Search Unity

Bug Unity Crashes a lot.

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by Deleted User, Oct 5, 2020.

1. Deleted User

Deleted User

Hello. I have posted before about this. Unity still crashes. I uninstalled and got 2019.4.1f1. I usually can make small mobile games with little to no issues, but anything beyond that can crash the editor on a regular basis. I normally use Polygon assets and Mecanim animations, use different packs, and then remove the item(s) I don't need. However, I often crash during animation tests. Other times, the editor randomly crashes while I'm building the world in the editor. How could I prevent constantly crashing each larger project? Is there a way to monitor the requirements for the assets? I believe I meet minimum requirements for Unity.

2. Joe-Censored

Joe-Censored

What does the editor log say about these crashes?

You don't sound that confident, and the editor requirements are pretty low. The requirements are more importantly set by the contents of your project. What are your computer specs?

3. AcidArrow

AcidArrow

Unity has been extra prone to crashes when editing animations for the last couple of years, there’s not much you can do.

anycolourulike likes this.
  4. Deleted User

Deleted User

Well, at least I have a better understanding now, thanks. I hope things get resolved soon.

5. AcidArrow

AcidArrow

Probably not.

6. Deleted User

Deleted User

Edit: Now I can't even make animations with it. The edit animation button freezes the character in almost a sitting position.

Still, I'm surprised it's been causing issues for two years, actually.