Search Unity

Question Unity crushes when while building

Discussion in 'VR' started by Gebray, Mar 13, 2023.

1. Gebray

Gebray

Hello there,
    I have a 5 months old Unity VR project which was working fine. Now I changed my working pc and tried to modify one of my scenes in the project. The problem is it is crushing while building. It never had a problem while I was testing it just by pressing play.

The crush report was:

Obtained 2 stack frames

RtlLookupFunctionEntry returned NULL function. Aborting stack walk.

<Missing stacktrace information>

By the way I tried building by excluding the modified scene and the crush persists to continue and building for both windows and android gives the same error.

any help please?

2. lianne13

lianne13

Unity Technologies

Hi @Gebray are you able to provide more information regarding your crash?

You can obtain the full unity editor crash logs here (https://docs.unity3d.com/Manual/LogFiles.html) and the end of the log should provide the information that caused the build crash.

Additionally. information on the unity editor version(s) the OpenXR package version and with the difference in computer specs (OS, Memory, GPU ect.)

It is very hard for anyone to tell what potentially maybe the issue from that crash report alone. Hopefully with more information we or someone in the community maybe better to understand your problem and assist you with finding a solution!

Gebray likes this.
  3. Gebray

Gebray

I tried it on Unity 2021.3.15, 2021.3.20 and 2021.3.21 versions. I used OpenXR plugin 1.6.0. My computer specification: Windows 10, Installed RAM 16GB (15.9GB usuable), processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-8750H CPU @ 2.20GHz 2.21 GHz. Also the computer has 1TB capacity. I have attached the crash logfile below

Attached Files:

nilagard likes this.
  4. lianne13

lianne13

Unity Technologies

It seems you log file is empty. Can you send a new one? Also be sure to capture it right after the crash as unity will rewrite it once you open a new editor. Regardless, there should still be something in the logs.