Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Unity crashes after entering play mode a couple of times

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by TheEye2108, Jun 20, 2019.

1. TheEye2108

TheEye2108

The Editor.Log does not help because this is all it outputs during the crash.
    Code (CSharp):
    1. Reloading assemblies for play mode.
    2. Begin MonoManager ReloadAssembly
    3. Receiving unhandled NULL exception
    4. Obtained 8 stack frames.
    Is there a way to see the 8 stack frames.
    Unity version 2018.2.0f2 MacOS

2. leveelunitydev

leveelunitydev

Hey I have a similar problem. Unity (2017.4 LTS) will crash about dozen times a day, usually when I click Play, but sometimes when it compiles scripts....

3. TheEye2108

TheEye2108

It seems no one knows how to help us :D. I hope that changes soon still haven't found a solution. And yes it also happens when compiling.

4. leveelunitydev

leveelunitydev

Yup... it seems so... Unity is crashing about every 10 minutes... completely unusable

5. Report bug with editor logs and/or crash dumps. You also can check editor logs if you want to find out more what causes the crash. Usually there is information there about the problem.

If you choose not to submit bug report it may not be fixed since you may be the only one or one of the few who experiences this issue.

6. TheEye2108

TheEye2108

The problem is that unity does not crash it freezes so whe do not get any crash report. And when it freezes we have to terminate it directly using the activity monitor.

7. Joe-Censored

Joe-Censored

If the bug is not reported to Unity, and Unity QA has not themselves hit it, then you can be 100% certain the bug will not be fixed.

8. LlamaDiv

LlamaDiv

Having the same issue with my project. I have a 2Gb file that I'm trying to deserialize. It's very presence in the project appears to be causing the crash. Deleting it from the project resolves the issue but doesn't help me since it's a critical asset and I have no idea what about it could be causing the project to crash since the Editor log is virtually useless with that error on Unity version 2019.1.14f1

9. TheEye2108

TheEye2108

Hi everyone I wanted to share with you that the problem is fixed and that it wasn't a problem with Unity. The problem whose Firebase SDK so we reported the bug to them. As you can see in the latest patch notes for 6.5.0 "(Desktop): Fixed the freeze when playing in the editor for the more than once or when closing the editor, when keeping a static reference to either FirebaseAuth or FirebaseDatabase instances." So if you are using the SDK you know what to do :D

10. inxidious

inxidious

I'm using firebase sdk 6.6.0 but still experiencing these freezes