Search Unity

Unity crashes when I click Window>Rendering>Lighting Settings. Unity 2019.1.0f2.

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by DylanG95, May 2, 2019.

1. DylanG95

DylanG95

Hi guys.

I'm very new to Unity and I'm currently having some trouble with it, I apologise if this is the wrong way to request help but I am at a lost end. I downloaded the latest version and have started to learn the basics.

I am trying to open Windows>Rendering>Lighting Settings.

Every time I do this, Unity crashes and closes down.

I have reinstalled Unity and made sure all of my laptop drivers are up to date but still no joy. I managed to find 1 other person with this issue: https://forum.unity.com/threads/unity-2019-1-0f2-crash-on-lighting-menu.664693/

I have added the screenshot of the error from the thread below, this is the same error I am receiving although I am on Windows 10, not MAC iOS.

This person was asked to log a bug report which was going to be my next step. Unfortunately, my bug report seems to have an issue as well. upon pressing 'Submit' I received an error which said I could not submit the report.

I installed the previous version of Unity and I can open the Lighting settings in this version, but, my project I have been working on was created in the latest version and will not work on the older one.

Does anybody have any idea of how to fix this or even a workaround?

Thanks in advance

Dylan UnityLightingSettingError.png

2. Lurking-Ninja

Lurking-Ninja

Please, submit a bug report and make sure you attach the editor log, support may find something in it to solve this.

My lighting settings is working properly, so I can't have any idea what's happening.

3. Homicide

Homicide

Same here, same issue.

FYI : Was solved by Deleting the Library, ProjectSettings Folders. Cheers.

Last edited: May 16, 2019
  4. habibieamrullah

habibieamrullah

hi, yeah it happens to me too, pretty annoying. I can not change my skybox because of this.