Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Unity Cutscene Creator / Camera Path - uSequencer [RELEASED]

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by WellFiredDevelopment, Jun 19, 2012.

1. WellFiredDevelopment

WellFiredDevelopment

Hello Everyone!

If you're upgrading to uSequencer V1.35 or later, we've added namespaces to our codebase. This means that if you're using our version of uSequencer that comes with a DLL, all your existing references to uSequencer scripts will be lost.

(Always backup before doing potentially dangerous operations).

The following steps will solve this issue, note that you only have to do this once.

1) Upgrade uSequencer through the Asset Store.
    2) Turn on Force Text Serialization with Unity (Edit / Project Settings / Editor, then set Asset Serialization mode to Force Text).
    3) Run the following menu item through Unity (Window / Well Fired Development / uSequencer / Utility / Upgrade Sequences To Namespace), then wait for it to finish
    4) Unity should ask you if you want to refresh the scene that was in loaded, refresh this.
    5) Save your scene and Project.

All of the Sequences in your Project and scenes should have been updated.

Regards,
    Well Fired

2. WellFiredDevelopment

WellFiredDevelopment

Hello everyone!

We just wanted to let you all know that uSequencer V 1.35.2 has been submitted to the Asset Store and the free version is available right now, for free, right here : http://www.usequencer.com/purchase.

Bug Fixes in 1.3.5.15
    Various fixes for small issues with prefab'd sequences.

We've also updated our web Documentation + local documentation, the format of custom events has changed slightly, so if you have any, you might have to make some changes!

Let me know if you have any issues, and, have fun!!!
    Regards,
    Well Fired

Last edited: Mar 30, 2014
  3. PranayKamat

PranayKamat

hello Just downlaoded the free version, I have a event with FireOnSkip set as true. when i use SkipTimelineTo() function, the event doent seem to fire. Can you please fix it.

Will the UndoEvent() be called when the timeline is reset using SkipTimelineTo( 0.0f ) ?

4. WellFiredDevelopment

WellFiredDevelopment

Hello Pranay,

If you SkipTimelineTo, events should get fired, which event is it that doesn't fire?

If you SkipTimelineTo, the beginning of the timeline, Undo Event will not be called, for that functionality, you'll want to call the Stop method. :)

Regards,
    Terry

5. WellFiredDevelopment

WellFiredDevelopment

6. sipon

sipon

hi,
    just updated usequencer and now got a lot of error (unity 4.2).

when opening usequencer window:
    and the usequencer window cant be dragged and docked.
    hope you can help

7. sipon

sipon

also got a strange issue :
    when the sequencer is restared after its finished (cause its looped) it enables ALL the cameras in the scenes.
    so it enables the race camera, NGUI camera....

8. TechnicalArtist

TechnicalArtist

9. WellFiredDevelopment

WellFiredDevelopment

Hello Sipon,

Does this problem persist if you fresh install uSequencer? To do this, just delete the uSequence folder from your hierarchy and re-instal it from the App Store.

Terry.

10. WellFiredDevelopment

WellFiredDevelopment

11. sipon

sipon

Yes, problem don't happen with 4.3, but my project is on 4.2.
    Can you compile a 4.2 version please ?

12. WellFiredDevelopment

WellFiredDevelopment

Hello sipon,

I will have to resolver this for you offline, we should be able to fix the problem, however, Unity deprecated some functionality with 4.3 so I can't simply build a version of 1.3+ for 4.2. I'm sure we can sort something out. give me an email at support@wellfired.com :)

Terry

13. WellFiredDevelopment

WellFiredDevelopment

Hello everyone!

We just wanted to let you all know that uSequencer V 1.3.6 has been submitted to the Asset Store and the free version is available right now, for free, right here : http://www.usequencer.com/purchase.

New Features in 1.3.6
    There is now a preference for rendering gismos and object paths in the uSequencer preferences (Edit / uSequencer / General Preferences).
    Optimised and rewritten the path rendering so that it no longer slows down the editor.
    We've added the Playback Rate back to the uSequencer UI.
    When adding a new keyframe to object paths, it will be added between more intelligently.
    The initial object path keyframes will be placed in front of the camera so you can start working with them straight away.
    Added a very small sample scene that demonstrated Object Paths.

Bug Fixes in 1.3.6
    Fixes for various Undo Redo Bugs.

Let me know if you have any issues!
    Regards,
    Well Fired

14. kurogane227

kurogane227

I'm running into an issue with the Observer Timeline, where I'm cutting to a new camera. I end up with my camera being 'null' and thus, there is no camera. It turns out that the gameObject is setActive to false, but the camera component is still active. Is there any reason for why this would be happening? Thanks!

15. WellFiredDevelopment

WellFiredDevelopment

Hello Kurogane,

This is unfortunately how the observer timeline works. Would the desired behaviour be that you'd expect the camera component to be inactive, but the gameObject itself to be active?

The reason the whole object is disabled, is because it may have other components on it that no longer want to run, such as the Audio Listener. :)

Regards,
    Terry

16. VladimirTa

VladimirTa

Hi.

I was testing uSequencer free and found two bugs in scrub pane.

1) When you zoom the scrub pane and then slide it to the right/left the scrub pane does not update, you have to zoom it in or out a little bit to update it.

2) When the scrub pane is zoomed in, and with the slider not in the beginning somewhere in the middle and you click in the scrub pane the red marker starts moving from the beginning and not from the place where you clicked.

Edit:
    I found one more bug in the object path timeline.

1) When you add two or more object path timelines to the same object and double click to add a key frame on the second added object path timeline it will add a key frame to the second and first object path timeline.
    But if you add a key frame to the first added object path timeline the key frame will be added only to the first object path timeline.

So when you double click it adds key frames to the selected object path timeline and all previously added object path timelines but not to the object path timelines that was added after it.

The same happens when you have visible object path timelines from other objects, but not when they are hidden (with the little arrow pointing to the right)

Last edited: Apr 19, 2014
  17. WellFiredDevelopment

WellFiredDevelopment

Hello,

Thanks for pointing this out to us! The free version actually fell slightly behind the released version, it was very small bug fixes, such as the ones you mentioned.

I've just gone and updated the free version today! :)

Thanks again

Regards,
    Terry

18. VladimirTa

VladimirTa

Yes, I checked the new uSequencer and those bugs are fixed now except one.

1) When you zoom the scrub pane and then slide it to the right with the slider the scrub pane don't slide with it, you have to zoom it in or out a little bit to update it.

Very good plugin, keep up the good work. :)

19. WellFiredDevelopment

WellFiredDevelopment

Thanks for the feedback :)

Here's a quick look at one of our up and coming features. We have an Animation (Mecanim) timeline, complete with Live scrubbing in Edit Mode.

https://twitter.com/WellFired/statuses/457873659374628864

Regards,
    Terry

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 20, 2014
  20. luispedrofonseca

luispedrofonseca

Hi, sorry if the question has been asked before.

Does uSequencer save the cutscene in a downloadable format? i.e. imagine you have a bunch of characters on a scene and then through uSequencer you'd make a few cutscenes that could be downloaded and played inside the game. Is this something achievable with your plugin?

Thanks!

21. WellFiredDevelopment

WellFiredDevelopment

Hello imteractive,

uSequencer is fully integrated with Unity, so any sequence can be made into a prefab and that prefab can be made into an Asset Bundle, allowing for downloading and playing of sequences at runtime.

More information regarding Asset Bundling can be found here : https://docs.unity3d.com/Documentation/ScriptReference/AssetBundle.html

Regards,
    Terry

22. VladimirTa

VladimirTa

Hi.

I was trying to print text on screen, the text prints ok but I was not able to change the font or size or color.
    I tried to changing them in the Text Mesh and GUIText component but nothing works.

Is there a way to change font size and color?

Also, in the Display Image is there a way to stretch one small image to full screen?

Thanks.

23. WellFiredDevelopment

WellFiredDevelopment

Hello Vladimirta,

The uSequencer UI events are quite basic out of the box and work exclusively with Unity's old UI system. I would recommend only using them for test purposes, since that system is quite poor and under performant.

I would recommend, writing some custom events for uSequencer that interface with your chosen UI solution. If you have troubles with this, we can likely help you as it adds to our list of third party support.

The other option is to wait a little while, until Unity's new UI solution is in place. We'll be adding A LOT more support for this system.

Regards,
    Terry

24. VladimirTa

VladimirTa

OK, thanks.
    The programmer of our team will write these events if we need :)

25. Parallaxe

Parallaxe

I have been struggling a bit with the Object Path Timeline feature. However, it is working fine now, but there's one annoying effect that remains: For some reason the object for which I created the Object Path keeps switching its position to 0,0,0. Even if both the Start of the path as well as the object have been moved to another position. The weird thing is that the Start keyframe will remain where I have placed it. Only the object gets transferred to 0,0,0. And this leads to a brief "jump" when the sequence starts (the object jumps to the Start of the path).
    I have not yet been able to reproduce this effect on purpose, but it happened three or four times now. Has somebody else faced this issue as well? Or is it a known issue?

And as a second question: When I set up my Object Path Timeline as "Ping Pong", is there a way to let it return as "ease in / ease out" at the end of the path? It's currently a very hard and abrupt turn, when the object reaches the end of the path and I have not yet found out how this can be flattened. Flattening is working just fine on property timelines. I'm only struggling with it around Object Path Timelines.

Thanks for any advice (-:

26. VladimirTa

VladimirTa

Hi.
    Today I was trying to play mecanim animation, but I was not able because it always gives me this error "Animator has not been initialized." when I try to play the animation in usequencer.
    I have setup everything like in this screenshot.
    Is this correct or I did something wrong?

$5.jpg

Thanks.

27. WellFiredDevelopment

WellFiredDevelopment

Hello Parallaxe,

1) This is by design. It may seem a bit weird, but it actually makes sense. Suppose you have two cutscenes, the first is animating an object from (10, 10, 10) to (20, 20, 20) and the second is animating the object from (20, 20, 20) to (30, 30, 30), there are no common points between these paths, so when you open uSequencer and add an object timeline, we cache off all of the data for every object in the cutscene and it gets restored once you're finished. If you, for instance, close uSequencer and Unity, then reopen Unity and move you object to position (10, 10, 10), then re-open uSequencer, the reset position will be 10, 10, 10 instead of 0, 0, 0.

2) We're going to add ease options to the object path timeline as the next update, we'll also be adding new curve types :)

Regards,
    Terry

28. WellFiredDevelopment

WellFiredDevelopment

Hello Vladimirta,

The PlayAnimation event is for the Legacy Animations, you should use the Mecanim events with Animators. We are currently working on a new timeline, called an Animation Timeline, which deals with Mecanim. It should be going into Alpha soon.

Regards,
    Terry

29. WellFiredDevelopment

WellFiredDevelopment

30. VladimirTa

VladimirTa

Hi.
    I saw that you have added Animation Timeline in the new usequencer free.
    Can you explain how it works?

Thanks.

EDIT:
    I figured it out why the mecanim animation was not playing, it only plays in play mode :)

Last edited: Apr 29, 2014
  31. WellFiredDevelopment

WellFiredDevelopment

Hello,

It doesn't fully work yet, it's pre Alpha, unfortunately, that slipped through the cracks, I'll be sure to update that package A.S.A.P.

What it will do, when it's fully functional though is allow you to play with Mecanim in Edit mode. Including full scrub support.

Regards,
    Terry

32. WellFiredDevelopment

WellFiredDevelopment

Hello everyone!

We just wanted to let you all know that uSequencer V 1.3.6.2 has been submitted to the Asset Store and the free version is available right now, for free, right here : http://www.wellfired.com/usequencer.html.

You can check out future Changelog at the uSequencer documentation page http://www.wellfired.com/documentation/usequencer/html/changelog.html

New Features in 1.3.6
    Added Keyframe / Event Duplication functionality to uSequencer, hold down control and alt when you start dragging to duplicate your selection. (Works with everything)
    Added a Render Hierarchy Gizmos preference.
    Added an invert zoom direction preference.
    Added in-comment documentation that is parsed by MonoDevelop and Visual Studio.
    Update our Manual and Welcome Screen to our new Homepage.

Bug Fixes in 1.3.6
    Keyframe handles now render with the correct tangent to the curve.
    Fix for issue with Observer Timelines resetting cameras when the timeliens have no keyframes.
    Fixed small graphical glitch with our vertical scroll bar.
    Ensure that uSequencer compiles and runs correctly, complying completely with Win 8 WACK tests.

Let me know if you have any issues!
    Regards,
    Well Fired

33. VladimirTa

VladimirTa

Any estimated time when the animation timeline will be available?

34. WellFiredDevelopment

WellFiredDevelopment

We'll hopefully post a public beta within two weeks. It's been a long time coming. :)

If you're interested in live updates, you can get them from our Twitter account https://twitter.com/WellFired.

Or just keep your eye on the forums here.

Regards,
    Terry.

35. pjlx911

pjlx911

Will this extention allow for me to do 2D cutscenes? I have tried and realized that the Animator is garbage when doing a basic 2D cutscene for my game and would love to have a better option to do this. I have downloaded it and tried to transfer my sprite sheet (or the parts of it I want for the animations but it's giving me a NullReferenceExemption that the Object is not set to an instance of an object.

If you do have a tutorial for it, I would appreciate it. Else, if this is something that might be implemented in the future, please let me know (as my project is pretty much at a standstill until I get this cutscene working right).

Thanks.

36. WellFiredDevelopment

WellFiredDevelopment

Hello,

There should be very little difference between making a 2d and 3d cutscene with uSequencer, feel free to try the free version and if you have specific issues, I can help you out with those. We're currently in the process of bolstering our video tutorials, so we'll look at including a 2d tutorial.

If you want to contact us directly, feel free to do so at support@wellfired.com

Regards,
    Terry

37. kurogane227

kurogane227

Thanks for the previous response! I'm not sure if this has been asked before - how can I hide the timeline and Play/Pause buttons that appear during gameplay?

38. WellFiredDevelopment

WellFiredDevelopment

No problem! You mean to say, you don't want the uSequencer window to display anything in play mode?

You should look inside : Edit / uSequencer Preferences / General :-D

Regards,
    Terry

39. kurogane227

kurogane227

Awesome, thanks a lot! Yeah, I just didn't want it to display the Gizmos when I exported the game. This'll do the trick.

Edit:

Actually, it looks like that fixed it, but when I re-opened Unity, it's back, even with the checkbox off. Any suggestions?

Last edited: May 5, 2014
  40. kurogane227

kurogane227

Actually I do have one more question: where would that General Preferences file be saved to? As in, if I'm working on a team, and I want everyone to share this setting, which file gets modified to save that setting?

I think I may need to reset this file since it is not saving my settings. The Play/Pause button is still appearing. Thanks!

41. vidjo

vidjo

Cant wait for the Mecanim beta!

42. WellFiredDevelopment

WellFiredDevelopment

Hello Kurogane,

The settings are unfortunately not stored in a file, but are personal preferences stored in Unity's EditorPrefs. Could you post an image of what you mean by the Play/Pause button is still appearing.

Regards,
    Terry

43. kurogane227

kurogane227

I mean these gizmos:

http://i.imgur.com/DAHKuFt.png

Even though my settings look like this:

http://i.imgur.com/dJ1op2n.png

Attached Files:

44. WellFiredDevelopment

WellFiredDevelopment

Hey Kurogane,

I'm not sure that's uSequencer, or if it is, it must be legacy. Does it actually control the sequence?

Regards,
    Terry

45. WellFiredDevelopment

WellFiredDevelopment

We've just updated our Source Version with this same change. :)

Regards,
    Terry

46. kurogane227

kurogane227

The slider on top keeps track of the timeline of the Sequence, and the Play/Pause button totally works. I'm 100% sure it's uSequence.

47. WellFiredDevelopment

WellFiredDevelopment

Hey Kurogane227,

it's definitely not a custom component written by one of your engineers? It looks like it's an in-game control (rendered in the Game View and also in your built player).

uSequencer fully supports this functionality, but we've never provided any components that utilise it publicly.

Regards,
    Terry

48. kurogane227

kurogane227

My bad! Foot in mouth, it was totally something else. Thanks for the help.

49. WellFiredDevelopment

WellFiredDevelopment

Glad you got it sorted out ! :)

Regards,
    Terry

50. WellFiredDevelopment

WellFiredDevelopment

This update is now available for all source users to grab!

Regards,
    Terry