Search Unity

Unity Cutscene Creator / Camera Path - uSequencer [RELEASED]

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by WellFiredDevelopment, Jun 19, 2012.

1. vicenterusso

vicenterusso

Hi, I think so..
    I'm using the same process to key position changes. I've attached a file... so basically the character is a gnome scratching its head. First problem came when the pivot is in the center of image.. so I changed the pivot to the joint between arm and shoulder.. that worked. Then I can rotate but not with the gizmo, but with the inspector, tweaking the Z axis of rotation. This way I can rotate using my custom pivot however the uSequencer do not key it. It only add the key when I rotate using the gizmo.. any idea of what I'm doing wrong? Thanks

Attached Files:

2. WellFiredDevelopment

WellFiredDevelopment

Hey!

I'm not 100% sure what could be going wrong, everything seems completely legitimate, I wonder if you see any error messages in Unity's console when you use the inspector widget that you don't see when using the handle in the scene view?

- Terry

3. vicenterusso

vicenterusso

I get this error message when I open the project, but if I clear the console and try to key/rotate the arm it doesn't show any message then.. hope it helps.

Attached Files:

4. p6r

p6r

How to loop a Legacy animation with uSequencer ???

I have found the trick...

6R

Last edited: Mar 28, 2015
  5. WellFiredDevelopment

WellFiredDevelopment

Hey p6r,

Did you resolve this? :)
    Legacy animations work, but it would be better to move over to Mecanim animations where possible.

- Terry

6. WellFiredDevelopment

WellFiredDevelopment

Hey, it could be indeed related to this issue, it seems one of your keyframes has become a little borked. Please send me an email at support@wellfired.com and I'll help you resolve it :)

- Terry

7. p6r

p6r

Yes, I could solve this... Thanks a lot Terry.
    Mecanim is better but I was tested "old" animated characters with very nice included Legacy animations.
    6R

8. WellFiredDevelopment

WellFiredDevelopment

Hey!

Glad to hear you resolved this issue p6r!

- Terry

9. DrewMedina

DrewMedina

(SOLVED) I didnt see the usequencer folder still there from 4.6... my clean install wasn't so clean. Looks good. Leaving it here in case anyone else does this... Thanks
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I just updated for unity5 and I'm getting errors like this in a fresh install.
    I see the link you added for free, I'm using paid and assume it automatically gives me the correct version.
    Thanks!

examples (94 errors):
    Assets/WellFired/uSequencer/Sequencer Events/Physics/USSleepRigidBody.cs(11,10): error CS0246: The type or namespace name `USequencerEventHideDurationAttribute' could not be found. Are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?

Assets/WellFired/uSequencer/Sequencer Events/Object/USEnableObjectEvent.cs(11,10): error CS0246: The type or namespace name `USequencerEventHideDuration' could not be found. Are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?

Last edited: Apr 8, 2015
  10. WellFiredDevelopment

WellFiredDevelopment

Thanks for that info headtrip!

Here's a sneak peel at uSequencer 2.0 for you guys, coming soon! :D

https://twitter.com/WellFired/status/584552788262199296

(P.S. This update is the biggest since uSequencer 1.0 and will see a TON of usability improvements and bug fixes.)

- Terry

hopeful and OnePxl like this.
  11. TonyLi

TonyLi

Nice looking interface!

Will there be any changes to the API? (Should I expect to have to update the Dialogue System's integration package for uSequencer?)

12. WellFiredDevelopment

WellFiredDevelopment

Hey Tony,

There will be no modifications to the existing API, only additions. With one exception. Custom event renderers need to be altered slightly, since I've added an API for colourising events based on category. Seen below:

Screen Shot 2015-04-07 at 21.29.39.png

- Terry

13. WellFiredDevelopment

WellFiredDevelopment

I'll create a full list of all modifications and bug fixes (Soooooo Many) shortly.

:)

14. TonyLi

TonyLi

Sounds great! Thanks!

15. TechnicalArtist

TechnicalArtist

Great update!!!

16. WellFiredDevelopment

WellFiredDevelopment

Thanks!

We'll post more details as we near the release date! :)

- Terry

17. p6r

p6r

Here is my new video made with uSequencer and 2D sprites :

6R

18. WellFiredDevelopment

WellFiredDevelopment

This looks great 6R! Can't wait to see what else you will do with uSequencer! :D

19. jrhee

jrhee

Hi,

Thanks for the great tool- very useful! Just had a few quick questions- is it possible to:

1) Reorder event timelines for the same affected object?

2) Move events between timelines for the same affected object

3) Copy/paste or duplicate events?

4) Prevent deselecting active sequence when playing? Or at least return it to focus when finished playing (with the same timelines expanded/collapsed)

Thanks!

20. WellFiredDevelopment

WellFiredDevelopment

Hey jrhee!

Thanks for getting in touch! Hope you're still enjoying uSequencer!

1) Not currently, but look for it in the next version! :)
    2) Yes, though not currently in the UI. If you close uSequencer, you can move events around in the Unity hierarchy! the Sequence object has the same structure as the uSequencer UI.
    3) Yes, you can, it's super easy, take a look at our documentation http://www.wellfired.com/usequencer.html#documentation_tab Check out the duplicating events section! (Actually, everything can be duplicated in the same way!)
    4) This is resolved in the next version! Complete edit, game, recompile synchronicity! :)

Hope that was helpful!

- Terry

SAOTA likes this.
  21. jrhee

jrhee

Awesome, thanks Terry!

22. WellFiredDevelopment

WellFiredDevelopment

No problem, feel free to follow us on Twitter for the latest info about releases http://twitter.com/wellfired !

Let me know if you need anything else!

-Terry

23. castor76

castor76

Hi Terry.

Just bought and using usequencer. Two questions.

1. Having just bought this asset and came here to find out that 2.0 is on the way.. :D is there any plan for free / optional upgrades for version 1.x users? :D

2. I am trying to user usequencer with 2dtoolkit sprites, and it gives me this log out put everytime :

Couldn't map Unity Internal : SortingOrder
    UnityEngine.Debug:Log(Object)
    WellFired.USPropertyMemberUtility:GetUnityPropertyNameFromUSProperty(String, Component)
    WellFired.USComponentHierarchyItem:Initialize(USTimelineBase)
    WellFired.USPropertyTimelineHierarchyItem:Initialize(USTimelineBase)
    WellFired.USTimelineContainerHierarchyItem:SetupWithTimelineContainer(USTimelineContainer)
    WellFired.USContent:OnSequenceChange(USSequencer)
    WellFired.USWindow:SequenceSwitch(USSequencer)
    WellFired.USWindow:SequenceUpdate()
    UnityEditor.EditorApplication:Internal_CallUpdateFunctions()

Couldn't map Unity Internal : FlipX
    WellFired.USPropertyMemberUtility:GetUnityPropertyNameFromUSProperty(String, Component)
    WellFired.USTimelineContainerHierarchyItem:SetupWithTimelineContainer(USTimelineContainer)

Couldn't map Unity Internal : FlipY

I am guessing something that can't be mapped .. which is understanable. But is there any way to toggle the logs on or off? We write the logs to the file and this is making the logs unnecessary long.

Thanks.

24. castor76

castor76

I also tends to get this error :

System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    at WellFired.USPropertyTimelineHierarchyItem.ExtractRecordableModifications (UnityEditor.UndoPropertyModification[] modifications) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    at WellFired.USPropertyTimelineHierarchyItem.PostProcess (UnityEditor.UndoPropertyModification[] modifications) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    WellFired.USPropertyTimelineHierarchyItem:postProcess(UndoPropertyModification[])
    UnityEditor.Undo:InvokePostprocessModifications(UndoPropertyModification[])

25. WellFiredDevelopment

WellFiredDevelopment

Hello!

1) We will definitely be supporting an upgrade path! :) FYI, uSequencer V 1.0 sequences will continue to work with uSequencer 2.0. That's three whole years later! :D
    2) You don't need to worry bout these, but you're right, it shouldn't really be output, since it's only informative and clogs your Console!
    3) Does this error stop uSequencer from working, or is it simply annoying in your log?

Sorry about that !

- Terry

26. castor76

castor76

So far, it seems like it is more about annoying than actually stop me from using it. I am wondering if this log will also output in actual build? Or are they only for Editor and non play mode?

27. SAOTA

SAOTA

Great Asset.

I moved to this from a hacked together hermite spline controller. What my script did do, which I'm currently missing, is that it takes the point's rotation into account for the rotation of the object that moves along a spline.

Is there a way to change the object's direction when it moves to a second sequence.

Eg. I am facing (0,0,0) in my first sequence, but on my second sequence my player needs to face (0,90,0).

Do I need to keyframe this rotation value, or can I rotate one of the point's along the spline.

upload_2015-4-20_14-33-19.png

28. jrhee

jrhee

2.0 is looking great- any chance on an ETA? I'm have a lot of cutscene work coming up, but it'd be great if I could schedule it around the 2.0 release!

Also, any plans for a public beta? I'd definitely be interested!

29. jrhee

jrhee

One other question: is it possible to force the timeline window to update? I'm doing some custom InspectorGUI stuff which affects eventBase.Duration; I see the Duration field updating in the inspector, but it's not reflected in the timeline window until I hover over it to force RenderEvent to trigger.

30. WellFiredDevelopment

WellFiredDevelopment

Hello!

Did you attempt to use the Orientation modes on the object path timeline? This will allow you to do Manual (I.e. With a property timeline or a custom script), Face Forward, or Face Object (Which could also be moving on an Path Timeline).

- Terry

31. WellFiredDevelopment

WellFiredDevelopment

I'm glad you're interested, I'll be sure to post here and on our Twitter www.twitter.com/wellfired if we run a public beta (We definitely will).

32. SAOTA

SAOTA

I did. I'm currently on manual. I'm using this for VR so I've parented a camera in a gameobject, I am using the game object in an object path timeline.

Facing an object on a separate path timeline is great and could add some great choreography. Thanks.

33. jrhee

jrhee

I'm working on some custom event visualization stuff and would like to have the appearance in the timeline change based on whether the event is selected. Is there a way I can check to see if the event is selected in my RenderEvent override? I came across ISelectableContainer.SelectedObjects in the scripting docs, but wasn't sure how to get the correct ISelectableContainer reference.

34. WellFiredDevelopment

WellFiredDevelopment

Hello!

Coincidentally, this information will be readily available for you in V2.0, but for now, you can iterate over the Selection.objects array of objects, checking for your event (typeof USEventBase)! :)

- Terry

35. inas

inas

36. WellFiredDevelopment

WellFiredDevelopment

Hey Inas!

We'll have some more teasers for you soon ;)

- Terry

37. RickBurton

RickBurton

Howdy!

Strange issue with installing Usequencer in Unity 5. In an empty project, I have no issues but when I import it into our team's prototype project, many compiler issues:

2 error similar to this: Prototype\Assets\WellFired\shared\Uncompiled\Runtime\Platform Specific\UnityEditor\EditorUnityEditorHelper.cs(15,15): Error CS0535: 'WellFired.Shared.UnityEditorHelper' does not implement interface member 'WellFired.Shared.IUnityEditorHelper.AddUpdateListener(System.Action)' (CS0535) (Assembly-CSharp)

and about 55 similar to this: Prototype\Assets\WellFired\uSequencer\Sequencer Events\Editor\USApplyForceEventEditor.cs(25,25): Error CS0246: The type or namespace name 'USApplyForceEvent' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?) (CS0246) (Assembly-CSharp-Editor)

Any thoughts to a cause?

38. Diomede

Diomede

Hi I'have imported uSequencer assets 1.3.7 , in unity 5 , but when I try to compile ,for every kind of plattorm, I get this compiler error ...

Unhandled Exception: System.Reflection.ReflectionTypeLoadException: The classes in the module cannot be loaded.
    at (wrapper managed-to-native) System.Reflection.Assembly:GetTypes (bool)
    at System.Reflection.Assembly.GetTypes () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    at Mono.CSharp.RootNamespace.ComputeNamespaces (System.Reflection.Assembly assembly, System.Type extensionType) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    at Mono.CSharp.RootNamespace.ComputeNamespace (Mono.CSharp.CompilerContext ctx, System.Type extensionType) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    at Mono.CSharp.GlobalRootNamespace.ComputeNamespaces (Mono.CSharp.CompilerContext ctx) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    at Mono.CSharp.Driver.LoadReferences () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    at Mono.CSharp.Driver.Compile () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    at Mono.CSharp.Driver.Main (System.String[] args) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

39. EDarkness

EDarkness

Just a quick question...how do I force the observer to use a particular camera? I don't want it to start with the main camera, but when I deactivate the main camera, it goes to "null" and I can't switch it to the camera I want it to use. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

40. WellFiredDevelopment

WellFiredDevelopment

Hello,

You're using the unity 4.x version in unity 5.0. using the correct version will resolve this issue :)

- Terry

41. WellFiredDevelopment

WellFiredDevelopment

Hey!

Set up your scene as you'd like it, then simply put a keyframe at 0.0 seconds with the camera you'd like to use!

- Terry

42. WellFiredDevelopment

WellFiredDevelopment

Hi RickBurton,

I wonder if perhaps your team has an old version of uSequencer installed (or at least part of it). Before you attempt to install uSequencer, ensure you have no WellFired or uSequencer directory in your project. :)

- Terry

43. RickBurton

RickBurton

Was thinking that as well. I tested for a that a few times even to the point of creating a new project with only a fresh download of Usequencer 1.3.9.1 then importing the project but with the same results. While I have not yet determined the cause, I am slowly narrowing it down to a potential conflict with a subset of scripts in our project. I can import the entire project but a small subset of scripts and there are no errors. Not exactly sure what the deal is with these scripts since there is nothing terribly unusual about them but one theory is that they may be the only scripts where we use delegates.

44. RickBurton

RickBurton

Ok.. I think I have successfully found my 1 script that is somehow causing all of the conflicts though I do not understand why. If it and only it is removed than all resulting references are commented out, no errors with the WellFired scripts. I'm going to dig further but the most unique aspect of the script is its critical Queue<IEnumerator>.
    I'll update if I can narrow the issue further

45. RickBurton

RickBurton

Think I got it. This make sense at all?: I have a script and class named Action. Could this be conflicting with a class in Usequencer?

46. RickBurton

RickBurton

And that seems to be it. "Fix" was to rename the script and class "Action" to "ActionQueue" and fix all references.

47. EDarkness

EDarkness

How come none of my object have the "Object Path Timeline"? I keep looking at your videos, but I don't see how to add them. My objects only have two options (Property and Event). The documentation doesn't mention how to get the other timelines to become available. Is there something going on that I need to do?

48. djfrail

djfrail

I got a build error when trying to build using IL2CPP for iOS, looks like it's related USequencer. I'm on Unity 4.6.4.

*UPDATE: After installing Unity 4.6.5 the build error went away

Failed running /Applications/Unity/Unity.app/Contents/Frameworks/il2cpp/il2cpp.exe --copy-level=None --enable-generic-sharing --enable-unity-event-support --emit-null-checks --enable-array-bounds-check --extra-types.file="/Applications/Unity/Unity.app/Contents/Frameworks/il2cpp/il2cpp_default_extra_types.txt"
    ...various dlls...

stdout;
    IL2CPP error (no further information about what managed code was being converted is available)
    Additional information: Build a development build for more information. Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.
    stderr:

Unhandled Exception: System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. ---> System.InvalidOperationException: Ldtoken opcode used on field 'System.Exception WellFired.Promise.Promise`1/<Reject>c__AnonStorey3<PromisedT>::ex' with generic parameters.
    at Unity.IL2CPP.GenericSharing.GenericSharingVisitor.Visit (Mono.Cecil.Cil.Instruction instruction, Unity.Cecil.Visitor.Context context) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    at Unity.Cecil.Visitor.Visitor.Visit (Mono.Cecil.Cil.MethodBody methodBody, Unity.Cecil.Visitor.Context context) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    at Unity.Cecil.Visitor.Visitor.Visit (Mono.Cecil.MethodDefinition methodDefinition, Unity.Cecil.Visitor.Context context) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    at Unity.IL2CPP.GenericSharing.GenericSharingVisitor.Visit (Mono.Cecil.MethodDefinition methodDefinition, Unity.Cecil.Visitor.Context context) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    at Unity.Cecil.Visitor.Visitor.Visit (Mono.Cecil.TypeDefinition typeDefinition, Unity.Cecil.Visitor.Context context) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    at Unity.IL2CPP.GenericSharing.GenericSharingVisitor.Visit (Mono.Cecil.TypeDefinition typeDefinition, Unity.Cecil.Visitor.Context context) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    at Unity.Cecil.Visitor.Visitor.Visit (Mono.Cecil.ModuleDefinition moduleDefinition, Unity.Cecil.Visitor.Context context) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    at Unity.Cecil.Visitor.Visitor.Visit (Mono.Cecil.AssemblyDefinition assemblyDefinition, Unity.Cecil.Visitor.Context context) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    at (wrapper managed-to-native) System.Reflection.MonoMethod:InternalInvoke (System.Reflection.MonoMethod,object,object[],System.Exception&)
    at System.Reflection.MonoMethod.Invoke (System.Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, System.Reflection.Binder binder, System.Object[] parameters, System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
    at System.Reflection.MonoMethod.Invoke (System.Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, System.Reflection.Binder binder, System.Object[] parameters, System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    at System.Reflection.MethodBase.Invoke (System.Object obj, System.Object[] parameters) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    at Unity.Cecil.Visitor.Visitor.Visit[AssemblyDefinition] (Mono.Cecil.AssemblyDefinition node, Unity.Cecil.Visitor.Context context) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    at Unity.Cecil.Visitor.Extensions.DoAccept[AssemblyDefinition] (Mono.Cecil.AssemblyDefinition definition, Unity.Cecil.Visitor.Visitor visitor) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    at Unity.Cecil.Visitor.Extensions.Accept (Mono.Cecil.AssemblyDefinition assemblyDefinition, Unity.Cecil.Visitor.Visitor visitor) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    at Unity.IL2CPP.AssemblyConverter.Apply () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    at Unity.IL2CPP.AssemblyConverter.ConvertAssemblies (System.String[] assemblies, System.String outputDir) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

UnityEngine.Debug:LogError(Object)
    UnityEditorInternal.Runner:RunManagedProgram(String, String, String, CompilerOutputParserBase)
    UnityEditorInternal.IL2CPPBuilder:ConvertPlayerDlltoCpp(ICollection`1, String, String)
    UnityEditorInternal.IL2CPPBuilder:Run()
    UnityEditorInternal.IL2CPPUtils:RunIl2Cpp(String, String, IIl2CppPlatformProvider, Action`1, RuntimeClassRegistry)
    UnityEditor.HostView:OnGUI()

Last edited: May 3, 2015
  49. WellFiredDevelopment

WellFiredDevelopment

Hello Rick!

We use a .net class included within the System namespace, called Action. I suspect this is what caused the problem! Sorry about that! And sorry for not picking up on it sooner!

- Terry

50. WellFiredDevelopment

WellFiredDevelopment

Hello EDarkness,

I suspect you must have an older version of uSequencer, could you update through the Unity Asset Store?

There are no special steps required to enable the Object Path (or Animation) Timelines.

- Terry