Search Unity

Unity crashed after IAP-plugin update (ver. 1.17.0)

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by Andrey-Postelzhuk, Mar 16, 2018.

1. Andrey-Postelzhuk

Andrey-Postelzhuk

I've updated unity IAP-plugin from version 1.15.0 to 1.17.0
    It seems ok in my machine. Game runs in the editor. I pushed commit to the repo.
    Made a pull on the build machine. Unity editor begins to crash right after scripts compilation.

Situation is the same in the other direction. If I update IAP-plugin on the build machine I got crash on my own machine.

I tested this on two OSX machines. On Windows it is deadlock instead of crash.

In the editor log there are a lot of errors like that:
    Code (CSharp):
    1. TypeLoadException: Could not load type 'UnityEngine.RuntimeInitializeOnLoadMethodAttribute' from assembly 'UnityEngine.CoreModule, Version=0.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.
    2.   at UnityEditor.EditorAssemblies.ProcessInitializeOnLoadAttributes () [0x0007a] in /Users/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/EditorAssemblies.cs:165
    3. UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:Internal_LogException(Exception, Object)
    4. UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
    5. UnityEngine.Logger:LogException(Exception, Object)
    6. UnityEngine.Debug:LogException(Exception)
    7. UnityEditor.EditorAssemblies:ProcessInitializeOnLoadAttributes() (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/EditorAssemblies.cs:169)
    Does anyone know how to solve this problem?

2. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

3. Andrey-Postelzhuk

Andrey-Postelzhuk

@JeffDUnity3D Unity version is 2017.3.0f3.

So there is a solution that helps our team (need to do on EVERY machine):
    1. Close unity editor
    2. Pull from git (updated plugin is already in the repo)
    3. Delete IAP plugin directories
    4. Open unity and import plugin
    5. Reset all changes in the git
    P.S.
    The problem for our project is that we have code in 'plugins' directory dependent from IAP-plugin. So if IAP plugin is deleted it can't be updated. Because plugins (firstpass) dll compilation fails. Need to comment dependent code to fix compilation.
    I have a suspicion that dependent code in 'plugins' could be the reason of crash.