Search Unity

1. We are migrating the Unity Forums to Unity Discussions by the end of July. Read our announcement for more information and let us know if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice

Question Unity creating duplicate 'ghost' images? in wrong orientation? Anyone ever seen this?

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by SquigglyFrog, Jan 9, 2024.

1. SquigglyFrog

SquigglyFrog

upload_2024-1-9_14-29-54.png

I dont know where to even begin on this, it's something i've never seen before.. I have prefab , that displays this taxman banner shown above, ONCE. I am using dotween pro to animate it, slide it in, etc. What happens though is often times (90%?) when the whole prefab is rotated to euler 0,0,90 (or any other orientation), it displays a duplicate ghost banner in the 0,0,0 orientation.

In the hierarchy, there is only 1 object created and displayed, 1 of each sprite in question.. and yet above you can see two copies of each.. If move the single prefab (moving the x value, or y), they BOTH move. It's seriously like a ghosted image in the wrong orientation.. anyone else ever experience anything like this?

This is using 2022.3.13f1 , and was previously exhibiting the same behavior on 3.11 and earlier. and it's ONLY this one single prefab that does it.. adding debug.logs shows only 1 object is ever created and called... editor and play mode.. debug and release... no change.. recreated the prefab, using copy and past, and renamed it, etc.. same thing.. only thing i have not done is create a brand new prefab, and rebuild everything..

Help?!?