Search Unity

Unity crashes when changing scenes...

Discussion in 'UGUI & TextMesh Pro' started by BubyMB, Aug 24, 2016.

1. BubyMB

BubyMB

Hey guys, I am having a problem where unity crashes whenever changing scenes, this happens in a built version as well..

This is my game manager script (in lobby)
    http://pastebin.com/shVGMFpN

and this is my manager in the actual game
    http://pastebin.com/FWLVdrxZ

I have tried turning the assets off then enabling them when i join a game so it does not stress the pc as much (Line 76), but it still crashes

2. fffMalzbier

fffMalzbier

What does the log say , if its running out of memory it will tell you there.

3. BubyMB

BubyMB

It can't be memory, I am looking at my task manager while doing it and still running at 60% with a bit of a spike.

4. takatok

takatok

Your problem is here:
    1. void Update () {
    2. playButton.onClick.AddListener (delegate {this.ButtonClicked ();});
    3. PhotonNetwork.player.name = userBox.text;
    4. }
    Line #2 is Adding a Listener to the button cilck. This code should be in Start. Right now every update your adding an ADDITIONAL listener. So I suspect by the time you finally click that button. there are 100s of listeners all of which call the load level funcdtion. You only want that listener added once.

Also I noticed userBox is a Text UI element. I assume its the Text Element of an InputField somewhere? You also don't want this being constantly updated in the Update function. Create a new function called UpdatePlayerName, and set the InputField's EndEdit Event to point to it.

5. BubyMB

BubyMB

Thanks, worked perfectly. I now see my mistakes, making the on click stack like that would make it open the scene hundreds of times