Search Unity

Unity Cutscene Creator / Camera Path - uSequencer [RELEASED]

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by WellFiredDevelopment, Jun 19, 2012.

1. WellFiredDevelopment

WellFiredDevelopment

I hope this information is of some use to other people! Thanks for this djfrail.

- Terry

2. p6r

p6r

Another video made with uSequencer :
    I like the "Paper" effect of lowpoly models...

(Look at full HD !)

6R

wetcircuit likes this.
  3. WellFiredDevelopment

WellFiredDevelopment

These are dynamite! Keep them coming P6R! If possible, I'd like to use them in marketing material?

- Terry

4. p6r

p6r

Thanks a lot...
    Sure you may use my work for promotional objective.
    6R

5. p6r

p6r

Here my other video made with uSequencer and Unity 5 :

(Look at full HD ! A little lost of quality on Youtube !)

6R

6. p6r

p6r

Another one with 2D graphics :

6R

wetcircuit likes this.
  7. TechnicalArtist

TechnicalArtist

When u have planed release version 2?

8. ksam2

ksam2

I have a problem. I add a game object (Cube) to Usequence and add an Object Path Timeline then I add this object (Cube) as a target for my camera. But it doesn't move smoothly! I have no idea why! It just doesn't move smoothly. looks like lag.

9. ksam2

ksam2

10. QLINT_QLINT

QLINT_QLINT

Is it possible to remove a event from the USSequencer durring runtime?

11. WellFiredDevelopment

WellFiredDevelopment

Hi QLINT_QLINT,

It's totally possible, events are just gameObjects like everything else, you can do something like

if(deletion criteria)
    GameObject.Delete(event.gameObject);

Of course, you can also do this with uSequencer events, Playmaker or just about any other tool you're using for game development :)

- Terry

12. WellFiredDevelopment

WellFiredDevelopment

Hey ksam2!

It certainly shouldn't lag, I wonder if you have some errors in the console log?

So, if I understand correctly, your setup is like this :

Camera
    + Object Path Timeline -> Looks at Cube
    Cube
    + Object path Timeline -> Movement

13. ksam2

ksam2

But I have lots of lag! there is no error but my map is big and I run the game on 40 fps.

14. BortStudios

BortStudios

Is it possible to blend an object's move going into a sequence? For instance, I am doing something where the user can move the camera within a limited range using a joystick. She can also press something to start a usequencer sequence that is a camera move that goes to the next area. However, unless the camera is exactly lined up with where it was when I made the animation, there is a noticeable jump. Is there a way to make it so that the camera will follow the path and rotation, but initially ease / blend movement until it gets to the animation path so there isn't that cut?

15. WellFiredDevelopment

WellFiredDevelopment

Hey Bort,

This is definitely possible, check out the documentation here : http://www.wellfired.com/usequencer.html#documentation_tab (check out the Extracting the starting value at runtime section)

- Terry

16. WellFiredDevelopment

WellFiredDevelopment

So, if I understand correctly, your setup is like this :

Camera
    + Object Path Timeline -> Looks at Cube
    Cube
    + Object path Timeline -> Movement

Is this the case?

- Terry

17. BortStudios

BortStudios

This just opened up a huge number of possibilities for me. Thanks a million!

EDIT: Actually, it doesn't seem to be an option with my version of USequencer or something. Right clicking on a property only gives me the options of Remove and Copy To. Was this feature removed in recent iterations of the program?

Last edited: Jun 10, 2015
  18. WellFiredDevelopment

WellFiredDevelopment

Ping me an email with your unity receipt to support@wellfired.com and I'll make sure you have the latest version! :)

- Terry

19. p6r

p6r

I just have made this video with Unity and uSequencer :

(Look at full HD and screen !)

6R

ksam2 and WellFiredDevelopment like this.
  20. TechnicalArtist

TechnicalArtist

Anyone tried asset bundle loading or unloading through uSequencer ?

21. WellFiredDevelopment

WellFiredDevelopment

Hey devang_xprt!

We use Asset Bundles internally for a number of smaller prototypes, did you have some issues with them?

- Terry

22. WellFiredDevelopment

WellFiredDevelopment

Hey guys!

We've just submitted a new version of uSequencer to the Unity Asset Store, This new version provides some fixes for Unity 5.1! If you need this version early, feel free to email us with you're receipt at support@wellfired.com

- Terry

23. QLINT_QLINT

QLINT_QLINT

Hi ArtOfSettling!
    We have a deadline very soon and we are in dire need of a new update, that
    perhaps will fix some bugs with resetting objects to original state and animations.

I sent you a mail with my receipt yesterday! from Looking forward for the latest update!

24. puzzlekings

puzzlekings

Hi

I am just wondering if this works with Camera Path Animator at all?

I was planning on using that to animate the path etc. and for a Sequencer to animate other objects in the scene if that makes sense?

Any advice appreciated :)

thanks

Nalin

25. jitsheep

jitsheep

HELLO

just brought your product and started happy keying with my camera ,
    however I face some difficulty or bug...

1.at first i am happy with usequencer and key my camera ...every works fine... then... when i open unity after 1 day work...

2.i want to edit the camera path , so i open the local pos. cruve to view and edit it

3. just one click away , when i highlight the curve then i can start editing...

4.oops...the usequencer become this...I cannot edit even see the curve...

FYI : I got this warnings

can you please help me out ? i restarted unity many times and got the same result , it makes me feel sad

Kaho

Last edited: Jun 28, 2015
  26. radiantboy

radiantboy

Ive made a script that stops and plays sequences, this is working well, but the sequences are to move a camera along a path, and when the new sequence plays there's a brief moment where the camera is rotated to the correct position. This is awkward, I either want it to snap instantly to the right rotation, or find a way to slow down the rotation so it doesnt feel so fast, any thoughts?

PS, not used USeq in about 2 years, feels really amazing these days, and is a joy to use :)) Im working on a introduction screen which is basically just randomly picked fly throughs of the city Ive been building.

27. WellFiredDevelopment

WellFiredDevelopment

Hey PuzzleKings,

It won't work out of the box, but I'm sure you could make the two systems work together very easily. (Though I'd definitely suggest using an object path timeline instead ;))

- Terry

28. WellFiredDevelopment

WellFiredDevelopment

Hey Ka Ho!

I responded to your email today! Apologies about the delay in responding, for some reason the Unity notifications didn't get through to my email inbox! :( Sorry!

- Terry

29. WellFiredDevelopment

WellFiredDevelopment

Hey Radiantboy!

Do you use uSequencer with Property Timelines or with object path timelines for your camera animation?

- Terry

30. radiantboy

radiantboy

Object Path Timelines

31. WellFiredDevelopment

WellFiredDevelopment

Hey Radiant Boy!

It seems like you probably need some kind of "interp from start values" functionality for the object path timeline. When the sequence reaches the end, before you start the next sequence, do you stop the old sequence?

- Terry

32. radiantboy

radiantboy

Yes I do, yeh I was thinking that but I couldnt find a way to get a node of the camera path to query what the position (or rotation) should be. I dont really know why it is happening either, I would expect the change to be instant, my paths all are all "face forward" so I guess when I swap to another the camera has to rotate to what the new path considers forward.. so I could somehow hack your code for that and make it instant? Or use the manual orientation method I briefly saw?

Last edited: Jul 7, 2015
  33. WellFiredDevelopment

WellFiredDevelopment

Hey Radiantboy!

I think (but am not 100% sure at the moment) that you don't have to stop the previous sequence and that you can in fact just start the new one at the end of the previous sequence.

When you stop a sequence, it will be reverted back to it's initial state, which causes your issue :) Is there some reason that you had to call stop on the sequence?

- Terry

34. radiantboy

radiantboy

Thanks, yes I have multiple paths for the camera, I want to randomly jump in and out of these, this means I have to call stop on the old one in order to use the new one, because the original one may not have actually reached the end of its sequence. I guess I could use different cameras on each path, then I could just turn off the camera on the original path and let it run to completion itself while I am on the new path.. I think lol :)

35. radiantboy

radiantboy

Hmm now I am having trouble to get a sequence to play more than once, is there something you need to do to reinitialise it once its played? SequenceFinished() is immediately called the second time I try to play a sequence.

Edit: ah calling stop before play fixes that, but even with different cameras I have the same original issue, lol.. I was going to see if I could find your code where you initially rotate the object to animate and make it instant, but its a dll :) Now I am thinking I could have a brief black screen to block out the rotation but it sounds a bit ugly..

Last edited: Jul 8, 2015
  36. WellFiredDevelopment

WellFiredDevelopment

Hey Radiant boy!

Sorry about the delayed reply, I got a bit swamped with uSequencer 2.0 Work! R.E. The rotation issue, you do need to call stop in order to restart the sequence, but since it's already playing you could try something like this :

.RunningTime = 0.0f;
    .Play();

- Terry

37. radiantboy

radiantboy

Thanks Terry, my script works pretty well now apart from the rotation which Ive not figured out yet, will keep trying, kind of a shame the source is not in there and in c# :) Or maybe you can add an option for next version with a tick box for "instant rotation" on start, weird thing is If I select to orient the object with the first node Id expect that to do it, but I have to do this each time like it is being reset, and I think it didnt help but I havent confirmed. Next time I will try that and in my script store all starting positions and re-apply them as i move to the next camera, because my script can go back to one already used, and maybe leave it in an unsetup state.. or something lol :)

38. radiantboy

radiantboy

Also what are the chances of adding an option so that the play rate can be changed from code?

39. shb

shb

Hi Terry,
    my project is on unity4.6.
    I have some sequences in the scene and play them with Usequencer.Play() in the script when a collider detects touch.
    It works fine as expected in Android,
    But in iOS with il2cpp/arm64 , the Xcode generates error below and animations don't start.

Any help for me?
    (tried on unity4.6.4 , 4.6.6 , 4.7.1 with latest usequencer (1.3.9.1))

ExecutionEngineException: Attempting to call method 'UnityEngine.AnimationInfo[]::System.Collections.Generic.ICollection`1.CopyTo' for which no ahead of time (AOT) code was generated.

at System.Collections.Generic.List`1[UnityEngine.AnimationInfo].AddCollection (ICollection`1 collection) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at System.Collections.Generic.List`1[UnityEngine.AnimationInfo]..ctor (IEnumerable`1 collection) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at System.Linq.Enumerable.ToList[AnimationInfo] (IEnumerable`1 source) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at WellFired.USTimelineAnimation.StartTimeline () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at WellFired.USSequencer.set_RunningTime (Single value) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at WellFired.USSequencer.SetPlaybackTime (Single time) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at BD_SequencerActivator.doPlay () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at BDSequencePlay.HandleOnPropTouched (.BD_SequencerActivator obj, Vector2 pos) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at System.Action`2[BD_SequencerActivator,UnityEngine.Vector2].Invoke (.BD_SequencerActivator arg1, Vector2 arg2) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at BD_ControlInputRenderTexture.HandleonTouchDownE (Vector2 pos) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Gesture+TouchDownHandler.Invoke (Vector2 pos) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Gesture.OnTouchDown (Vector2 pos) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at BasicDetector.Update () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

(Filename: currently not available on il2cpp Line: 4294967295)

40. cyangamer

cyangamer

Whenever I try to build a project while uSequencer is in my project, I can't because of this error:

upload_2015-7-11_20-4-25.png

I'm using Unity 5 and the newest free trial of uSequencer. Since I hadn't made any animations with it, I went ahead and deleted the plugin so that I could build my game. Still, I was hoping to actually buy and use this in the future. Can I just remove these scripts if they are the source of the issue? Or should I wait for a fix?

Thanks!

41. WellFiredDevelopment

WellFiredDevelopment

Hey Radiant boy!

This can be done already! Please try modifying the PlaybackRate on a uSequencer object! :)

- Terry

42. WellFiredDevelopment

WellFiredDevelopment

I guess the option to us snap rotation on the first frame could easily be done! If you'd like that, I can make a personal build for you, before it hits the asset store, email me over st support@wellfired.com! :)

- Terry

43. WellFiredDevelopment

WellFiredDevelopment

Hi!

Could you please indicate which patch version of 4.6 you're running?

- Terry

44. WellFiredDevelopment

WellFiredDevelopment

Hi,

This is resolved in the "pending submission" version, if you'd like early access, please email me your receipt at support@wellfired.com

We'll update the free version today on the uSequencer site! :)

- Terry

45. shb

shb

Hi Terry.
    I tried 4.6.4p4 and 4.6.7p1 with usequencer latest free version from Usequencer official website link.

Here's my situation.
    I have bunch of sequences (game objects with USSequencer scripts on it) in the scene.

Another game object has collider on it, and when it detects touch
    it is trying to play sequence with following script.
    sequenceToPlay has link to gameobject of USSequencer instances.

[SerializeField]
    private USSequencer sequenceToPlay;
    //Usethisforinitialization
    publicvoiddoPlay()
    {
    if (sequenceToPlay != null)
    {
    sequenceToPlay.SetPlaybackTime(0);
    sequenceToPlay.Play();
    }
    }

Works fine on Android.
    but in iOS (il2cpp/arm64) Xcode generates errors for SetPlayBackTime()

I need to play animations over again every time user touches activator object.

removing setPlaybacktime and calling only Play() makes same error.

Any help for me?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited: Jul 13, 2015
  46. radiantboy

radiantboy

Damn that was quick! :D You got a time machine? Thanks!

PS, I have the most awesome usequencer powered demo, unity right now wont let me build out a exe or I would do a video for you :) I think you cant exceed 2 gig with an assets file which is lame ;-(.. I have 30 cameras some on paths some attached to npcs like people, birds, sharks etc, looks very nice, all powered by usequencer and adventure creator! I love this tool so much.

47. WellFiredDevelopment

WellFiredDevelopment

Hey snb,

You want to use .RunningTime = 0.0f; instead of setrunningtime.

48. WellFiredDevelopment

WellFiredDevelopment

Hey Radiantboy!

I'm very happy to hear you're having a good time with uSequencer and enjoy using it. I'd love to see the demo! If you could upload a private video to youtube, that'd be perfect ;)

P.S. uRecord would work wonders at creating the video for you ;) /ProductPush

- Terry

49. shb

shb

Hi Terry,

.runningTime =0.0f instead of setRunningTime doesn't work either.
    I got same error.

and even removing runningtime makes same error.
    Just .Play() also makes same error.

any help?

50. WellFiredDevelopment

WellFiredDevelopment

Hi shb,

It's really important that you try doing a full clean rebuild with Xcode. That's not just hitting the clean and rebuild option, but also doing a 'clean build folder'. Sometimes xCode isn't clever enough to clean out all of Unity's intermediate files. This is especially important with IL2CPP builds, can you please try that and then post back here if it doesn't help ?

For more information : http://stackoverflow.com/questions/8087065/xcode-4-clean-vs-clean-build-folder

- Terry