Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice

Bug Unity Crashes After Creating a New Script 2022.2.0b8+ Waiting for Unity Code to Execute

Discussion in '2022.2 Beta' started by tgkthefirst, Oct 14, 2022.

1. tgkthefirst

tgkthefirst

I've been experiencing this bug When I switched to 2022.2.0b8+ for trying out the new Entities package, posted there as well trying here so maybe I can find a solution
    After creating some objects in a subscene and getting into play mode, after creating my scripts folder and trying to make a new script, just after I hit enter this happens
    upload_2022-10-14_12-11-36.png
    and it just keeps doing that, in task manager says unity is not responding, I left it once for half an hour but nothing changes
    The screenshot I posted is when I just opened a project, did nothing but open the Monobehaviours folder and create a new script...
    If anyone encountered this I would greatly appreciate if they found a solution to this thing, it's very time consuming to deal with this thing (End process from task manager, restart ...)

mrbinggrae likes this.
  2. tgkthefirst

tgkthefirst

Did some more testing, it seems that this gets affected when entities packages are present in the project, created 10+ scripts in a totally empty project no problems there
    but somehow it goes sideways when I try to do it with entities, and others are not experiencing it, so somehow it might be connected to my laptop, any reasons that this could happen?
    Also In the screenshot above I remembered to include the error log:
    Generic message code 233 has not been handled, from what I've searched I only found message code 5, and It was related to unity hub being logged in or not, checked to see if I'm logged in, and yes I was logged in alright
    and it logs that every ~7 seconds

CookieStealer2 likes this.
  3. tgkthefirst

tgkthefirst

Been creating my scripts in visual studio, but oh no this error occurs when I click a gameobject in the scene just with another module...
    upload_2022-10-14_16-25-35.png
    This is really holding me back, can someone help me?

4. tgkthefirst

tgkthefirst

The Above thing (clicking on a gameobject then crashing) happens when In a subscene some gameobject is ticked as non-selectable (for editing) then the whole thing crashes if someone's experiencing the same issue

5. Alex-Thibodeau

Alex-Thibodeau

Unity Technologies

Could you pull the callstack for the crash from the editor log? I'm curious what it says.

6. tgkthefirst

tgkthefirst

hey @Alex-Thibodeau thanks for replying
    how can I do that? I've actually never done that before

7. Baste

Baste

The log is in:

Users/User/AppData/Local/Unity/Editor/Editor.log
    on Windows. Next to it is
    editor-prev.log
    , which is the log from the last time you ran Unity.

There should be something that looks like the output of a crash towards the bottom of that log. If it's a crash Unity manages to intercept, it'll say something like CRASH!!!!!.

Alex-Thibodeau likes this.