Search Unity

Resolved Unity crash on start of project

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by Rickard87, Dec 29, 2021.

1. Rickard87

Rickard87

Hello I need help!
    My project doesn't open and Unity crashes when I try.
    upload_2021-12-29_18-0-51.png
    I submitted bug report to Unity.

1. What happened
    Unity crashed. Now Unity keeps crashing every time I try to open this project. How do I save this project?

2. How can we reproduce it using the example you attached
    I created a isometric diamond shape 2D sprite in 2D environment, added polygon collider to it, made the sprite behave as tiles. Accidentally set tile value to 0 because I was going to write 0.5 and it crashed.

It did also crash every time I tiled my square shaped sprites tile value too high (about 9-10) which was off-screen.

So that is what happened. What can I do please? Someone suggested I delete Library folder, but this is not an option as it does not recreate my scenery and just leaves my project empty (thank God I made a backup of the folder before I did that). I am in the release stage of my project and am very appreciative of your help.

2. Rickard87

Rickard87

I restarted my computer and now I can open the project again. I did Ctrl + Alt + Del before and closed all related Unity stuff but I guess it wasn't enough. Anyway it works now. I'll leave the post here for anyone else who encounter this to JUST TRY RESTARTING YOUR COMPUTER. I'm happy again, that's what matters.

D12294 likes this.