uSequencer Website, and I'll be sure to let you know when it has been accepted on the asset store!

What's New with uSequencer V1.176
    Unity 4.0 initial step towards compatibility - Fixed the GetAssetPreview compile error for Unity 4.0 it will now work out of the box, without user changes.
    Added a function to skip a sequence to a certain time (SkipSequenceTo), this function will only fire events that are marked Fire On Skip in the inspector.
    Added an appropriate event that will allow you to skip to a certain time, using the above function.

Bugs Fixed with uSequencer V1.176
    Fade Screen event now works when you animate and fade.

Enjoy making Amazing Cutscenes!

Regards,
    Well Fired.

34. aigam

aigam

Hi!
    The price of usequencer profesional? I can not find the "buy it" button on the webpage...

35. WellFiredDevelopment

WellFiredDevelopment

Hello aigam,

You should find the Buy It Now button at the very bottom of your purchase page, over at http://www.usequencer.com/purchase.

36. aigam

aigam

Thks! now I can see it!
    We are checking the free version and for now the tool looks amazing!

37. WellFiredDevelopment

WellFiredDevelopment

That's amazing,
    we're glad you like it, be sure to get in touch if you have any special requirements, as per our EULA, or if you need special amendments to the EULA, we've had to write simple changes for a number of companies, with large legal departments, and we'll quite happy consider any changes you might need.

Regards,
    Well Fired.

38. b14de1

b14de1

Hi Terry, does the HD recording feature adjust the games time so recording is unaffected by framerates dropping below that of the required rate (e.g FR drops to 20 on a 24fps recoding)?
    thanks

39. WellFiredDevelopment

WellFiredDevelopment

Hello b14de1,

The idea is that the recording should be framerate independent. We took the idea from high performance commercial game engines (Sandbox, Unreal). It basically runs the cutscene and dumps the raw frame data as a series of images, you'll get a lot of images (60 FPS == 60 images per second), depending on your capture size and resolution.

You will need to manually stitch these together using a third party tool. You can find tools with which, you can select a large number of sequential images and it will output a video without any interaction :) (For example, QuickTime Pro does this for you).

This should allow you to render out your cutscene at a super High Resolution with a completely solid 60 - FPS, even if your computer can't run your own cutscene at that framerate.

You might use this feature for creating very impressive 'wow' videos, for the press, or your fanbase :)

Regards,
    Well Fired.

40. b14de1

b14de1

Thanks for the fast reply, that's exactly what I was after. Your tool works great for what i'll be using it for; architectural visualisation walkthroughs.
    Well worth the price.
    /b14de

41. WellFiredDevelopment

WellFiredDevelopment

We're glad you're happy with the uSequencer! Feel free to ask if you have any more question.

Regards,
    Well Fired

42. WellFiredDevelopment

WellFiredDevelopment

Hello Everyone,

V1.175 was not reviewed, and thus never made it to the asset store, so we've bundled some more updates together and brought you uSequencer V1.177.

As usual, you can get uSequencer from the asset store, or you can try out the free, fully featured trial, over at the uSequencer Homepage.

New Features in 1.175 - 1.177:
    Added Load Level Event.
    Added the match object event.
    Unity 4.0 - Fixed the GetAssetPreview compile error for Unity 4.0
    Added a function to skip a sequence to a certain time (SkipSequenceTo), this function will only fire events that are marked Fire On Skip in the inspector.
    Added an appropriate event that will allow you to skip to a certain time, using the above function.

Bug Fixes:
    Manually pause and Play a sequence that is looping.
    Reset the show only animated flag when changing cutscenes.
    Fade Screen event now works with moving transforms
    New timelines will be appended to the end of the list, not the end.

43. WellFiredDevelopment

WellFiredDevelopment

Hello Everyone!

We've just uploaded the NEXT version of uSequencer V1.178!
    This is quite a big update for us and provides full support for unity 4.0b11, so, if you're running the beta, you're free to try out uSequencer in this new version, we're sure you'll love it!

As usual, you can get uSequencer from the asset store when the package has been accepted, or you can try out the free, fully featured trial, over at the uSequencer Homepage.

New This Version
    Official Unity 4.0b11 Support!

Bugs fixed this Version
    Boolean curves now work correctly!

Regards,
    Well Fired.

Last edited: Oct 22, 2012
  44. WellFiredDevelopment

WellFiredDevelopment

uSequencer 1.178 has been accepted to the asset store, and is now available for everyone to upgrade !

Regards,
    Well Fired

45. Lars-Steenhoff

Lars-Steenhoff

Keep the updates coming, wonderful !

46. WellFiredDevelopment

WellFiredDevelopment

We're currently taking suggestions for Unity 4.0 events users might want added to the upcoming versions of uSequencer, feel free to send any requests to support@wellfired.com

Regards,
    Terry

47. Lars-Steenhoff

Lars-Steenhoff

I would love to see some playmaker integration, actions for start sequence and stop sequence would be most welcome.
    Thanks

48. hitking100

hitking100

+1 for playmaker integration.

49. WellFiredDevelopment

WellFiredDevelopment

Hello,

Thank you for the feedback, and Playmaker integration is something we'll get to work on right away!
    For now, you can use the following in-built Playmaker event to call functions on a uSequencer Game Object.

https://hutonggames.fogbugz.com/default.asp?W56

The method names would be either : Play, Pause, Stop (Note that Play will resume a Paused sequence).

We haven't looked into Playmaker in too much detail so far, but it seems as though these events will get you what you need with no coding required!

Third Party integration is something we're working hard on, so if you've more suggestions, please send them our way!

Regards,
    Well Fired.

50. WellFiredDevelopment

WellFiredDevelopment

Last edited: Oct 28, 2012