Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Unity Cutscene Creator / Camera Path - uSequencer [RELEASED]

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by WellFiredDevelopment, Jun 19, 2012.

1. drylightn

drylightn

Hi everyone! Is it possible to animate the exposed parameters of a material/shader that is on an object in Unity through uSeqeuncer?

2. StevanJay

StevanJay

Hey :)

I'm having the same problem with the "Error while importing package: Package has unknown format UnityEditor.AssetStoreContext:OpenPackage(String)" error message... Can you contact me at stevan at innocent dot com...? Thx!

3. WellFiredDevelopment

WellFiredDevelopment

4. WellFiredDevelopment

WellFiredDevelopment

Hi drylightn,

You should use an event timeline for this. Then you can add event / Render / changeColour, and edit the curve in the inspector.

- Terry

5. drylightn

drylightn

Thanks! That works for changing the color, but is it also possible to access other paramaters of the shader? Far as I can tell this only affects the main diffuse color/texture?

6. nasos_333

nasos_333

Hi,

I just downloaded uSequencer and trying to import to the project

I get the below errors (using Unity 4.3.4)

Error while importing package: Package has unknown format

Is this because i use a lower than 4.6.1 Unity version ?

Thanks

7. Redtail87

Redtail87

I get the same error on 4.6.1f1

8. Redtail87

Redtail87

So i am trying to use usequencer is somewhat of an unorthodox way and wanted to see if you had some idea on how to do this easier. I have sequences in a prefab that is exported as an asset bundle like so:

Prefab
    Object1
    Object2
    Sequence​
    Object3
    Sequence
    I can get it to work (with one so far with what I have tried) but it is a pain to set up as hitting the update or create prefab button will overwrite the root prefab. Maybe I can make them outside of the root prefab and move them over when I export? Or maybe have the sequences as separate prefabs in the asset bundle, but then how to re-link them back into the hierarchy?

What do you think would be the best way to handle this?

Thanks.

9. Z1Rk

Z1Rk

Hi there,

I'm also getting the error:

when trying to import the usequencer into my scene.
    I'm on version 4.6.1f1

Thanks in advance!

Edit: This issue is resolved through contacting support. It's amazingly fast :D
    Thanks again Terry!

Last edited: Feb 24, 2015
  10. inas

inas

Hi @ArtOfSettling

Since Unity 5 release is imminent. Is there any progress on more easy prefab workflow? :)

11. WellFiredDevelopment

WellFiredDevelopment

Hey Inas,

We've got some more exciting things to announce soon, so keep your eyes out. We are working on (and investigating) the solution to a better prefab system, and of course, we have some nice ideas, but first of all, we have some new features and improvements to get out of the door! Watch this space! :)

- Terry

12. WellFiredDevelopment

WellFiredDevelopment

Hey drylightn,

You're completely correct, this currently only works for colour and texture, let me know what else you need and I'll create you some custom events! :D

- Terry

13. WellFiredDevelopment

WellFiredDevelopment

Hey nasos_333,

please email us at support@wellfired.com with your invoice ID and we'll sort you out!

- Terry

14. WellFiredDevelopment

WellFiredDevelopment

Hey Mike,

I guess with this setup, you're using Prefabs in Prefabs, which Unity doesn't support at all! (sorry about that).

How I would resolve this (specifically in your situation, with asset bundles), would be more like this.

Prefab
    Object1
    Object2(Has a reference in the inspector to Sequence Prefab 1)
    Object3(Has a referencein the inspector to Sequence Prefab 2)​
    Sequence Prefab 1
    Sequence Prefab 2

Then when you build your asset bundles, you can use the Push / Pop dependency methods to ensure dependencies stay between all your asset bundles. In the end, you would have three asset bundles (Prefab, Sequence Prefab 1, Sequence Prefab 2), but the Push / Pop dependency methods would ensure that the references in Object2 and Object 3 persist. For more in-depth information about Push / Pop, check out the official documentation : http://docs.unity3d.com/Manual/managingassetdependencies.html

It's been a while since I've dealt with asset bundles, but off the top of my head, the following code should work (A bit pseudo code)

BuildPipeline.PushAssetDependencies(); BuildPipeline.BuildAssetBundle(AssetDatabase.LoadMainAssetAtPath("Assets/Sequence1.prefab"), null, "WebPlayer/Sequence1.prefab", options); BuildPipeline.BuildAssetBundle(AssetDatabase.LoadMainAssetAtPath("Assets/Sequence2.prefab"), null, "WebPlayer/Sequence2.prefab", options);
    BuildPipeline.PushAssetDependencies(); BuildPipeline.BuildAssetBundle(AssetDatabase.LoadMainAssetAtPath("Assets/Prefab.prefab"), null, "WebPlayer/Prefab.prefab", options);
    BuildPipeline.PopAssetDependencies();
    BuildPipeline.PopAssetDependencies();

Incidentally, the problem you describe is exactly what these two methods are trying to resolve.

Hope that was helpful!

- Terry

15. nasos_333

nasos_333

Thanks, i will do so asap

16. Redtail87

Redtail87

Ah, I see. This definitely helps point me in the right direction, thanks!

17. WellFiredDevelopment

WellFiredDevelopment

No problem Mike!

Let me know if any of that wasn't clear! :) or if you still have issues (I suspect you're on the right track now)

- Terry

18. Gekigengar

Gekigengar

Recently purchased on the 50% off sale, tried importing :

Using Unity 4.6.1p4

19. WellFiredDevelopment

WellFiredDevelopment

Hello,

Thanks for your purchase!

As with the other people asking the same question, there is a little bug with Unity's importer, send me an email with your invoice to support@wellfired.com and I'll send you a copy of uSequencer that will work :D

- Terry

20. 00christian00

00christian00

Hi Terry,
    Any progress on removing the GC allocation every frame?
    I am working to make sure everything is pre instantiated, before integrating usequencer I need to make sure it won't cause me spikes on mobile as it will kill the gameplay.

21. WellFiredDevelopment

WellFiredDevelopment

Hiya 00christian00,

Was this allocation also after building a player? I can see the allocation locally, but it seems to be editor only :)

- Terry

22. 00christian00

00christian00

I just tried the following examples on Android with the latest version from the asset store:
    02 Instanced modified prefab 381B every frame
    01 Simple mecanim example (2.9K with spikes of 22K, higher than what I see in the editor)

23. WellFiredDevelopment

WellFiredDevelopment

Hmmm, then this is surely interesting, I will investigate and get back to you A.S.A.P.

- Terry

24. WellFiredDevelopment

WellFiredDevelopment

OK, so I can account for these leaks, send me an email over at support@wellfired.com and we'll see about providing you a build. Please attach your receipt to the email.

We've got some of the changes out of the way now and should be able to provide a beta build within a couple of hours, fully tested version in a couple of days.

- Terry

25. p6r

p6r

Hey, thanks to your great plugin I could make my first movie : (Hope you like it ! Look at full screen !)

6R

saucer78 and red2blue like this.
  26. saucer78

saucer78

I'm very interested in this asset - and GREATLY appreciate the offering of a trial - but I cannot seem to find a good link for Unity 5. I'd be happy to revert back to 4 to try this out, but just figured I'd give you guys a heads up...

Thanks!

27. Trung-Hieu

Trung-Hieu

I am trying to trigger the same sequence to play when player triggers something. However, after the first sequence.Play (), the sequence never plays again. Any suggestions ?

28. WellFiredDevelopment

WellFiredDevelopment

Hey guys,

We had to modify our website slightly just now anyways, so we've added the download links for Unity 5.0 trial versions of all our products. Just look for the little blue text :)

- Terry

29. WellFiredDevelopment

WellFiredDevelopment

Hey!

When a sequence plays to the end, you can restart it by calling Stop and then Play again :)

- Terry

30. p6r

p6r

Here I have improved my video above (made with uSequencer) with MoviePlus : (Look in HD !).
    For example I have deleted the sounds in Unity/uSequencer to add them in this movie software.
    In fact I use uSequencer to make the biggest work and I add the finitions in MoviePlus.

6R

31. Trung-Hieu

Trung-Hieu

I am writing some custom USEventBase actions and there are 2 particular actions that cannot serialize correctly.
    Basically I add those actions into the event timeline in the sequence, then restart Unity, those particular actions are gone. The gameobject in the hirarchy showing missing references.

Actually, these 2 actions are just added today.

I tried some action scripts from the uSequencer package, but the same thing happens. Do note that other custom actions of mine behave correctly.

I am using Unity 5 with uSequencer free.

Below is the code from one of those actions (modified from the PlaySequenceEvent in the package):

Code (CSharp):
    1. using UnityEngine;
    2. using System.Collections;
    4. namespace WellFired {
    5.     [USequencerFriendlyName ("Play uSequence")]
    6.     [USequencerEvent ("Sequence/Play uSequence")]
    7.     public class USPlaySequenceEvent : USEventBase {
    8.         public USSequencer sequence = null;
    10.         [Tooltip ("Play sequence at the beginning ?")]
    11.         public bool restartSequencer = false;
    13.         public override void FireEvent () {
    14.             if (!sequence) {
    15.                 Debug.LogWarning ("No sequence for USPlaySequenceEvent : " + name, this);
    16.                 return;
    17.             }
    19.             if (!Application.isPlaying) {
    20.                 Debug.LogWarning ("Sequence playback controls are not supported in the editor, but will work in game, just fine.");
    21.                 return;
    22.             }
    24.             if (!restartSequencer) {
    25.                 sequence.Play ();
    26.             } else {
    27.                 sequence.RunningTime = 0.0f;
    28.                 sequence.Play ();
    29.             }
    30.         }
    32.         public override void ProcessEvent (float deltaTime) {}
    33.     }
    34. }

32. WellFiredDevelopment

WellFiredDevelopment

Hello!

I just tried out the event, it seems to serialise quite fine. The only difference is that I've renamed the script. It is attached to this post. It might just be that the two names where conflicting. So in this package, you can see I've renamed the script and also the USSequencerName

The following information is only relevant if you're using sequences as prefabs!
    Unless you mean that the sequence you hookup in your inspector doesn't get serialised? If that's the case, this is by design if (and only if), the objects you want to serialise do not exist in the scene. If you really need this behaviour, however, there is a way to achieve it. You should check out the following methods :

http://www.wellfired.com/technicald...t_base.html#a46fe762730eac98b416f45db63574b92
    http://www.wellfired.com/technicald...t_base.html#a2fba107d090605c267d875fb07c95701
    http://www.wellfired.com/technicald...t_base.html#a9180fa5018783f0e9745f026cfc120ce

With these three methods, you can serialize anything! :D

- Terry

Attached Files:

33. Trung-Hieu

Trung-Hieu

Moreover, when I try to build the project in VS2013 (to attach to Unity to debug), VS2013 throws a bunch of "The type of namespace XYZ could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)" errors.

However, in the project references, uSequencerRuntime.dll can be found there. Inside I can find all the classes XYZ that are reported missing.

I tried to generate project files, but not help.

Any suggestions ?

34. WellFiredDevelopment

WellFiredDevelopment

I wonder if my previous messages helped you with your serialisation issues?

Does the type of namespace XYZ messages refer directly to your custom events?

- Terry

35. Trung-Hieu

Trung-Hieu

Yes! However, it not only refer to my custom events (all of mine custom events) but also refer to the codes inside WellFired/shared folder as well.

Basically, any code that use classes and/or decorators from WellFired will get the errors.

Strangely, Unity 5 compiles and runs just fine :)

Capture.JPG

P.s: Btw, the previous serialize problem with the new custom scripts are resolved. Changing the filename/classname helps.

Last edited: Mar 12, 2015
  36. WellFiredDevelopment

WellFiredDevelopment

Hey Trung,

You definitely have the Unity 5.0 package and not the Unity 4.6 package?

You can find them both here:

4.6 : Package
    5.0 : Package

I could imagine that would cause issues.

- Terry

37. p6r

p6r

Did you modify your files and folders in uRecord and uSequencer to avoid conflicts (for Unity 4.6) ?

6R

38. WellFiredDevelopment

WellFiredDevelopment

Hey p6r,

I did indeed! :) I'll need to send you updated packages fire me over email to remind me and I'll get them to you asap.

- Terry

39. WellFiredDevelopment

WellFiredDevelopment

If anyone else expirences this issue, it's easy to resolve, by simply using the appropriate uSequencer version (4.6 in Unity 4.6, 5.0 in Unity 5.0) :)

- Terry

40. p6r

p6r

I received the file... Thanks a lot.

6R

41. WellFiredDevelopment

WellFiredDevelopment

42. Gekigengar

Gekigengar

Hello, I recently purchased uSequencer,
    Probably a very nooby question.

Can I call a script function in the middle of a sequence?
    How can I perform that if yes?

43. WellFiredDevelopment

WellFiredDevelopment

Hello Gekigengar,

It's totally possible! :D

You will want to add the game object that will receive your event to the uSequencer timeline, then add an event timeline. On this timeline you can add a Signal/SendMessage event.

We have a number of variants for these events, allowing you to pass parameters (bool, float int :))

- Terry

Gekigengar likes this.
  44. WellFiredDevelopment

WellFiredDevelopment

Hey guys,

We wrote a very brief uSequencer + UnityUI tutorial to show how you can use those wonderful Unity UI controls to play with uSequencer. : http://wp.me/p5oMfy-2M

- Terry

45. vicenterusso

vicenterusso

Hi Terry, sorry if this is a silly question but could not find in the docs.. how can I copy and paste keyframes in the timeline? The Ctrl+C and Ctrl+V won't do. Thanks

46. WellFiredDevelopment

WellFiredDevelopment

Hey vicenterusso,

Not a silly question at all! When you have your keyframes highlighted in the uSequencer UI, simply press control, alt and drag. :)

- Terry

47. Hi Terry,

We've been testing the trial version of uSequencer.

We've noticed that outside of the cutscene gameobject (gameobject with USSequencer component), there's stuff in the scene but not in the scene Hierarchy (WellFired.USPropertyInfo?) that references gameobject used by the cutscene.

This is conflicting with our use of Advanced Additive Scenes plugin. Basically, it only works if everything needed for a cutscene (the cutscene itself and all the actors refered by it) can be contained in a "countainer" gameobject with no other dependency, which doesn't seem to be the case for a cutscene using uSequencer. We tried both the prefab and non prefab version of a cutscene.

Must the WellFired.USPropertyInfo references be saved in order to work or is this something generated everytime a scene with a cutscene is loaded?

Thanks!

48. WellFiredDevelopment

WellFiredDevelopment

Hey Bagelbaker,

If you save your scene before attempting to use Advanced Additive scenes plugin, all in memory USPropertyInfo's will be serialised into the scene file! :) No need to use prefabs :)

If you don't save your scene, they will be in memory (referenced outside of the container USSequencer object) until you save.

- Terry

49. vicenterusso

vicenterusso

Thanks Terry, another quick questions.. when rotating using the inspector no key is generated is there any reason why? I've tried all options (Euler, Quaternion) etc. It only works when I use the rotation tool, that won't use the pivot I've set for the sprite. I'm having same issue with the zoom factor of tk2d camera.

Thanks

50. WellFiredDevelopment

WellFiredDevelopment

Hey vicenterusso,

You definitely have added the relevant properties? (For example localRotation) before trying to use Auto Key?

- Terry